25 Years of Deliverance...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:29 pm

In 1985, bands like Stryper and Barren Cross were just starting to make their marks on the Christian Metal scene. In the Thrash world bands like Metallica, Slayer and Testament were in their infancy and just about to take the metal world by storm. It was 1985 that also saw the beginnings of an act that would come along and successfully meld these 2 genres together and ultimately leave an everlasting impact on both of these Metal communities, that band was Deliverance!!! Fronted by the very outspoken and charismatic Jimmy P. Brown he would take this band and the Christian Thrash scene to a whole new level.

Fast forward to 2010, and we are very proud to be celebrating 25 years of that successful outfit known as Deliverance. Still recording and playing shows to any place that will host them! If you ask any Christian Metal fan out there to name the most influential Christian Thrash band of old and still in the scene to this day, undoubtedly Deliverance will top the list!

In celebration of 25 years of Deliverance, Deliverance fans have several things to look forward to this year…

Up first a BRAND NEW studio album through Retroactive Records! You heard that right 2010 will see a brand new release from the Christian thrash masters entitled “The Annals of Subterfuge”! (Full press release forthcoming from Retroactive Records)

Also Roxx Records in conjunction with the Christian Metal Realm (CMR) are set to release “Temporary Insanity – A Salute to Deliverance” a 2 CD set all star tribute to Deliverance! Which is set to feature many special guests artists and contributions from current and past members of the Crucified, Deliverance, Vengeance Rising, Dark Angel, Darkness Falls and many many more, all coming out to pay tribute to ‘25 Years of Deliverance’! Which will also include a brand new recording from Deliverance!!! The 25th Anniversary Edition of ‘Flesh and Blood’ completely redone and re-recorded! (Full press release forthcoming from Roxx Records/CMR)

Not enough for you!!!! Plans are also in the works to bring Deliverance to you live this year in celebration of 25 years of Deliverance!!!!!! Shows in California and Pennsylvania are currently in the works and we are currently entertaining a few other fly in dates for the band as well as some festival appearances! Interested in bringing Deliverance to your area? Please contact bill@roxxproductions.com with any and all possibilities!

It’s gonna be a great year for the ‘D’ fan as we get ready to celebrate ‘25 years of Deliverance!’
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:32 pm

I love early Deliverance.

But their last album was horrible. Just horrible. I hope this new one is much better than that one was.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4069

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

But their last album was horrible. Just horrible. I hope this new one is much better than that one was.
I loved the new one!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:41 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

I loved the new one!

I guess a lot of people did. It never clicked with me though, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag

Number of posts : 9675

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:48 pm

I hope that the Calif. show has Brian and Glenn as part of te band. It was kewl seeing Brian and Jimmy at CaliStone a few summer ago, as well as seeing Glenn in Modesto last August.

I still have great and fond memories regarding Deliverance and this lil club down by Lost City.

Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31134

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Love those first four "D" albums. (Four and a half if you count the INTENSE LIVE SERIES EP)... but what little I've heard from the last Deliverance (the last several Deliverances, for that matter) did nuthin' for me. (ASSIMILATION had its moments, I guess, but RIVER DISTURBANCE, CAMELOT IN SMITHEREENS, etc.... ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....)

But as always, hope springs eternal that they'll surprise me this time and (*ahem*) deliver something cool on the new album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22458

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

i like all the stuff up until Assimilation. They lost me after that.

MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:04 am

Me loves me some Delivernace.....That includes ALL of thier albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chazbond
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4027

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:47 am

Im not a fan of Re-recording stuff, I dont know if that was the big secret or not but I was hoping to be blown away
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4069

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Love those first four "D" albums. (Four and a half if you count the INTENSE LIVE SERIES EP)... but what little I've heard from the last Deliverance (the last several Deliverances, for that matter) did nuthin' for me. (ASSIMILATION had its moments, I guess, but RIVER DISTURBANCE, CAMELOT IN SMITHEREENS, etc.... ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....)

But as always, hope springs eternal that they'll surprise me this time and (*ahem*) deliver something cool on the new album.
Um...keep your "hope spring" to yourself pal.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:56 am

T-Roy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Um...keep your "hope spring" to yourself pal.

I'm not really interested in the tribute album I'm afraid, but a new studio album could be cool.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict

Number of posts : 15865

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 pm

I, on the other hand, love them so that will be cool to hear other's takes on their songs. I thought the last one was a good return to form so I will be getting the new one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4027

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Ive heard some stuff from it and I am looking for to it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:09 am

MetalChaz wrote:
Me loves me some Delivernace.....That includes ALL of thier albums.

I second that.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22458

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Addy wrote:
Im not a fan of Re-recording stuff, I dont know if that was the big secret or not but I was hoping to be blown away

I hope its not that.

MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I, on the other hand, love them so that will be cool to hear other's takes on their songs. I thought the last one was a good return to form so I will be getting the new one.

ROFL

The last album sounded good, but the songwriting just wasn't quite there for me. Very few tracks really stuck with me, but it sounds good while it's playing. Hopefully the next one will have better songs on it and retain the quality that all good "D" albums have had, which is monster riffs. Great soloing will be a plus (which Mike will likely bring to the table), but Jimmy's killer vocals and some monster riffs w/ good melody, and memorable songwriting is what will make the next "D" album awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Mike? I thought Glenn Rogers would be playing on the new Deliverance?
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Oh, maybe it is Glen - I thought maybe Mike Phillips would be playing on there...well, either way, I would expect good solos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:07 am

Gotta love some Deliverance -great songwriting, great lyrics... great band!

Looking forward to the tribute as well Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 25 Years of Deliverance...   

Back to top Go down

25 Years of Deliverance...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1