HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 EUROPE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2206
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:21 am

OOTW 10/10
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:35 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
OOTW 10/10


Yeah, "Out of this World" and "The Final Countdown" are both great!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6841
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Wings of Tomorrow is, was, and always will be my fave Europe. I have yet to read a good review of the new album though.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:52 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Wings of Tomorrow is, was, and always will be my fave Europe. I have yet to read a good review of the new album though.


Yeah, 7th is the only person I know of who likes the new Europe.

I honestly almost couldn't get through it in one setting (I was in my truck, so I was basically stuck with it). Some of the songs are okay. Like the first half isn't too bad. But towards the middle to the end, it's all this weird blues filler.

Left me with a pretty bad taste to be honest.

Kinda like when you go to a restaurant, and your appetizer is pretty good. But then your meal gets there and the steak has a funny taste, the potatoes are burnt and the veggie is wilted.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2000
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:25 pm

i like last one. LLatE. good fresh with new vibes. much beter than SFtD or last one from 2006.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19442
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:49 am



Europe guitarist John Norum releases a solo album on May 27 through Mascot.It’s titled Play Yard Blues, with the following track listing:
1. Let It Shine
2. Red Light Green High
3. It’s Only Money
4. Got My Eyes On You
5. When Darkness Falls
6. Over And Done
7. Ditch Queen
8. Travel In The Dark
9. Born Again
10. Play Yard Blues
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2206
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:29 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
i like last one. LLatE. good fresh with new vibes. much beter than SFtD or last one from 2006.
Completely agreed!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2206
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Wings of Tomorrow is, was, and always will be my fave Europe. I have yet to read a good review of the new album though.


Yeah, 7th is the only person I know of who likes the new Europe.

I honestly almost couldn't get through it in one setting (I was in my truck, so I was basically stuck with it). Some of the songs are okay. Like the first half isn't too bad. But towards the middle to the end, it's all this weird blues filler.

Left me with a pretty bad taste to be honest.

Kinda like when you go to a restaurant, and your appetizer is pretty good. But then your meal gets there and the steak has a funny taste, the potatoes are burnt and the veggie is wilted.
The title track is awesome!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2206
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
OOTW 10/10


Yeah, "Out of this World" and "The Final Countdown" are both great!
TFC was a 3-hit wonder, IMO. Overrated. 6/10
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 913
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:49 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
OOTW 10/10


Yeah, "Out of this World" and "The Final Countdown" are both great!
TFC was a 3-hit wonder, IMO. Overrated. 6/10

Care to name the 3? The first 6 tracks are great in my opinion and On the Loose is also good. The title track is overrated and overplayed but I think your assessment is a bit harsh.

As for the new album, Gonna Get Ready is also a great track.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Yeah, "The Final Countdown" is a pop metal masterpiece!!!

I'll have to listen to "Last Look at Eden" again. I barely could even get through it the first time though.

But you never know. Sometimes there is a surprise on the second or third spin.
Back to top Go down
Lionheart™
Metal novice
Metal novice


Number of posts : 61
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Last Look At Eden is great through the first 6 songs and then it tails off dramatically after that with a bunch of filler. I'd say it's still worth the price of admission though.

I don't think they could ever top "Out Of This World". That is an AOR/Hard Rock masterpiece.

I'm not too high on The Final Countdown, although it does have some good songs.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2206
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:44 am

snooloui wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
OOTW 10/10


Yeah, "Out of this World" and "The Final Countdown" are both great!
TFC was a 3-hit wonder, IMO. Overrated. 6/10

Care to name the 3? The first 6 tracks are great in my opinion and On the Loose is also good. The title track is overrated and overplayed but I think your assessment is a bit harsh.

As for the new album, Gonna Get Ready is also a great track.
TFC, Cherokee, and Carrie. The rest of the album blows, IMO.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2206
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:45 am

Lionheart™ wrote:
Last Look At Eden is great through the first 6 songs and then it tails off dramatically after that with a bunch of filler. I'd say it's still worth the price of admission though.

I don't think they could ever top "Out Of This World". That is an AOR/Hard Rock masterpiece.

I'm not too high on The Final Countdown, although it does have some good songs.
Agreed 110%! Europe twinzos! Welcome back to HOM!
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 913
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:50 am

7thSaviour wrote:
snooloui wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
OOTW 10/10


Yeah, "Out of this World" and "The Final Countdown" are both great!
TFC was a 3-hit wonder, IMO. Overrated. 6/10

Care to name the 3? The first 6 tracks are great in my opinion and On the Loose is also good. The title track is overrated and overplayed but I think your assessment is a bit harsh.

As for the new album, Gonna Get Ready is also a great track.
TFC, Cherokee, and Carrie. The rest of the album blows, IMO.

Of course, I disagree. But the songs you did name are probably the best ones. Ninja, Danger On the Track and On the Loose aren't bad either, but then I do like pretty much every song on the album
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19442
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:28 am

I am a causal fan of Europe but come on!!!!! 'Ninja' even Joey Tempest's mom thinks that song sucks!!!
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 913
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 am



I like it
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:54 pm

snooloui wrote:


I like it


Me too!!!


Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Wed May 26, 2010 7:45 pm

So, is the general feeling that Wings of Tomorrow is a decent Europe album? I was in FYE tonight and saw a used copy for $5. I'm thinking of going back to pick it up.

I like their s/t debut, but own nothing else. I had a greatest hits at one time, but ditched it.

Thoughts?

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Wed May 26, 2010 9:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So, is the general feeling that Wings of Tomorrow is a decent Europe album? I was in FYE tonight and saw a used copy for $5. I'm thinking of going back to pick it up.

I like their s/t debut, but own nothing else. I had a greatest hits at one time, but ditched it.

Thoughts?

Definitely, YES..... If you like the first one you will like "Wings Of Tomorrow"; It's guitar heavy and proggy.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13864
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:48 am

I'm watcinh a televised Europe concert right now. I fotgot how great this band really is!! The newer stuff sounds amazing too! With John Norum in the band, thye are indestructasble!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:03 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'm watcinh a televised Europe concert right now. I fotgot how great this band really is!! The newer stuff sounds amazing too! With John Norum in the band, thye are indestructasble!

I've seen Europe shows from the festivals on TV here and I keep wondering why I never gave them a chance.... one more band to start collecting after I finish my BoC mission!!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13864
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:21 pm

Damn, I type like a drunk man talk! lol!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 pm

Exclusive footage from Europe's summer tour!







Just kidding, sorry, but it begged to be posted. lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22387
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:19 pm

I like The Final Countdown but the song itself is tremendously overplayed...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: EUROPE   

Back to top Go down
 
EUROPE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» SCANDAL TOUR 2016 "YELLOW" IN EUROPE
» SCANDAL TOUR 2016?YELLOW?
» SCANDAL TOUR 2016?YELLOW?LIVE IN EUROPE
» September = Europe tour - 2016-09-01 (RINA)
» Scandal Europe Tour - London!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: