HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4069

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
If anyone here is like me and wants to see a scanned copy of the original cassete cover, here you go...

Looks a little amature-ish in my opinion, especially if it's gonna go through a re-issue. The concept is cool and fits the title perfectly, but could probably use a little sprucing up. The band's logo and album title could use some enhancing too. Make it pop a little more so it doesn't just look like it was just slapped on there.
Agreed...proceed then with the restoration. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Yeah that original cover is what gave me my idea.

But I think a cleanup of the original (and ult's the man to do it) would be great.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:19 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

But I think a cleanup of the original (and ult's the man to do it) would be great.
um..is that a picture of you on your avatar? Looks like you got in a fight with a chimney sweeper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:21 pm

T-Roy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

um..is that a picture of you on your avatar? Looks like you got in a fight with a chimney sweeper.

Yes. That's me.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:23 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23999

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:28 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

That's got potential, though. Slap some Abaddon font on there and you're good to go. Right, Eyesore?

I wish I had the time and desire to submit a re-design, but I know I'd never get beyond a rough sketch on a napkin. I'll talk a good game, but rarely back up those opinions.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2055

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:02 pm

I don't think just beefing up the colors or cleaning up the colors would help this very much. Especially if the original is a rectangle and not a square. It would have to be squashed to fit it (or stretched).....either way it would have to be distorted to fit the square of a cd cover.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Don't take my posted picture for gospel. There might be better ones out there. That was just the 1st image that popped up when I did a google search. I don't know the source image. I wasn't familiar with the original cover so I went searching. A better, cleaner version could be out there somewhere.

Does this recording exist on vinyl? That could solve the rectangle vs square dilema. Where did you get that pic on your website Ult? Is that a scan?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2055

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 pm

I knew that wasn't the best image file, but it still won't look drastically different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:20 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Will this be CDR or professional silver disc?

Silver press, of course. Bill doesn't skimp on quality.

I think Kmorg is referring to the second disc ? both Ultimatum's & Thresher's bonus discs are not Silver pressed CDs, the main disc is but not the bonus disc, so I assume that Kmorg is asking if the Rapture bonus CD on the Downard Spiral release will be a silver pressed disc or a Pro printed CDr.

I could be wrong but I'll await his return (he's out fishing at the current time, gotta love the Icelandic fishing fleet and Captin Morgan at the helm)

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 am

Locky wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Will this be CDR or professional silver disc?

Silver press, of course. Bill doesn't skimp on quality.

I think Kmorg is referring to the second disc ? both Ultimatum's & Thresher's bonus discs are not Silver pressed CDs, the main disc is but not the bonus disc, so I assume that Kmorg is asking if the Rapture bonus CD on the Downard Spiral release will be a silver pressed disc or a Pro printed CDr.

I could be wrong but I'll await his return (he's out fishing at the current time, gotta love the Icelandic fishing fleet and Captin Morgan at the helm)

:lol Yeah, that is what I meant. I think the '...'til The End' EP was also CDR, bit that might be the promo version only?

Administrator

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 am

For runs of any CD under 500, I doubt you will find a silver CD. The Til the End EP and the bonus CD on Thresher, Ultimatum-Puppet of Destruction, etc. were pressed on the highest quality CDr that was available for a short run. I would assume that the bonus CD for the Moshketeers will be the same.

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:26 am

I did not know that, but it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:15 am

ultmetal wrote:
For runs of any CD under 500, I doubt you will find a silver CD. The Til the End EP and the bonus CD on Thresher, Ultimatum-Puppet of Destruction, etc. were pressed on the highest quality CDr that was available for a short run. I would assume that the bonus CD for the Moshketeers will be the same.

It is possible though. When the new Warning album was released in 2006, the first 250 copies (or was it 300? Don't remember exactly) came with a silver CD with the band's demos. I would definitely pay a couple of dollars more for a silver CD.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm going to try to work on artwork, I have a real old-school thrash idea.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22458

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I will order the one with the bonus material!

BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:39 am

Scott and I are finalizing the tracklisting and have a gifted artist on board that has a killer cover concept we will unveil very soon!

Pre order special will be strictly limited edition and is killer too!

We should have a full press release in the next couple of weeks!

This one is Sweeeeet ! Dude!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:13 pm

need help,bill,she asks? hint? lol! like you and i dont have a full plate allready? lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:23 am

So how much tracks in total are we talkin' 'bout?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:27 am

First time I heard a track of theirs has to be when Ultimatum did the song Locked In Chains on the Bombworks Records sampler. I picked up Dagon and My Silent Wake from that sampler. I paid attention to Dagon right away because they were named for an H.P. Lovecraft short story. I have about four of the bands on that sampler too -- the CD came with Ultimatum's label mate Grave Robber (my friend Skot Shaw is in the band Leper, I helped Grave Robber haul their gear in.)
The largest thing I learned of metal wise was that Jeff Swanson was going to sign Eric Wagner of Trouble in his new band Badfinger.
I have a few CDs that are on Darkstar Records (Deepest Symphony, SLAVEDRIVER, Bloodstream Parade and Grigori 3. I've known Grigori 3 the longest of the set but I've became friends with Deepest Symphony after listening to their CD -- they got to know my publisher at Naked Snake Press and a few other publishers too. SLAVEDRIVER was Jeff's old band, they're a cross between hardcore metal, Gothic Metal, and black metal. It was the first time I got to see October Guitars too at the same event.)
Grigori 3, SLAVEDRIVER, Deepest Symphony, and myself did the first GOTHICFEST in Villa Park, Illinois. Grigori 3 was signed about four months after the event and they recently signed Disonic. Scott, get Grigori 3's album EXILE -- listen to SHADOWS because that's their Industrial Metal thrasher. Think Fear Factory meets Nightwish.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 pm

What say ye?

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
http://www.firestreamvault.com/main/rateimages/1476_03_17_2010_11_11_41_mosh_spiralcover.jpg" border="0" alt="" />

What say ye?

I say I can't see it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:17 pm

That's cool as crap! Who did it??
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:27 pm

I like it. Colorful and to the point. And I'm feeling extra critical today (see the recent Forbidden thread). Can't wait to actually hear the feckin' thing.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
That's cool as crap! Who did it??

Yes! It's great. I really like what he came up with.

Artwork by DeathIsGain
http://www.deathisgain.com/

headbanger

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)   

Back to top Go down

The Moshketeers - The Downward Spiral (Teaser Thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next