HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

Number of posts : 11805

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:57 am

It would be cool if someone could draw the cover oldschool like Ed Repka since this is music from another time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
I'm just not sure the quality of the demo material will warrant it's own release. The 80's demo material is...well, 80's demo material. I doubt anyone will have a problem with the production of the Downward Spiral album. It's well recorded and sounds good even before remastering.

So why ruin a good sounding release by possibly placing inferior material on it as a bonus, if the Moshketeers is as good as you say then it should gain a seperate release.

there is over 100mins of material there for rapture and I think you'd ruin their legacy (ok, what legacy) but I'd be thinking either release all the material available or none of it, would I be correct to assume that this is probably the only time Rapture material will see the light of day ? well if so why only for example release 18 of the songs rather than 27 etc.....

ultmetal wrote:
Honestly, however, there is no money in this project. I'm putting it all together and not making a dime.

?? you are referring to just the Rapture material I assume ?

So as I said before, I'd personally rather see them get two seperate releases or failing that then the Mosketeers having a release of it's own and leave the Rapture material aside for the time being.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:56 am

What I meant by "I'm putting it all together" is that I've been compiling all the songs, getting all the information, will be putting together the booklet, am driving out to Santa Fe to meet with Paul and get information/data, etc. I'm basically putting the entire thing together for Roxx. However, will will have to pay someone to remaster the whole thing. I'd like to see Cliffy or Ysidro Garcia do it.

As for the inferior recordings, that's why I'd like to release all that stuff on the limited edition 2-CD version. All the bonus demo stuff would go on Disc 2, by itself, and only those who are hardcore fans or collectors will be interested in it. Disc 1 will only contain the album and a few unreleased bonus tracks that are good quality.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 pm

I'd like to see someone try and "re-draw" thge original Downward Spiral cover. It looked good as it were, but needs some brighter colors. That you can probably do yourself, Scott.

I also still feel strongly about having two separate releases. Knowing it is plenty of material to back such a notion, it would irk me as heck knowing there was still stuff out there that would never see the light of day.

Heck, if the Heaven's Force demos warranted a release of it's own, the Rapture stuff can't be much worse. I also hate having 2 bands on the same release, maked my head hurts when placing them on the alphabetized shelves. Very Happy

I'd buy both!

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:31 pm

kmorg wrote:

I also still feel strongly about having two separate releases. Knowing it is plenty of material to back such a notion, it would irk me as heck knowing there was still stuff out there that would never see the light of day.

Heck, if the Heaven's Force demos warranted a release of it's own, the Rapture stuff can't be much worse. I also hate having 2 bands on the same release, maked my head hurts when placing them on the alphabetized shelves.

I'd buy both!

I'm on for that K.

I think you guys are wanting the best of both worlds with the cheapest opitions, hence the 2 on 1 ideas.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:37 pm

Thanks for the input. I'll let you know what we work out.

Paul has the original painting from the original album. I may be able to beef it up, if everyone thinks the original cover is good enough.

ult

The lost Ramone

Number of posts : 6400

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Paul has the original painting from the original album. I may be able to beef it up, if everyone thinks the original cover is good enough.

ult

I think the original artwork is great. Just dont change it to a point where it looses its cool'ness like the Weapons of our warfare reissue art.

..And I'm with Kurt, I would buy both the Mosketeers and Rapture stuff if they were split.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:35 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'd like to see someone try and "re-draw" thge original Downward Spiral cover. It looked good as it were, but needs some brighter colors. That you can probably do yourself, Scott.

Heck, if the Heaven's Force demos warranted a release of it's own, the Rapture stuff can't be much worse. I also hate having 2 bands on the same release, maked my head hurts when placing them on the alphabetized shelves. Very Happy

I'd buy both!

Agreed. I'm used to listening to demos, so I don't give a whole lot about sound quality. Those Heaven's Force demos sounded pretty okay soundwise (although I didn't care a whole lot about the music, and the packaging was simply terrible).

Maybe you can get the guy that did the Nitefall demo compilation on Stormspell to remaster the Rapture demos? Those demos sound absolutely amazing, like they could've come off of a full length album.

Regarding a cover, I tried to make a rough sketch in paint, but I'm absolutely terrible at that kinda stuff, haha! My idea was to make it pretty simple: original logo on top, an angel with a trumpet or something in the center, and at the bottom "The Demos: 1985 - 1989". Nothing special, but I think it gets the job done.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:

ult

I'd like to see a pro drawn version of the same concept but if it's not in the budget then i guess a computer modification in the color is good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Rodney Matthews who did Seventh Angel's artwork would be perfect for the Downward Spiral concept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Rodney Matthews who did Seventh Angel's artwork would be perfect for the Downward Spiral concept.

Agreed. But that's a budget buster. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 pm

I think Dimitar Nikolov is one of the best artists in the business today, although I don't know if that would fit within the budget. Two examples:

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:55 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Agreed. But that's a budget buster. Smile

I knew it was wishful thinking...
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:45 pm

I didnt know Rodney Mathews still did album art. The Seventh angel stuff was awesome....even some of the shirt art that he did for Jeff nickoles old company living epistles was rad.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4191

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:34 am

This is one band I need to hear anyone have anything to send me? PM me!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:41 am

Stender wrote:
I didnt know Rodney Mathews still did album art. The Seventh angel stuff was awesome....even some of the shirt art that he did for Jeff nickoles old company living epistles was rad.

He's an artist so i'm sure he will continue to work for money or for something he is passionate about.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag

Number of posts : 9675

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:27 pm

wow ! never realized Rapture and The Moshketeers were/are the same band. Remember seeing Rapture open for Barren Cross.

Metal master

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:32 pm

First let me say thank you to everyone for your contributions and the constant dialogue here. I love it and prefer when the fans get involved to make these items really cool and truly what the fans want to see. Being a fan of all things metal myself it's just an honor to be doing this release and it never would have came to be if not for Scott! So thank you Scott!

After some discussions with the Roxx partners (cough, cough ultmetal and spectrefate) the best decision for the project based on the material we will have it looks like we will follow the same pattern as the Thresher disc.

Limited Edition preorders ONLY will to get the bonus disc with all the bonus Rapture material as a 2 disc version. After those are gone it will be truly a one disc version of all the Moshketeers stuff!

It would be cool I admit to have a completely separate release of both but honestly trying to push full releases of both can prove costly. If the success of the pre-release is that well, I am sure we could revisit a full formal release.

I think depending on what Scott comes up with we could posibly do a one disc tradiitonal true Moshketeers DVD at some point as well. But again a DVD would have to be based on how well the overal initial release goes.

As far as the art, I was hoping 'B' would come up with something but maybe we should have a formal contest? What do you think? The submissions will be judged by a 3 man jury and the winner will receive credit in the sleeve and a special Roxx prize package! Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 600

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:25 am

So it's not available for preorder just yet?
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:51 am

Whenever it is available I will preorder. This is a big deal for me having missed out on the whole scene completely. Ult. if you can please keep me posted so that I can get on board.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 am

I would like to preorder that when its available also dudes.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:00 am

Cool guys We will keep you posted! Hopefully in the next couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:50 pm

I still say you should keep the original art, and beef up the colors. Will this be CDR or professional silver disc?

I'll pre-order too.

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Quote :
Will this be CDR or professional silver disc?

Silver press, of course. Bill doesn't skimp on quality.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23989

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:14 pm

If anyone here is like me and wants to see a scanned copy of the original cassete cover, here you go...

Looks a little amature-ish in my opinion, especially if it's gonna go through a re-issue. The concept is cool and fits the title perfectly, but could probably use a little sprucing up. The band's logo and album title could use some enhancing too. Make it pop a little more so it doesn't just look like it was just slapped on there.

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   

Back to top Go down

The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next