HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Would you buy this?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat May 08, 2010 9:28 pm

TEMPER TRAP



TEMPER TRAP



TEMPER TRAP



TEMPER TRAP

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat May 08, 2010 9:42 pm

Wow Temper Trap RULES!!!

Now that's the kind of alternative rock I like. Same with Weezer.

I don't do this very often, but I just placed that Temper Trap album at number 1 on my list! I think I'll grab it tomorrow!

Between Weezer and this, I'm about to go on a huge alternative rock kick.

Might even last the summer.


But I'm sure the Iron Maiden show in June will get me back in the metal line again.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sun May 09, 2010 5:17 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Wow Temper Trap RULES!!!

Now that's the kind of alternative rock I like. Same with Weezer.

I don't do this very often, but I just placed that Temper Trap album at number 1 on my list! I think I'll grab it tomorrow!

Between Weezer and this, I'm about to go on a huge alternative rock kick.

Might even last the summer.


But I'm sure the Iron Maiden show in June will get me back in the metal line again.

Awesome that you liked this band. I was not immediately impressed but it is a good listen. The song Resurrection blows my mind though. Getting a chance to listen to new bands and seeing how their is so much potential out there to be explored is a great feeling.

Would I buy Temper Trap? Maybe on the right day..
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sun May 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Nah, I like very little alternative and this isn't it. Stupid name also.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Mon May 10, 2010 2:01 am

I just placed an order from Half.com and got the new Temper Trap!!!



Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4113
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Mon May 10, 2010 7:49 am

Ooooooo I like this Temper Trap Ressurection Im gonna have to get this CD I havent been checking much out on this thread just cant keep up but I likes this!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Mon May 10, 2010 11:31 am

COATTAIL RIDERS



COATTAIL RIDERS



COATTAIL RIDERS

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24439
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Mon May 10, 2010 11:37 am

Did this actually get released? I recall reading about it awhile ago, but didin't know anything became of it.

Would I buy it? Maybe. I'm a Foo fan and this isn't too far off from that. The band name is clever, so that's a point in their favor.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Mon May 10, 2010 12:50 pm

In the right mood I could listen to that so if I came across it cheap i'd pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4113
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Mon May 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Im somewhat familiar with Taylor Hawkins and The Coattail riders, I think they did release 1 album cuz Ive been reading about a 2nd release. Taylor can sing IMO
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24439
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 11:19 am

Addy wrote:
Im somewhat familiar with Taylor Hawkins and The Coattail riders, I think they did release 1 album cuz Ive been reading about a 2nd release. Taylor can sing IMO

I've heard him doing lead vocals on a few Foo b-sides here and there and he sounds just fine. Nothing spectacular, but he can certainly carry a tune. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

EDIT: There has been 2 Coattail Riders releases, the s/t debut (2006) and this one released this past April...



Both can be found pretty cheap on Amazon.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 12:09 pm

CKY (CARVER CITY)



CKY (CARVER CITY)



CKY (CARVER CITY)



CKY (CARVER CITY)

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27283
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Another one I have.

Stands for Camp Kill Yourself BTW.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24439
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 12:20 pm

I saw CKY live a few years ago, opening for the Axl-only version of Guns n' Roses, and I wasn't impressed. Not horrible, but nothing that made me take notice. Isn't Bam Margera from Jackass linked to these guys somehow? I seem to remember him pushing these guys fairly hard in the press.

The only thing memorable from that evening was the fact that Axl plled a no-show and the concert ended in a riot.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 12:21 pm

This new one is different then what i've heard in the past. Less skater rock. I might actually look into this.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 12:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Another one I have.

Stands for Camp Kill Yourself BTW.

Yes... I always thought this band had huge potential as they had a different sound going then most modern rock/alternative metal bands. I just spun this album and man there is really some killer tunes on Carver City. The instrumentals that must have been released on a special disc or pretty awesome as well. Album art is pretty sick as well..

Would I buy this? I sure would...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27283
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 2:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I saw CKY live a few years ago, opening for the Axl-only version of Guns n' Roses, and I wasn't impressed. Not horrible, but nothing that made me take notice. Isn't Bam Margera from Jackass linked to these guys somehow? I seem to remember him pushing these guys fairly hard in the press.

The only thing memorable from that evening was the fact that Axl plled a no-show and the concert ended in a riot.

The drummer is Jess Margera. Brother I guess?

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24439
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 2:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I saw CKY live a few years ago, opening for the Axl-only version of Guns n' Roses, and I wasn't impressed. Not horrible, but nothing that made me take notice. Isn't Bam Margera from Jackass linked to these guys somehow? I seem to remember him pushing these guys fairly hard in the press.

The only thing memorable from that evening was the fact that Axl plled a no-show and the concert ended in a riot.

The drummer is Jess Margera. Brother I guess?

That's probably it.

I went back and listened to those clips. They sounded pretty decent. Better than what I remember from when I saw them. They've grown or matured some since then. Still don't think I'd buy it though. Not my thing.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4113
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 5:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:
Im somewhat familiar with Taylor Hawkins and The Coattail riders, I think they did release 1 album cuz Ive been reading about a 2nd release. Taylor can sing IMO

I've heard him doing lead vocals on a few Foo b-sides here and there and he sounds just fine. Nothing spectacular, but he can certainly carry a tune. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

EDIT: There has been 2 Coattail Riders releases, the s/t debut (2006) and this one released this past April...



Both can be found pretty cheap on Amazon.

I should have edited that post cuz I looked it up after and was like Oh they already released album # 2 , I was surprised on his vox on that Foo song off of In Your Honor "Cold Day In The Sun" Ive heard a clip or two from this project and like it, I think its safe to say the beloved Foos are on hiatus but thats cool as long as they do come back
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 9:32 pm

CONCERTO MOON



CONCERTO MOON



CONCERTO MOON



ALL OF THESE SONGS ARE OFF THE ALBUM "RAINFOREST"
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue May 11, 2010 11:00 pm

CONCERTO - I've heard of these guys. They're from Japan, correct? Sounds like the Joe Lynn Turner Malmsteen album.... Odyssey... oh... wait.... and Deep Purple. I Like..... I shouldn't have ignored these guys.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Wed May 12, 2010 11:39 am

Chewie nailed what they sound like. Serious Malmsteen worship going on but they do a great job. I could see me buying this.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Thu May 13, 2010 11:43 pm

CREMATORY



CREMATORY



CREMATORY

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Fri May 14, 2010 3:47 am

Crematory is awesome. I'd buy it!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Fri May 14, 2010 4:13 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Crematory is awesome. I'd buy it!

Most ppl probably know this band and they are one of my favorite bands of all time. Heavy with so much atmosphere and melody. They are just different to me. I love these guys and well i already have it... headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   

Back to top Go down
 
Would you buy this?
Back to top 
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: