Iced Earth!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 7618

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:42 am

I own all of IE's releases and I like all of them to a large degree but nothing topped the RIpper stuff for me. Too bad his tenure in the band was truncated.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22616

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:56 am

akeldama wrote:
I own all of IE's releases and I like all of them to a large degree but nothing topped the RIpper stuff for me. Too bad his tenure in the band was truncated.

agreed but that is his trait though.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker

Number of posts : 4971

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:27 am

Something Wicked is my fave followed by The Glorious Burden. Only album I won't listen to is The Crucible of Man, it's way too bloated and i'm really enjoying Incorruptible.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:02 pm

exact33 wrote:
akeldama wrote:

agreed but that is his trait though.

Too true. I wonder if he's just difficult to work with? Personally I think Barlow is a tad overrated.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 733

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:37 pm

akeldama wrote:
I somewhat agree, although I loved the stuff before him a lot more. Nothing tops Night of the Stormrider in their discography. However, I was really bummed when they kicked him to the curb, because he was so much better than Matt Barlow.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3572

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
akeldama wrote:
I somewhat agree, although I loved the stuff before him a lot more. Nothing tops Night of the Stormrider in their discography. However, I was really bummed when they kicked him to the curb, because he was so much better than Matt Barlow.

Stop drinking, you weirdo.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 24112

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
akeldama wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3572

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Wow, this is an old thread. A lot has happened since this was made.

Stu Block is a terrific front man and will soon be the longest standing Iced Earth lead vocalist.

EDIT: if you click on my signature you will find my ranking of all Iced Earth albums.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 733

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I think he adds a lot to them, where Barlow got stale IMO. Before Barlow left, they were starting to get pretty boring IMO, and it seemed like Ripper sparked a fire again. That's what I meant by him being better. Although I feel he is a better singer overall, I know Barlow gets the nod as the "voice" of Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22616

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I think he adds a lot to them, where Barlow got stale IMO. Before Barlow left, they were starting to get pretty boring IMO, and it seemed like Ripper sparked a fire again. That's what I meant by him being better. Although I feel he is a better singer overall, I know Barlow gets the nod as the "voice" of Iced Earth.

I like Block a lot now. I was not sure at first but he fits in very nicely.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy

Number of posts : 8301

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:19 pm

The new ones sounds great, and I'll get it. I am, however, partial to the "Ripper" Owens stuff, especially This Glorious Burden, which is their Opus to me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 11468

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:08 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The new ones sounds great, and I'll get it. I am, however, partial to the "Ripper" Owens stuff, especially This Glorious Burden, which is their Opus to me.

The Gettysburg trilogy is effin brilliant!

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4