HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Iced Earth!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24439
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:26 am

I too lost interest in these guys. Too much fluff. I'd have to be really blown away with the new material before I spend another dime on 'em. Maybe the new (old) label and the "retro sound" that is all the rage these days will invigorate Jon.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31922
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 am

Smindas wrote:
I'm surprised they've gone back to Century Media - songs like 'Burnt Offerings' were meant to be about how much they disliked that label.

I wouldn't be surprised if their current label (SPV)'s bout with bankruptcy had something to do with IE jumping ship. Maybe with the restructuring going on there, SPV can't afford them anymore.

Either that, or Century Media came crawling to them on their hands and knees begging. "Pleeeeeeze come back, Jon. We haven't signed a band that's sold worth a squirt of piss since you left. I mean, just look at our roster. We signed Iwrestledabearonce, for cryin' out loud... We NEED you. We have kids to feed!"

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2206
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Smindas wrote:
I'm surprised they've gone back to Century Media - songs like 'Burnt Offerings' were meant to be about how much they disliked that label.

I wouldn't be surprised if their current label (SPV)'s bout with bankruptcy had something to do with IE jumping ship. Maybe with the restructuring going on there, SPV can't afford them anymore.

Either that, or Century Media came crawling to them on their hands and knees begging. "Pleeeeeeze come back, Jon. We haven't signed a band that's sold worth a squirt of piss since you left. I mean, just look at our roster. We signed Iwrestledabearonce, for cryin' out loud... We NEED you. We have kids to feed!"
But true!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22616
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I too lost interest in these guys. Too much fluff. I'd have to be really blown away with the new material before I spend another dime on 'em. Maybe the new (old) label and the "retro sound" that is all the rage these days will invigorate Jon.

the last two albums have made me lose interest as well. I used to get IE regardless but now its a listen before I buy.

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2206
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:37 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I too lost interest in these guys. Too much fluff. I'd have to be really blown away with the new material before I spend another dime on 'em. Maybe the new (old) label and the "retro sound" that is all the rage these days will invigorate Jon.

the last two albums have made me lose interest as well. I used to get IE regardless but now its a listen before I buy.
The last IE disc that really thrilled me was SWTWC.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 454
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:58 pm

How come the drum sound always sucks on IE albums. Honestly, I can't stand this band. I like Dracula, and Phantom Opera Ghost, and Ghost of Freedom, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5613
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 pm

I could never become a fan. I have two of their albums: the dark saga and horror show. Very good, but didn't make me want to hunt down the rest of their catalogue.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 15320
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Smindas wrote:
I'm surprised they've gone back to Century Media - songs like 'Burnt Offerings' were meant to be about how much they disliked that label.

I wouldn't be surprised if their current label (SPV)'s bout with bankruptcy had something to do with IE jumping ship. Maybe with the restructuring going on there, SPV can't afford them anymore.

Either that, or Century Media came crawling to them on their hands and knees begging. "Pleeeeeeze come back, Jon. We haven't signed a band that's sold worth a squirt of piss since you left. I mean, just look at our roster. We signed Iwrestledabearonce, for cryin' out loud... We NEED you. We have kids to feed!"

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:31 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I too lost interest in these guys. Too much fluff. I'd have to be really blown away with the new material before I spend another dime on 'em. Maybe the new (old) label and the "retro sound" that is all the rage these days will invigorate Jon.

the last two albums have made me lose interest as well. I used to get IE regardless but now its a listen before I buy.
The last IE disc that really thrilled me was SWTWC.


The last disc to thrill me was "Crucible of Man"!

Every IE disc thrills me. I guess I'm probably their biggest fan here. Cool.


Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 412
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:48 pm

I really enjoyed the first 2 albums
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2056
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue May 04, 2010 9:53 am

Pulled out The Glorious Burden for the ride into work this morning. Man, this album rules. I don't care what anyone says, Tim Owens RULED in IE.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2512
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue May 04, 2010 10:30 am

Rex wrote:
Pulled out The Glorious Burden for the ride into work this morning. Man, this album rules. I don't care what anyone says, Tim Owens RULED in IE.

To each their own, that`s the album that made me lose interest in IE ....
I have it for trade,for anyone who might agree with Rex Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27322
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue May 04, 2010 10:55 am

Olafsto wrote:
Rex wrote:
Pulled out The Glorious Burden for the ride into work this morning. Man, this album rules. I don't care what anyone says, Tim Owens RULED in IE.

To each their own, that`s the album that made me lose interest in IE ....
I have it for trade,for anyone who might agree with Rex

That's where they lost me too. I used to think it was because of Barlow's departure but he's back and Crucible of Man also does nothing for me.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue May 04, 2010 11:04 am

Until Schaffer decides to go back to the simple song structures and loses the whole "I want these songs to be epic" Iced Earth will not grab me like they used to. When this band was on they were easily my favorite. Once Barlow left and Ripper came in I lost all interest in the band.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue May 04, 2010 11:09 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Until Schaffer decides to go back to the simple song structures and loses the whole "I want these songs to be epic" Iced Earth will not grab me like they used to.

I agree...trying to be all symphonic and epic and have all these intricate storylines, etc...it got boring...give me Dark Saga and Something Wicked...

I will agree that Ripper sounded great...but he usually does.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue May 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Quote :
Pulled out The Glorious Burden for the ride into work this morning. Man, this album rules. I don't care what anyone says, Tim Owens RULED in IE.

Preach!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22616
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue May 04, 2010 1:11 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
Pulled out The Glorious Burden for the ride into work this morning. Man, this album rules. I don't care what anyone says, Tim Owens RULED in IE.

Preach!

x2! I think this is the best Ripper cd by far.

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1862
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue May 04, 2010 1:21 pm

exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
Pulled out The Glorious Burden for the ride into work this morning. Man, this album rules. I don't care what anyone says, Tim Owens RULED in IE.

Preach!

x2! I think this is the best Ripper cd by far.

x3 TGB is the shiznit, and Ripper is the reason for it. He should have never accepted the offer to join Iced Earth and just did this album as a guest vocalist because Framing Armageddon was a turd!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2690
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue May 04, 2010 1:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Rex wrote:
Pulled out The Glorious Burden for the ride into work this morning. Man, this album rules. I don't care what anyone says, Tim Owens RULED in IE.

To each their own, that`s the album that made me lose interest in IE ....
I have it for trade,for anyone who might agree with Rex

That's where they lost me too. I used to think it was because of Barlow's departure but he's back and Crucible of Man also does nothing for me.

Yeah, same here. I'd rather put on Night of the Stormrider or Burnt Offerings again...
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 109
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:17 am

Bring it on!!!!

ICED EARTH Hard At Work On 'Inspired, Focused And To-The-Point' New Album - Feb. 14, 2011

U.S. power metallers ICED EARTH are hard at work on their tenth studio album, due later this year via Century Media Records.

Unlike 2008's "The Crucible Of Man" and 2007's "Framing Armageddon", the new CD won't be a conceptual effort. Instead, band leader Jon Schaffer promises a return to the raw-and-heavy sound of ICED EARTH's classic fan-favorite albums.

"I can tell you from the riffs and the attitude behind it," he said, "this is going to be a bad-ass record. This is inspired, focused, and to the point. This is really heavy stuff. It's a kick in the nuts."

He added: "People probably think I don't have it in me any more. But they're going to be proved wrong about that. I can tell you this: we're coming back with a vengeance. We're out for blood."


Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31922
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:35 am

Quote :
Unlike 2008's "The Crucible Of Man" and 2007's "Framing Armageddon", the new CD won't be a conceptual effort.

Oh, thank God. If the next album was gonna be "Framing Armageddon Part III: Electric Boogaloo," I was gonna smash it with a hammer and send each piece back to Schaffer in separate envelopes marked "C.O.D." Laughing

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 24142
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:36 am

Good to hear. I am a big IE fan and even found the last 2 to be rather good,although I'm glad they're not going down the conceptual road again.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3282
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:53 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/157267

Quote :
Long-time vocalist Matt Barlow has retired from ICED EARTH.

In his heartfelt statement, Barlow cites his commitment to his family and the need for Iced Earth to tour more as the reasons for his retirement; however, he has committed to perform with Iced Earth on all 2011 European festival dates, which will be his last with the band.

Click the link for a long "goodbye" letter from Barlow to the fans.















Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24439
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Again!?! Is he still a cop or did he retire from that too?

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7606
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:04 pm

LoL... damn that sucks though. Their last album wasn't that great so I was hoping for some kind of a better come back. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens now.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   

Back to top Go down
 
Iced Earth!
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Downbeat vs Rodigan, NYC 2006 "The Most Decent Clash on Earth"
» Earth Ruler v LP Intl.: New York. 2003
» Killamanjaro v Earth Ruler: Sandy Bay. 1995
» Bass Odyssey v Earth Ruler: Tampa, Florida. 17th Feb 1996
» Bible Verse For The Day...2011

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: