Hear in the Now Frontier
7%
 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5210

PostSubject: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:16 pm

?
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1884

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:58 pm

My vote goes to St Anger, that is an unlistenable piece of garbage. It hurts the ears even at low volumes because the sonics are so bad.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31132

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:57 pm

St. Anger by a mile.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag

Number of posts : 9675

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:17 pm

After reading all those "titles"... thought I smelled

Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12801

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Hear In The Now Frontier, St Anger a close 2nd.

I like Adrenalize
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

Number of posts : 19507

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Temple of Blood's first album gets my vote
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:16 pm

manny wrote:

Thanks! I didn't know we were "established" in the same sense as the listed artists but that is quite a compliment. I hate to put us up there with Van Halen but if you insist!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 pm

manny wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:

Thanks! I didn't know we were "established" in the same sense as the listed artists but that is quite a compliment. I hate to put us up there with Van Halen but if you insist!

Yep saw your album side by side with Van Halen' III in the cut out bin
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 7550

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:42 pm

I actually like all of those albums.

Despite the horrible drum sound on St. Anger the songs aren't that bad. Also it helps to watch the DVD instead. The sound is actually better.

Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23989

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 am

It was a toss-up between VH III and St. Anger, but I went with St. Anger.

One, because I actually spent my hard earned money on that steaming turd and two, it hurts my ears to play it.

Risk I've ever so slightly warmed up to over the years. Stomp 442 I never had a problem with. I like that one.

The other 3, I haven't heard enough to actually give a sh*t.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 21122

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:20 am

I've only heard Stomp 442 (which I think is pretty good),Risk,Adrenalize, and Virtual XI in their entirety. Risk is okay but does not sound like Megadeth at all to me. Adrenalize was very weak in an already weakening discography but Virtual XI to me was downright horrible.It gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5012

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:25 am

St. Anger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:50 am

I voted for Van Halen III, IMO it was just a disappointing album all around, and I excepted better from this short lived version of the band
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:58 am

St. Anger for me. Risk is bad, but still listenable. And Hear in the Now Frontier has at least 1 or 2 good songs. Adrenalize is a good album, imo. Virtual XI is ok.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:18 pm

manny wrote:
I voted for Van Halen III, IMO it was just a disappointing album all around, and I excepted better from this short lived version of the band

No joke!!!! I would have expected MUCH MORE from that ear of Van Halen!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:22 pm

St. Anger gets my vote. I can't get past Lar's snare.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:02 pm

You might as well have just put St. Anger as the only option because very few people around here are going to pass on the chance to knock the band again. Razz
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:05 pm

You're right. I should try this again with more options and "St. Anger" removed and see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 21353

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:52 pm

St. Anger is by far the winner here. It's not even remotely close.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

Number of posts : 11805

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:08 pm

St. Anger will always take the cake.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15092

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:43 am

Required Fields wrote:
St. Anger is by far the winner here. It's not even remotely close.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

Number of posts : 11805

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I actually like all of those albums.

Despite the horrible drum sound on St. Anger the songs aren't that bad. Also it helps to watch the DVD instead. The sound is actually better.

Are you kidding? Their lyrics went from thought provoking to pre-school.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22458

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:31 am

went with St anger but HITNF was really lousy too...

TheGooch
nOOb master

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:51 pm

risk. if i paid fuill price for it man id have been kicking myself. sold it for more than i paid for it anyhow lolollollol. cheers dave.

i like st anger. sure it aint amazing or classic tallica by any stretch but it was the first heavy album i ever owned so it has a special place
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowest Quality album from an established band   

Back to top Go down

Lowest Quality album from an established band
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next