HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Craigslist Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1223
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:37 pm

exact33 wrote:
I only had to run from one house fearing for me life

heh, when I was like 16 or 18, I went to a really bad part of the city to look at a bass guitar advertised in a newspaper (or a buyer's guide that you bought for a buck at Mac's Milk convenience stores),
but the nut, where the strings go through to the top fret was replaced with a piece of flat steel and made a hideous sound when you played an open string.

...I started feeling pressured when he showed another guitar, and asking how much money I brought..
said I was just looking that day...I maybe had my money hidden in my socks, inside my shoes back then.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31225
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Woo! Got another e-mail from an interested party about the beer cans. I just replied to his message, we'll see if he's legit or just another B.S. artist....

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31225
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Wow! This one actually called me on the phone to set up a time to come see the collection this weekend! Looks like it's for real!

**EDIT** It's a done deal. This guy is coming out to pick up the can collection on Sunday morning. Cool, this Craigslist thing actually works! headbanger

He didn't sound like a psycho over the phone, and he had no problem with meeting at a public place (McDonald's parking lot) to make the deal, so I guess he's not a serial killer. Very Happy

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22500
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wow! This one actually called me on the phone to set up a time to come see the collection this weekend! Looks like it's for real!

**EDIT** It's a done deal. This guy is coming out to pick up the can collection on Sunday morning. Cool, this Craigslist thing actually works! headbanger

He didn't sound like a psycho over the phone, and he had no problem with meeting at a public place (McDonald's parking lot) to make the deal, so I guess he's not a serial killer. Very Happy

He might be a yellow killer clown Smile

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31225
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Wow! This one actually called me on the phone to set up a time to come see the collection this weekend! Looks like it's for real!

**EDIT** It's a done deal. This guy is coming out to pick up the can collection on Sunday morning. Cool, this Craigslist thing actually works! headbanger

He didn't sound like a psycho over the phone, and he had no problem with meeting at a public place (McDonald's parking lot) to make the deal, so I guess he's not a serial killer. Very Happy

He might be a yellow killer clown Smile

Oh, stop. You're just jeaous cuz we didn't agree to meet at a Burger King. Very Happy

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22500
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Wow! This one actually called me on the phone to set up a time to come see the collection this weekend! Looks like it's for real!

**EDIT** It's a done deal. This guy is coming out to pick up the can collection on Sunday morning. Cool, this Craigslist thing actually works! headbanger

He didn't sound like a psycho over the phone, and he had no problem with meeting at a public place (McDonald's parking lot) to make the deal, so I guess he's not a serial killer. Very Happy

He might be a yellow killer clown Smile

Oh, stop. You're just jeaous cuz we didn't agree to meet at a Burger King. Very Happy

Laughing very hard

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31225
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:32 am

Well, Craigslist really works... the beer can collection has a new owner and I'm $100 richer. Woot.

The guy who came to pick'em up explained that he works for a construction/design firm and right now they're working on a bar that wants old cans covering an entire wall, so he needs 3000 of'em. He sez he's been Craigslisting'em like crazy. So if you ever go to a bar in the NY area that has an entire wall covered in vintage beer cans, some of them will be my old collection. I'd say that's a fitting resting place for "my precious."

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13862
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Well, Craigslist really works... the beer can collection has a new owner and I'm $100 richer. Woot.

The guy who came to pick'em up explained that he works for a construction/design firm and right now they're working on a bar that wants old cans covering an entire wall, so he needs 3000 of'em. He sez he's been Craigslisting'em like crazy. So if you ever go to a bar in the NY area that has an entire wall covered in vintage beer cans, some of them will be my old collection. I'd say that's a fitting resting place for "my precious."

Ah, their PBR wall will become legendary!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22500
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:11 pm

have a drink to that!!

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24048
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:44 am

I finally tried selling on Craigslist for the first time this weekend. I listed my fish pond with pump, filters, etc. on Sunday and Monday morning, *boom* got a hit. The guy is supposed to come Friday with cash-in-hand to pick it up.



So far, so good. Fingers crossed that everything goes smooth.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
avatar

Number of posts : 4387
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Craigslist has always been good to me, I found a 600 dollar bike on there for 70 bucks, I've also picked up CD's, vinyls, a couch, beer signs, a guitar... the list goes on. If you live around a college, the best time to go on is right around school gets out or right before it starts. Those times are usually when students are leaving their places and trying to get rid of all their crap.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22500
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 pm

I have had so so success. I get a lot of spam from idiots who use it to promote their sites Ill never go to.

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31225
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Mon May 06, 2013 10:07 am

Givin' the Craigslist thing another whirl, the wife and I want to unload our RV/travel trailer. We haven't used it in over a year and don't anticipate taking it out again any time soon (loooong story that I wont' get into) so we figured we'd be better off selling it and then maybe getting something smaller in a few years.

So far, I've gotten zero calls but I did get half a dozen hilarious almost-English SPAM e-mails in response to my ad. Boooo.

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24048
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Mon May 06, 2013 11:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I finally tried selling on Craigslist for the first time this weekend. I listed my fish pond with pump, filters, etc. on Sunday and Monday morning, *boom* got a hit. The guy is supposed to come Friday with cash-in-hand to pick it up.



So far, so good. Fingers crossed that everything goes smooth.

This sale went off without a hitch. Since then, we've sold off some baby items on Craigslist and again, no problems or issues. This summer we'll probably be listing some more baby stuff (furniture mostly).

I've probably done it a half-dozen times or so now and haven't had any problems selling on Craigslist.

Good luck with your camper, Fred-O

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31225
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Mon May 06, 2013 11:12 am

Quote :
Good luck with your camper, Fred-O

Thanx. Half a dozen SPAM responses in the first 12 hours is pretty much par for the Craigslist course. Smile


_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1635
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Mon May 06, 2013 11:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I finally tried selling on Craigslist for the first time this weekend. I listed my fish pond with pump, filters, etc. on Sunday and Monday morning, *boom* got a hit. The guy is supposed to come Friday with cash-in-hand to pick it up.



So far, so good. Fingers crossed that everything goes smooth.

This sale went off without a hitch. Since then, we've sold off some baby items on Craigslist and again, no problems or issues. This summer we'll probably be listing some more baby stuff (furniture mostly).

I've probably done it a half-dozen times or so now and haven't had any problems selling on Craigslist.

Good luck with your camper, Fred-O


Did you ever sell your demon Christmas doll?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24048
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I finally tried selling on Craigslist for the first time this weekend. I listed my fish pond with pump, filters, etc. on Sunday and Monday morning, *boom* got a hit. The guy is supposed to come Friday with cash-in-hand to pick it up.



So far, so good. Fingers crossed that everything goes smooth.

This sale went off without a hitch. Since then, we've sold off some baby items on Craigslist and again, no problems or issues. This summer we'll probably be listing some more baby stuff (furniture mostly).

I've probably done it a half-dozen times or so now and haven't had any problems selling on Craigslist.

Good luck with your camper, Fred-O


Did you ever sell your demon Christmas doll?

Nope. Still haunting my soul. And basement.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4201
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Mon May 06, 2013 3:17 pm

I've sold tons of stuff on there. Amps, furniture, organs...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15872
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Mon May 06, 2013 11:42 pm

I sold a weight bench on Craigslist and it worked out pretty well. I was selling it with some weights but somebody bought the bench for the price I asked for the set and told me to keep the weights which I later sold too getting more money than I thought I would.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31225
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Tue May 07, 2013 10:04 am

I did get a seemingly-legitimate e-mail about the travel trailer last night - someone asking about its weight, width/length, etc. - in other words, someone who seemed to actually know something about trailers. I sent'em back all the pertinent info and I guess we'll see if this turns into an actual "bite."

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31225
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Tue May 07, 2013 4:52 pm

...and the fun continues.

I've gotten two robo-calls today from a Las Vegas area code (?) ...the computer voice claims to be "interested in your vehicle" and sez "if you haven't sold it yet you should call me immediately." It also told me it's "not a dealer or a broker" but it can "help me get it sold fast."

Ummmm... yeah, OK. That's gotta be legitimate, right?

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4201
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Tue May 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Put dots between the numbers in your phone number (904.629 instead of 904-629) or spell it out like "nine ZERO four six TWO nine.." , otherwise teh bots will eat it and you'll get dozens of unwanted calls. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31225
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Tue May 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Put dots between the numbers in your phone number (904.629 instead of 904-629) or spell it out like "nine ZERO four six TWO nine.." , otherwise teh bots will eat it and you'll get dozens of unwanted calls. \'arry \'eadbanger

Thanx for the tip... will have to edit my ad when I git home

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31225
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Thu May 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Givin' the Craigslist thing another whirl, the wife and I want to unload our RV/travel trailer. We haven't used it in over a year and don't anticipate taking it out again any time soon (loooong story that I wont' get into) so we figured we'd be better off selling it and then maybe getting something smaller in a few years.

So far, I've gotten zero calls but I did get half a dozen hilarious almost-English SPAM e-mails in response to my ad. Boooo.

Welp, three weeks later and the trailer is still in my back yard. We've only had one guy come look at it, and he didn't even hear about it from Craigslist, he found out about it from my next door neighbor.

I've "renewed" the ad on Craigslist a couple of times to bump it back up but aside from some spammy e-mails and a few robo-calls, I've gotten no response from there at all.

Craigslist gets a big zero from me this time out. Guess Wifey and I will have to explore other avenues.

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26247
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   Thu May 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Put dots between the numbers in your phone number (904.629 instead of 904-629) or spell it out like "nine ZERO four six TWO nine.." , otherwise teh bots will eat it and you'll get dozens of unwanted calls.

Thanx for the tip... will have to edit my ad when I git home
I always wondered why some people did that in ads. Now I know.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Question   

Back to top Go down
 
Craigslist Question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Face Rocking Question
» [question] apakah judul lagu ini? dari album mana?
» Question for MYSELF - Hendrix
» Philosophical question of the day
» Question for the day.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: