HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm really enjoying this album ( I got the pre-order download. Still waiting for the LP.) He Is is a cool tune as well as Deus in Absentia, Mummy Dust and a few others.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11082
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Check your local Best Buy. They messed up and shipped these all over the US with a price of $1.99 instead of $11.99. If they didn't catch the mistake at store level, you can get it for two beans. =)

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23835
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
Check your local Best Buy. They messed up and shipped these all over the US with a price of $1.99 instead of $11.99. If they didn't catch the mistake at store level, you can get it for two beans. =)

Word spread fast. It's sold out at every Best Buy in my area. I missed the boat again. F**K.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:03 pm

The one song that pisses me off, in a good way, is Devil Church. They need to go back and revisit that Procol Harem sounding tune and make it the great epic song it deserves to be!
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20258
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Check your local Best Buy. They messed up and shipped these all over the US with a price of $1.99 instead of $11.99. If they didn't catch the mistake at store level, you can get it for two beans. =)

Word spread fast. It's sold out at every Best Buy in my area. I missed the boat again. F**K.


I went and picked it up when I looked for the new Motorhead. It's marked $1.99 but rang up at $11.99. Sad I could have fought it but I was in a rush.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11082
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:24 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Check your local Best Buy. They messed up and shipped these all over the US with a price of $1.99 instead of $11.99. If they didn't catch the mistake at store level, you can get it for two beans. =)

Word spread fast. It's sold out at every Best Buy in my area. I missed the boat again. F**K.


I went and picked it up when I looked for the new Motorhead. It's marked $1.99 but rang up at $11.99. Sad   I could have fought it but I was in a rush.

You don't need to fight it. You should have paid $1.99. That's the law.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Check your local Best Buy. They messed up and shipped these all over the US with a price of $1.99 instead of $11.99. If they didn't catch the mistake at store level, you can get it for two beans. =)

Word spread fast. It's sold out at every Best Buy in my area. I missed the boat again. F**K.


I went and picked it up when I looked for the new Motorhead. It's marked $1.99 but rang up at $11.99. Sad   I could have fought it but I was in a rush.

You don't need to fight it. You should have paid $1.99. That's the law.

Yeah. Its a state weights and measures thing. They sell at that price or get fined (or even shut down) at least in CA. On the business side, they should have had an employee just re-tag them(would have taken like what 5-10 minutes?).
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20258
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:04 pm

I didn't open it yet, deciding what to do. I wonder if I can take it back and get it fixed or just stop worrying about being such a cheap bastard Razz
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6522
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:04 pm

chewie wrote:
The one song that pisses me off, in a good way, is Devil Church. They need to go back and revisit that Procol Harem sounding tune and make it the great epic song it deserves to be!

Agreed!

I'm hesitant to go too overboard as I've always gone overboard on Ghost and then lost interest quickly, but I'm absolutely loving this at the moment, the songs are so good.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:11 pm

Ghost has landed their first Top 10 album on Billboard, Meliora debuted at #8 with first week sales of 29,000 copies.

I was reading an interview with one of the "ghouls" and he explained some of the musical inspiration behind the band:

"We sort of came up with this mixture where we could combine basically all our favorite childhood and adolescent music styles. And we grew up listening to a lot of different music. A lot of Swedish music, and also a lot of '60s and '70s bands — AOR things like KANSAS and YES and CHICAGO and BOSTON. JOURNEY. TOTO. Professional-sounding music. And with all of that we found a way, for us at least, to make sense of having an extreme-metal riff and then throwing a pop melody over it. So that was the initial thing. After that it was, 'Oh, shit! Maybe we could turn it into a horror-rock band, and we could throw in this very childish sort of fascination of horror films! And also ALICE COOPER! And KISS!"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19451
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Tried. Just don't like this band. The music does nothing for me. The lyrics suck. The showmanship is outstanding, but the music just comes across as mediocre.

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:14 pm

I don't know, they sound very professional to me and I think their use of melody and true pop savvy put a lot of other modern metal bands to shame. Different strokes and all that.

If they couldn't play or write songs I would tear the imagery to shreds, but unlike a lot of other image bands these guys have actual musical skills backing up the silly horror movie schtick.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23835
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Tried. Just don't like this band. The music does nothing for me. The lyrics suck. The showmanship is outstanding, but the music just comes across as mediocre.

While I admittedly don't pay that close attention to the lyrics, they certainly seem to be more intelligent and thought-out than the usual sex, drugs, devils and demons stuff of some of their contemporaries.

While I'm still letting this new one sink in, I can say without question that I'm liking it better than their last one.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
Ghost has landed their first Top 10 album on Billboard, Meliora debuted at #8 with first week sales of 29,000 copies.  

I was reading an interview with one of the "ghouls" and he explained some of the musical inspiration behind the band:

"We sort of came up with this mixture where we could combine basically all our favorite childhood and adolescent music styles. And we grew up listening to a lot of different music. A lot of Swedish music, and also a lot of '60s and '70s bands — AOR things like KANSAS and YES and CHICAGO and BOSTON. JOURNEY. TOTO. Professional-sounding music. And with all of that we found a way, for us at least, to make sense of having an extreme-metal riff and then throwing a pop melody over it. So that was the initial thing. After that it was, 'Oh, shit! Maybe we could turn it into a horror-rock band, and we could throw in this very childish sort of fascination of horror films! And also ALICE COOPER! And KISS!"

Interesting. The instrumental, Devil Church, is pure Procol Harem.




That album is very professional sounding, that is for sure. I like it. The music isn't groundbreaking, but not much is these days.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1285
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:34 pm

I think these guys are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 920
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:43 pm

Found a copy at Best Buy, w/trading cards (go figure).

Overall, the songwriting has improved a great deal, and the songs are way less repetitive. Still, I wouldn't say it's better than Infestissumam.

Favorite songs thus far: Cirice, He Is, Mummy Dust, Spirit, From the Pinnacle to the Pit
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6522
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:14 pm

New song



I've run out of things to say about this band, they will never be my favorite band but they are extremely good at what they do. The Dave Grohl link is apt as I think that they are becoming the Foo Fighters of occult rock.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Pretty enjoyable!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13518
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
New song



I've run out of things to say about this band, they will never be my favorite band but they are extremely good at what they do. The Dave Grohl link is apt as I think that they are becoming the Foo Fighters of occult rock.

This is probably the catchiest song they have written!! Great song!!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4963
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:24 am

I don't know if anyone's said it in this thread, but I get a serious Blue Oyster Cult vibe from these guys. I'm gonna have to get back into them, it's been a long time since I've listened to them.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20258
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:56 am

I like that tune. I really need to check into these guys better.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23835
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:00 pm

I must be slipping in my old age. I didn't realize this new ep is out today (09.16.16).

I was gonna run out to Best Buy at lunch today, but I'll probably just wait till next week and get it when I pick up the new Airbourne as well.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 110
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20258
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Damn ! That's good ! Gets better the more I hear it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal   

Back to top Go down
 
Ghost (swe) Heavy Metal/Psych Rock/Doom Metal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Similar topics
-
» "Man of Constant Sorrow" - Metal/Southern Rock cover
» HERO's Challenge - Christian Rock & Metal Collage #2
» Christian stoner doom?
» Discern - Christian Death Metal
» 2012.12.12 - Leisure Valley Gurgaon, Delhi, India

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: