HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone

Number of posts : 6402

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:43 am

ultmetal wrote:
Stender wrote:
I would like to have videos, but why not just make it like a 4 disc box set that includes everything? something like the crucifieds box that was released a little while ago.

Too expensive to produce for a small label like Roxx and a big gamble with a band that isn't anywhere near as known as The Crucified.

Ohhh...

Well in that case, I think I would like to have all the Mosketeers tunes and footage in 2 CDs and then pick up the rapture stuff later.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:51 am

The Rapture stuff is from 1985 through 1989. I have a total of four demos of Rapture.

I found out there are two different versions of Vacation from Hell floating around, which I never knew about. The 1988 demo is where the band was obviously crossing over from traditional heavy metal to thrash. The 1989 demo is pure speed metal/thrash.

Vacation from Hell (1988)
Locked in Chains 3:05
Take A Look 3:50
Crak This 3:39
Vacation from Hell 2:24
Worldly Rules 4:35
Bunky Joe 0:48
Ritual Cries 2:19
Livin' the Lie 4:04
The Ballad 0:08

Vacation from Hell (1989)
America 4:33
Suicide 3:46
Murder for a Prophet 3:55
Locked in Chains 3:15
Forgotten Faces 4:24
The Ballad 4:26 (note a completely different song from '88 The Ballad. Need to ask Paul about this)
Deception 5:29

Then there are two different self titled demos. These demos are more straight forward heavy metal and a few US Power Metal songs.

Rapture 1985
01 - Rapture - Death by the Sword 7:32
02 - Rapture - Make Your Move 5:43
03 - Rapture - Last Chance 3:47
04 - Rapture - As You Are 4:55
05 - Rapture - Garden of Gesthemane 8:45

Rapture 1987
Rapture - 01 Death by the Sword 7:51
Rapture - 02 Give Your Life 4:26
Rapture - 03 Last Chance 4:02
Rapture - 04 Fall of the Dragon 7:57
Rapture - 05 Make Your Move 6:01
Rapture - 06 Worthy Is The Lamb 4:10

Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23999

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:58 am

Pardon the ignorance, but can I assume that Rature was the band's name before they became the Moshketeers?

As for your other question Ult, I personally would prefer an all music release as opposed to a music disc and dvd. I hardly, if ever, watch those dvd bonus discs. And keep the Rapture stuff as a seperate release from the Moshketeers material.

My

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Pardon the ignorance, but can I assume that Rature was the band's name before they became the Moshketeers?

Yes, in 1989 they changed their name from Rapture to The Moshketeers.

MetalGuy71 wrote:
As for your other question Ult, I personally would prefer an all music release as opposed to a music disc and dvd. I hardly, if ever, watch those dvd bonus discs. And keep the Rapture stuff as a seperate release from the Moshketeers material.

So Disc 1: The Moshketeers material, Disc 2: The Rapture material?

To be honest, that's how I would prefer it too, but I know a lot of people really like those bonus DVDs.

Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:10 pm

Quote :
So Disc 1: The Moshketeers material, Disc 2: The Rapture material?

I guess, if the Rapture material is strong enough to warrant it's own disc. I know very little about this band other than a handful of things I've heard here, so it's all new to me. While I'm primarily interested in the Moshketeer material, if the Rapture music is up to snuff and not too much of a departure from their later music (which you say is not), why not? I guess it's all a matter of opionion, but I'd hate for the Rapture disc to be something that gets listened to once, then shelved because of crappy recordings or music that's too far removed from the thrash of the Moshketeers.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Well, the Rapture recordings are not pristine, that's for sure. They were 80's demo recordings and sound like it. I'm sure mastering could improve them, though nothing will make them stack up to today's standards. This was the days of recording directly to tape and bumping down tracks to make room for overdubs.

As for the material itself, I like both the old school metal sound and the speed metal/thrash stuff. The early Rapture stuff is a far departure from the thrash of The Moshketeers, thus the name change. However, the 1989 demo might as well have been a Moshketeers release. The 88 demo is definitely the crossover demo.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 pm

I would like to have 2 separate releases; 1 for Moshketeers and 1 for Rapture.

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:33 pm

I say just stick with the music. I like the band, but would probably watch the DVD once or twice. In the interest of Bill's marriage, I suggest just the one release.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 pm

kmorg wrote:

Yeah, same here. But then again, I wouldn't care much about the DVD if the footage isn't any good. And how many extra Moshketeers songs are we talking about anyway?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:51 pm

kmorg wrote:

I'm pretty much leaning in that direction too. But whatever format this takes, I'll just be happy to get my grubby mitts on the Moshketeers.

The lost Ramone

Number of posts : 6402

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Is there enough room on one disc for ALL of the Rapture stuff? Thats the only part I dont really dig about having the Rapture demos apart of the same set as moshketeers....I know stuff is going to be left out because I'm pretty sure all the demos will not fit on one disc. Know what I'm sayin?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Of the Moshketeers stuff, I am not yet sure how much material we have. I know for a fact I have the 4-song 1996 demo, The Downward Spiral album, and the self titled, 4-song demo from 1989. I'm meeting with Paul this weekend to see what else he has.

If we stuck to just the music, Disc 1 would be all the Moshketeers stuff. Disc 2 would probably be the Rapture stuff, but would be a limited edition, pre-order run, not unlike we did with Puppet of Destruction and Fatal Delay.

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Quote :
Disc 1 would be all the Moshketeers stuff. Disc 2 would probably be the Rapture stuff, but would be a limited edition, pre-order run, not unlike we did with Puppet of Destruction and Fatal Delay

This would get my vote. That way, the Rapture stuff will have added value as only 100 people would have it in that format.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:40 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Disc 1 would be all the Moshketeers stuff. Disc 2 would probably be the Rapture stuff, but would be a limited edition, pre-order run, not unlike we did with Puppet of Destruction and Fatal Delay

This would get my vote. That way, the Rapture stuff will have added value as only 100 people would have it in that format.

Can I change my vote to this format as well? At least until another option is presented.

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I'm pretty much leaning in that direction too.

I'd be with the guys on this.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 600

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:36 pm

I'd like to see 'em released separately for each band. I'd buy both.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:16 am

It would be cool to have what's recorded of the unreleased Moshketeers album as bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:21 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
It would be cool to have what's recorded of the unreleased Moshketeers album as bonus tracks.

That's the plan for sure.

Much Cooler than the other 72

Number of posts : 7896

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:22 am

However they decide to do it Im getting it for sure.But Im with most of the guys here on having two seperate releases.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:11 am

I'm just not sure the quality of the demo material will warrant it's own release. The 80's demo material is...well, 80's demo material. I doubt anyone will have a problem with the production of the Downward Spiral album. It's well recorded and sounds good even before remastering. However, even with mastering I think the demo material will be something only hardcore fans and collectors are going to enjoy. That's why I'd like to see it released as the second bonus disc.

Also, we are looking for someone to do the cover art, if anyone is interested or knows someone interested. We are looking for something very old school thrash looking, not unlike Into the Pit or the Ed Repka covers. Honestly, however, there is no money in this project. I'm putting it all together and not making a dime. So anyone interested would have to just want to do it for the recognition or for a few free copies.

ult

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:33 am

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4069

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:49 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I say just stick with the music. I like the band, but would probably watch the DVD once or twice.
ditto
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

Number of posts : 11805

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:49 am

I would buy their Downward Spiral album but i doubt i'd get the demo stuff as a seperate release. I think the demo stuff should just be bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

Number of posts : 11805

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:54 am

They remind me of that late 80's goodtime thrash... (State of Euphoria) era Anthrax.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
Also, we are looking for someone to do the cover art, if anyone is interested or knows someone interested. We are looking for something very old school thrash looking, not unlike Into the Pit or the Ed Repka covers. Honestly, however, there is no money in this project. I'm putting it all together and not making a dime. So anyone interested would have to just want to do it for the recognition or for a few free copies.

I know my idea was too modern looking. (below)

Bill had asked if I could make it more of a classic cover, but I honestly don't think I can. I'm excited to see what ideas people come up with!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   

Back to top Go down

The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next