HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Would you buy this?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4113
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:26 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Still nothing good...


BS


No Troublezone hit the nail on the head
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:54 am






CRAZY LIXX....
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:57 am

Addy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Still nothing good...


BS


No Troublezone hit the nail on the head



Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4113
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:17 am

so far.... 0 for 4

I liked the beginning of the 2nd song but as soon as the singer opened his mouth I was completely turned off to this band
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:21 am

Addy wrote:
so far.... 0 for 4

I liked the beginning of the 2nd song but as soon as the singer opened his mouth I was completely turned off to this band

I love me some Crazy Lixx. I agree about the singer but sometimes he reminds me of a mix between Sebastian Bach and Paul Stanley. Hell on High Water has an amazing chorus....
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4113
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:23 am

I thought it had an amazing intro but for me normally a singer makes or breaks the overall feel of the song for me
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:26 am

Addy wrote:
I thought it had an amazing intro but for me normally a singer makes or breaks the overall feel of the song for me

I agree on the singer part. With me if you dont fit well then you ruin it. I dont think he is that bad and the hooks easily make up for his vocals.

I guess this is the reason I cant stand much extreme metal...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27283
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:07 am

I have both Crazy Lixx albums and when they sound like Pyro-era Def Leppard, I like them. But they also tend to sound like Bon Jovi who I need to add to my "band bashing" list; I hate them.

The Bon Jovi sound keeps me from really enjoying this band.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4113
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:16 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Addy wrote:
I thought it had an amazing intro but for me normally a singer makes or breaks the overall feel of the song for me

I agree on the singer part. With me if you dont fit well then you ruin it. I dont think he is that bad and the hooks easily make up for his vocals.

I guess this is the reason I cant stand much extreme metal...

Im the same way but I think it also explains why I like alot of Non Metal stuff too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:08 pm

I like those Crazy Lixx songs but it's been done too many times.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:16 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I like those Crazy Lixx songs but it's been done too many times.


I agree. They are okay. They just don't stand out. And so because of that - I'll have to spend my money on something that does stand out.

Pass


You're 1 for 4 now Rob!

That Place Vendome was FANfreekingTASTIC!!! 10/10
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:02 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I like those Crazy Lixx songs but it's been done too many times.

I'd have to agree with this.


Metallic Blaze wrote:
That Place Vendome was FANfreekingTASTIC!!! 10/10
DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!


CRAZY LIXX....

Inetresting... A Skid Row vibe from the second clip. I might buy this but I already have Wig Wam to fill this gap.... but I might...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27283
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:06 pm

chewie wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
I like those Crazy Lixx songs but it's been done too many times.

I'd have to agree with this.


Metallic Blaze wrote:
That Place Vendome was FANfreekingTASTIC!!! 10/10
DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!


CRAZY LIXX....

Inetresting... A Skid Row vibe from the second clip. I might buy this but I already have Wig Wam to fill this gap.... but I might...

The new Wig Wam is light year's better than Crazy Lixx' "New Religion" IMO.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
avatar

Number of posts : 4958
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Those CL tunes are okay.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Some mixed feeling about Crazy Lixx interesting. Another band in the vain of some pure raw rock n roll with a little more energy...



Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:46 am

Okay, now you're talking again!

You do have some good taste (some of the time) dude!





Crash Diet is one of the better glam metal bands going right now.

The Last Vegas is the best though. I hope you are into them.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:50 am




Check these guys out Rob!!!
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 913
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:21 am

Crashdiet sound great!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:24 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Okay, now you're talking again!

You do have some good taste (some of the time) dude!





Crash Diet is one of the better glam metal bands going right now.

The Last Vegas is the best though. I hope you are into them.

I never heard of CrashDiet until yesterday thats why I posted it here. Im trying to go for bands that people might know and I have never heard discussed on this forum.

They are pretty tight though...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Never heard CrashDiet before, good schtuff Maynard.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27283
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:50 pm

I have all Crashdiet.

Most glam/sleaze afficionados seem to rank them pretty high. I find them decent but in my glam/sleaze pantheon they are way behind bands like Hardcore Superstar, Babylon Bombs, Gemini Five and Backyard Babies.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2682
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I have all Crashdiet.

Most glam/sleaze afficionados seem to rank them pretty high. I find them decent but in my glam/sleaze pantheon they are way behind bands like Hardcore Superstar, Babylon Bombs, Gemini Five and Backyard Babies.


Save for the BB's late 90's releases, Crashdiet's debut Rest In Sleaze is the only worthwhile record in this style from Sweden in the past decade..........all the others have been trying to keep up with it ever since.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
avatar

Number of posts : 6497
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:47 pm

I still say The Last Vegas is the best band going in this style currently.

It's cool they are from the USA too!!!


Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 am



IMAGIKA

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Good stuff, sort of a heavier Mystic Prophecy in the sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Would you buy this?   

Back to top Go down
 
Would you buy this?
Back to top 
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: