HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 415
Age : 48

PostSubject: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:16 pm



The debut album from the mighty Living Sacrifice. †Heavy on Slayer with a bit of Metallica here and there, this album was originally released on REX Records in 1991 to very loud and raucous praise and adoration. †Some thought it was ripping on Slayer too much, but most of us couldn't have cared less. †We simply LOVED what we were hearing!

Flash forward 20 years and there has still never been a proper remaster of this album. †Yeah, yeah, Solid State Records re-released it in 1999 but it wasn't really given it's modern audio due and even that version has since gone out of print (if you've never heard this album before, do yourself a favor and go hunt it down on eBay...it'll be money well spent).

To celebrate the 20 year anniversary of this simply fantastic album, I decided to take things into my own hand and give it a full Steinhaus remaster...as if I was being paid to do it for a label.

The results really do speak for themselves...I attained modern volume specs without losing dynamics, removed tape hiss, repaired a few mixing anomalies present in the original release (edit clicks), achieved greater overall clarity of instruments and vocals, properly split track 3 (Second Death - Obstruction) into two tracks to give the album 10 true tracks as listed on the outer tray. †Finally, I did song to song transition work to improve overall album flow...each track starts based on the timing of the previous track.

01 Violence
02 Internal Unrest
03 Second Death
04 Obstruction
05 Walls Of Separation
06 Phargx Imas
07 No Grave Concern
08 Dealing With Ignorance
09 The Prodigal
10 Anorexia Spiritual

Download links as follows:

AAC/M4A (iTunes store quality) - 90.6 MB:
https://mega.nz/#!oQZiUKZB!jyHQGCtL7VWKQsXxm6vQx6Hpz1KgFwZRjkq0BdYXWXQ

MP3 (320 kbps) - 101.6 MB:
https://mega.nz/#!9MIDXThK!8m8_YtxGeilSz9DTsHLqMN2T_mBhrX_PyG91H8aortw

FLAC (lossless) - 333.9 MB:
https://mega.nz/#!gU4DiKxL!qjijZK194CaRyZzh49f6Ia1PVctCLCN-hpFymZuoeug

Enjoy!

later...Cliffy

_________________
http://www.steinhausmastering.com


Last edited by Cliffy on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 683
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:36 am

I have the original and am wonderfully curious to see how awesome the remix sounds. Very cool of Bruce Fitzhugh to let you do this.

Keep up the great work Cliffy!!!!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12275
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:23 pm

It's the best Living Scarifice record.

Thanks for remastering it!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 994
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Great album, me and my brother were listening to it just two days ago actually!
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 994
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I was just listening to the remaster and it sounds great.

Thanks for doing it and for sharing!
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1935
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:06 pm

The self-titled and Reborn are my favorite Living Sacrifice discs! I've seen them live a bunch of times at Cornerstone Festival, always a good show. Can't wait to hear the remaster. headbanger
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 683
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Finally got to listen to the remaster. Oh man what a great job!!

The sound is wonderful. I enjoyed listening to this album even more headbanger
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1935
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Listened through this twice today and I must say the remaster is brilliant! Fantastic job making this classic thrash disc really hit hard. Everything sounds great, from the kick drum to the the ride cymbal, the guitars are nicely separated, bass is audible finally, overall very nice! Kudos to Cliffy!
Back to top Go down
Vaalwrath
Metal novice
Metal novice
avatar

Number of posts : 6
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:05 pm

I have both versions (I got the original back in 1994) and have been waiting for a proper remaster of the 1st 3 albums (which I also have the originals to, but not the remasters).

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12275
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:24 am

The remaster brings the bass out more but i don't hear any major difference otherwise. And i think i actually prefer the original's format with the two songs running together... Smile
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 415
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:06 pm

The two songs still run together...they just have their own track numbers now.

As to not hearing any differences...what can I say? Different ears hear things differently. I assure you there are many differences. The vocal placement is better (as are the drums), the high end is less harsh (without being gone) and, as you noted, the bass is audible.

There are also differences with respect to overall volume (modern volume specs without losing dynamics), tape hiss (it's gone) and song to song transitions (each song now starts based on the timing of the previous song which keeps things moving nicely). Finally, there were some edit clicks that were audible in headphones that I removed.

later...Cliffy

_________________
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12275
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:46 pm

Cliffy wrote:
The two songs still run together...they just have their own track numbers now.

As to not hearing any differences...what can I say? Different ears hear things differently. I assure you there are many differences. The vocal placement is better (as are the drums), the high end is less harsh (without being gone) and, as you noted, the bass is audible.

There are also differences with respect to overall volume (modern volume specs without losing dynamics), tape hiss (it's gone) and song to song transitions (each song now starts based on the timing of the previous song which keeps things moving nicely). Finally, there were some edit clicks that were audible in headphones that I removed.

later...Cliffy

Just for the record i appreciate that you did it... but i don't remember a pause between the two songs that used to run together. I'll have to listen to the two seperate versions back to back to see if i can notice the subtleties you mentioned.


Also i think you mentioned something about Bruce being the main songwriter in the band... (when you spoke of his approval of your remaster)
That's true now, but he didn't even play on the first record if i'm not mistaken... it was all Jason Truby.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3482
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:05 pm

You did a fantastic job remastering this. It sounds so much better now!
Back to top Go down
http://avengerofblood.net
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 415
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Just for the record i appreciate that you did it... but i don't remember a pause between the two songs that used to run together. I'll have to listen to the two seperate versions back to back to see if i can notice the subtleties you mentioned.


Also i think you mentioned something about Bruce being the main songwriter in the band... (when you spoke of his approval of your remaster)
That's true now, but he didn't even play on the first record if i'm not mistaken... it was all Jason Truby.

Bruce owns all the rights to the album...he also took the time to share my remaster with all the other guys in the band and gave me permission to share with people who already own it.

There is not a pause between the two tracks you're referring to...not on the original and not on my remaster. Load the AAC files in your iTunes or iPod and have a listen...you'll see.

later...Cliffy


_________________
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 415
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Lurideath wrote:
You did a fantastic job remastering this. It sounds so much better now!

Thanks, dude and you're welcome!

_________________
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12275
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Cliffy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Just for the record i appreciate that you did it... but i don't remember a pause between the two songs that used to run together. I'll have to listen to the two seperate versions back to back to see if i can notice the subtleties you mentioned.


Also i think you mentioned something about Bruce being the main songwriter in the band... (when you spoke of his approval of your remaster)
That's true now, but he didn't even play on the first record if i'm not mistaken... it was all Jason Truby.

Bruce owns all the rights to the album...he also took the time to share my remaster with all the other guys in the band and gave me permission to share with people who already own it.

There is not a pause between the two tracks you're referring to...not on the original and not on my remaster. Load the AAC files in your iTunes or iPod and have a listen...you'll see.

later...Cliffy


I don't know what happened it just pauses between the two songs on the cd i burned from the files you sent. I'm sure you're right though...

Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 415
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I don't know what happened it just pauses between the two songs on the cd i burned from the files you sent. I'm sure you're right though...

You've got your CD burner set to add 2 second gaps between tracks, that's why.

Also, if you're gonna use these files to burn a cd, you should download the FLAC files, then unpack them as WAV files, then burn them from there...making sure to have NO gaps between tracks.

Even then you're dealing with a cdr which has a far inferior shelf life to a standard manufactured cd. Get yourself an iPod classic and start converting your cd collection, popping in the cover art and everything. Cars nowadays are all built with either iPod ready stereo systems or have auxiliary inputs to plug iPods into.

If you do this...be sure to convert your albums to AAC, not MP3...AAC is far superior to MP3 in every way.

_________________
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12275
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Cliffy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I don't know what happened it just pauses between the two songs on the cd i burned from the files you sent. I'm sure you're right though...

You've got your CD burner set to add 2 second gaps between tracks, that's why.

Also, if you're gonna use these files to burn a cd, you should download the FLAC files, then unpack them as WAV files, then burn them from there...making sure to have NO gaps between tracks.

Even then you're dealing with a cdr which has a far inferior shelf life to a standard manufactured cd. Get yourself an iPod classic and start converting your cd collection, popping in the cover art and everything. Cars nowadays are all built with either iPod ready stereo systems or have auxiliary inputs to plug iPods into.

If you do this...be sure to convert your albums to AAC, not MP3...AAC is far superior to MP3 in every way.

I've been slow to go the ipod route because i'm old school and i don't like the change. But i guess i'll eventually have to... the way physical cds are dying out. (I'm still behind the times dude).

Also my friend had to send me the files because i had trouble downloading them. I didn't realize my cd burner was set on a delay.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12275
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Anyways, I hope you didn't take my comments the wrong way... I appreciate your time remastering the album. It does sound better.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 415
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:12 am

I wasn't remotely offended...I promise. No worries.

_________________
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Vaalwrath
Metal novice
Metal novice
avatar

Number of posts : 6
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:16 pm

The original one from 1991 had "Second Death" and "Obstruction" as one track but the 1999 remaster separated them into 2 separate tracks. I burned this one onto CD with CDBurnerXP (with no space in between the tracks) and those 2 tracks flow perfectly into one another without any noticeable pause whatsoever. Though the volume level of the original and the 1999 remaster were mostly inconsequential, THIS version was significantly LOUDER (I actually had to turn it down, it was so loud). It's been awhile since I'd listened to it and what a difference there was! I also noticed that you eliminated much of the spacing in between tracks. I had never noticed how much space there were in between many of the tracks until now. And the liner notes on the remaster says that Jason Truby TRACKED by Jason Truby --I'm rather ignorant of the difference between "tracking" and "playing", so if it means the same thing... well....

Great job, though. Smile Here's hoping for a remaster of the 2nd and 3rd albums....
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 415
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Volume...this remaster is modern volume specs period...but it's also not over compressed, smashed out, completely ruined by the over use of compression the way so many albums are these days.

You may think it is overly loud if you are used to listening to older releases.

I did, however, take a lot of care with this one, making sure every step of the way, to not overdo it.

Thanks for your kind words, Vaalwrath...as to me remastering the 2nd or 3rd albums...I never really liked those albums...the band changed direction too much for my taste after this release. Had they continued on in the Slayer, classic-thrash direction of their debut, I woulda stuck with 'em.

later...Cliffy

_________________
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
mothy
Metal novice
Metal novice


Number of posts : 3
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:27 am

Sorry to bump a REALLY old thread. Anyone have updated links to this, I would love to hear an updated version
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32201
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:29 am

mothy wrote:
Sorry to bump a REALLY old thread. Anyone have updated links to this, I would love to hear an updated version

Sorry bud. The guy who did these "remasters" hasn't posted here in a couple of years.

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
mothy
Metal novice
Metal novice


Number of posts : 3
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
mothy wrote:
Sorry to bump a REALLY old thread. Anyone have updated links to this, I would love to hear an updated version

Sorry bud. The guy who did these "remasters" hasn't posted here in a couple of years.

Dang well crap thanks.Maybe "God-willing" someone else might be able to upload, Im not spending 60$ on the Solid State re-issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)   

Back to top Go down
 
LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» LIVING SACRIFICE Living Sacrifice (Steinhaus Remaster)
» Better living through chemistry
» Anyone living in Springdale condo in Upper Bukit Timah road?
» Living Sacrifice question
» Jet Circus - No Mercy For the Living Dead

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: