HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Spaghetti Incident or Chinese Democracy
Spaghetti Incident
63%
 63% [ 12 ]
Chinese Democracy
37%
 37% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19
 

AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 786
Age : 31

PostSubject: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 8:37 am

Haven't listened to Spaghetti Incident yet by Guns N Roses but I have heard rumours by a lot of people that it's a complete turkey. With Chinese democracy I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be ok it's more of an Axl Rose record than a gunners record and I reckon the album would be more popular if it was a Axl Rose solo album. Anyway I reckon there are alot of formulas missing with the album and before it was released like it would of sounded better with Slash I had already downloaded the album with songs that didn't make it to the album and I reckon most of the good songs were the ones that didn't make it on the actual album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 8:57 am

Spaghetti Incident. While it's covers, at least it sounds like GnR. Chinese Democracy is a GnR album in name only. It doesn't have the vibe, charisma, chemistry that the band use to have. It should have been released as a Axl solo album and not as a GnR album IMO. It's not a bad album, but it's not a good GnR album.

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2206
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 9:30 am

CD 8/10
SI 5/10
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24035
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 9:48 am

They're both ok albums.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4034
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 10:07 am

I like both albums while I do agree with Ult bout Speghetti I disagree bout Chinese Democracy, there are songs that are reminiscent of GNR, There was a Time IMO is very reminiscent of Estranged from the UYI 2 album

I like them both
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 10:22 am

You needed to add an option for neither - I am not a GnR fan!
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 109
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 10:40 am

I'd go for Chinese Democracy just because the songs are Axl compositions and no covers.. I always prefer own music instead of covers.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4831
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 10:47 am

Doomdance wrote:
I'd go for Chinese Democracy just because the songs are Axl compositions and no covers.. I always prefer own music instead of covers.

This...

I love the song Better as welll....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3282
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 11:18 am

Spaghetti Incident is pretty lame, IMO. Democracy is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3451
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 11:27 am

neither
Back to top Go down
http://avengerofblood.net
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3282
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 11:32 am

Doomdance wrote:
I'd go for Chinese Democracy just because the songs are Axl compositions and no covers.. I always prefer own music instead of covers.

This guy has an awesome avatar. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 12:35 pm

I like SI way better because it was still actually GnR and had that classic sound.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
avatar

Number of posts : 9151
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Lurideath wrote:
neither
x2

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Lionheart™
Metal novice
Metal novice


Number of posts : 61
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 3:07 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
You needed to add an option for neither - I am not a GnR fan!

I was going to say the same thing. Couldn't vote on this one.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
avatar

Number of posts : 4958
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 5:19 pm

SI just because the cover of "Hair Of The Dog" is pretty good.

GnR still sucks.


Last edited by Schbopo on Mon May 10, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed for great justice)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24035
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Schbopo wrote:
SI just because the cover of "Sympathy For The Devil" is pretty good.

GnR still sucks.

That song wasn't on The Spagehetti Incident, dingus. Whatever bit-torrent you downloaded it from has the wrong tracklisting.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
avatar

Number of posts : 4958
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 5:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:


That song wasn't on The Spagehetti Incident, dingus. Whatever bit-torrent you downloaded it from has the wrong tracklisting.

Fixing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24035
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 5:27 pm

That's better.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19530
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 5:51 pm

I liked them both and I was actually and still a fan of the Chinese Democracy album, no album is worth of 15 year wait but I find the album to be an interesting listen.

I also love 'Spaghetti Incident' maybe because I am a huge fan of alot bands that where covered on this disc such as U.K. Subs, T. Rex, the Dead Boys etc.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4034
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Mon May 10, 2010 6:02 pm

manny wrote:
I liked them both and I was actually and still a fan of the Chinese Democracy album, no album is worth of 15 year wait but I find the album to be an interesting listen.

I also love 'Spaghetti Incident' maybe because I am a huge fan of alot bands that where covered on this disc such as U.K. Subs, T. Rex, the Dead Boys etc.

What Manny Said!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6874
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Tue May 11, 2010 1:13 pm

I don't own either so I can't vote; but it can't be a good sign that the local Newbury Comics stores are selling Chinese Democracy brand new for $4!
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 418
Age : 51

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Tue May 11, 2010 3:12 pm

This is comparing Apples & Oranges but you have to take Chinese Democracy here just for the creation was not ready to record like The Spaghetti Incident. I mean CD was all new original material verses TSI was nothing but re-recordings of other people's songs. Not much art there IMO.

If Kiss put the "X" in Sex, then with TSI, GN'R put the "Art" in Fart.

As for Axl making it a solo album instead of GN'R, it really doesn't matter here, because whatever you call CD, it's still new original material, good or bad, that's a matter of opinion. We all know it's really not GN'R, the fans like to call it "New GN'R"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Tue May 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
TSI was nothing but re-recordings of other people's songs. Not much art there IMO.

Yeah, ok. So obviously you have no clue how difficult it is to take a song and reshape it and try to make it your own. That's like saying a painting of a bowl of fruit isn't art because you have the original bowl of fruit to look at or because there are already paintings of bowls of fruit.

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4201
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Tue May 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Well, you *can* eat the original fruit...you can only have scratch 'n sniff with a painting.....An average bowl of fruit contains almost 2 days' worth of servings good for the growing body.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4201
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   Tue May 11, 2010 5:25 pm

And before you go thinking you can just get your 5 servings a day from store-bought juice, consider this - most of that juice is loaded with extra sugars, preservatives, and has probably been sitting around for months! Fresh squeezed juice or fresh fruit is the only way to go. Recent research shows that only 1 out of 7 people now meet their 5 a day quota, yet these dietary portions are preventative against heart disease and even different types of cancer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident   

Back to top Go down
 
Chinese Democracy or Spaghetti Incident
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Change in public outlook on Chinese Democracy's success?
» Megadeth Frontman Issues Open Letter To Metallica
» What does "Cho!" means in TT
» Heartbreak Hotel

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Fun and Games-
Jump to: