HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12801

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:30 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Have not heard this new album aside from the video once...

BUT -

Was spinning Slave To The Grind this morning on the way to work...good lord what a massive Heavy Metal album!!! The vocal performance alone is insane!!

I don't know HOW Skid Row ever got lumped into the same genre as Poison and Bon Jovi...

Because of "I Remember You". I remember reading that they purposely went heavier on Slave to show that they were not another Poison or Bon Jovi. Still, if you listen to the debut it's pretty heavy outside of the "hits". I think I need to spin Slave today!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6379

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:48 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

BUT -

Was spinning Slave To The Grind this morning on the way to work...good lord what a massive Heavy Metal album!!! The vocal performance alone is insane!!

I don't know HOW Skid Row ever got lumped into the same genre as Poison and Bon Jovi...

Because of "I Remember You". I remember reading that they purposely went heavier on Slave to show that they were not another Poison or Bon Jovi. Still, if you listen to the debut it's pretty heavy outside of the "hits". I think I need to spin Slave today!!!!

"IRY" was still not as sappy as something like "Every Rose..." or "Bed Of Roses", IMO. But I see your point.

And yeah, the debut is still more of a Heavy Metal album, IMO than anything related to Bon Jovi or Poison.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag

Number of posts : 9682

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

BUT -

Most folks in retrospect just see Skid Row as another MTV band. I was impressed how they kicked it up a notch on the heavyness with the second lp after having the commercial succes with the debut.

mini boss

Number of posts : 19533

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

BUT -

"IRY" was still not as sappy as something like "Every Rose..." or "Bed Of Roses", IMO. But I see your point.

And yeah, the debut is still more of a Heavy Metal album, IMO than anything related to Bon Jovi or Poison.

100% agree maybe fans felt they belonged to the pop metal genre because their frontman was a pretty boy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12801

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

BUT -

And IRY is a great song too!!!!! But, since it was a "power" ballad and as Manny said Bach was a "pretty boy", the got lumped in with the pop metal bands. Heck, I called them pop metal until I heard Slave TO The Grind!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72

Number of posts : 7916

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:12 am

Yeah,they were always heavier than your other so called hair metal bands,but got lumped in with them because of image I guess.The same holds true for Tesla.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6379

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Yeah,they were always heavier than your other so called hair metal bands,but got lumped in with them because of image I guess.The same holds true for Tesla.

Yes it does...
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:06 pm

I don't think this is a great album to be honest. I found only 2 tracks that are worth listening to but they weren't even that good, this album made me re-visit Angel Down once again and I'm hearing massive differences.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 11189

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

BUT -

Oh yeah, that's a brilliant album. Not a bad track on it, including "Beggars Day" from the "clean" version. Just a beast of an album. There's a couple demos—"Fire In The Hole" and "3rd Degree Burn"—available from those sessions that are also pretty good.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31234

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Zombie thread! Back from the dead! Urrrrrrr! Braaaaaaaaiiiins!

So I picked up a used copy of Seb's Kicking & Screaming this past weekend. I'm on the 2nd spin and it sounds pretty damn good thus far. As I stated in this very thread a long time ago, Angel Down never really held my interest, we'll see how this one stands up over time but so far, me likee K&S.

I haven't had time to watch the bonus DVD that came with it yet - is it worth bothering with? I bet Bach's ADHD-powered rock-doofus antics probably get irritating after only a couple of minutes. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3416

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Kicking & Screaming is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker

Number of posts : 4819

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:45 pm

I've watched enough of his stuff on Youtube that i'm not interested in the video. I like the music though. Have you heard Give 'Em Hell?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   

Back to top Go down

Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4