Share | 

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23835

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Not a movie or TV show, but this turned up unexpectedly in yesterday's Sunday comic strips:

In yesterday's "Sally Forth" , daughter April and her friends are laying around under a tree, day dreaming about what they're going to do with their summer vacation, and April is wearing a BabyMetal tee shirt. Very Happy

In more surprising news, someone still reads the Sunday comics. And 'Sally Forth', no less.

Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 30918

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

In more surprising news, someone still reads the Sunday comics. And 'Sally Forth', no less.

I work for the paper, so of course I still read'em! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 20250

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:41 am

How about some Motorhead in a Kia commercial :

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12978

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:44 pm

A few weeks ago, I thought I saw that comedian Chelsea Handler wearing a Judas Priest t-shirt on tv. I also saw someone wearing a Helstar t-shirt on the show Pitbulls And Parolees.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Noetic Effect
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:10 pm

I saw it on the DVDs recently so I'm sure it's been mentioned already but... "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" by The Hold Steady on Game of Thrones .....
Back to top Go down
Noetic Effect
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:14 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Just heard Sabbath's "The Wizard" in a commercial for Monday Night Football.

I heard N.I.B. by Black Sabbath as bump music on the Paul Finebaum show!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:36 am

I caught 'The Exorcist' on cable a few nights ago and there was a scene when Regan, aka Satan if you please, asks the Father Karras to untie her from the bed. He says "If you're truly Satan then you could certainly free yourself". She replies "That would be a vulgar display of power".

Anyone know if that's where Pantera got the idea for their album title?

Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 30918

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I caught 'The Exorcist' on cable a few nights ago and there was a scene when Regan, aka Satan if you please, asks the Father Karras to untie her from the bed. He says "If you're truly Satan then you could certainly free yourself". She replies "That would be a vulgar display of power".

Phil A. is a bigtime grindhouse/horror film buff so I'd say that's a pretty sure bet.

I never caught that bit, but then again it's been dog years since I've seen "The Exorcist" ... for all I know, that Pantera album might not have even been out yet the last time I did.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Phil A. is a bigtime grindhouse/horror film buff so I'd say that's a pretty sure bet.

I never caught that bit, but then again it's been dog years since I've seen "The Exorcist" ... for all I know, that Pantera album might not have even been out yet the last time I did.

I haven't seen it in probably 20 years either. Still holds up though. Scary as hell. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that's where Pantera got it from.

King Of Kaiju

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:59 pm

007 wrote:
How about some Motorhead in a Kia commercial :

Along those same lines, at least once a week the local news here plays Motorhead's "The Game" (Triple H's entrance music in WWE) while showing the previous day's winning lottery numbers.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 21140

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 am

In 2017's It, there is a scene where a character (one of the bullies) is seen wearing an Anthrax - Among the Living shirt. Later in the movie, the song "Antisocial" is heard.

Given that It is an adaptation a Stephen King novel, I wouldn't doubt it's a nod to how Anthrax have written songs based on Stephen King novels.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Today at 3:02 pm

The Punisher (new Netflix series) is using Metallica's 'One' in the trailer...

Looks pretty brutal.

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25