HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 NCAA Yahoo Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 pm

I am doing another Yahoo Tournament this year and if anyone wants to join - just pm and Ill send you an invite!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25711
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:23 am

Count me in.

This year is gonna be even harder than usual because there just aren't any dominant teams.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:13 am

tohostudios wrote:
Count me in.

This year is gonna be even harder than usual because there just aren't any dominant teams.

and last year was so unpredictable. I wonder how many people will try to go for that unknown cinderella team...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12799
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:30 am

Just signed up - thx for the invite!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25711
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:31 am

I'll have to sign up from home; stupid filter blocks it at work as "games".

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'll have to sign up from home; stupid filter blocks it at work as "games".

mine at work does too.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:18 pm

just a reminder that this Sunday is Selection Sunday. If you want to be a part of the tournament I am running - shoot me a pm! The more the merrier!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2832
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:19 pm

So, I've been doing this for as long as I can remember (even before anyone even heard of a Joe Lunardi)

#1. Ohio. St #2 Notre Dame #3 UCONN #4 Syracuse
#1. Kansas #2 Texas #3 Louisville #4 Wisconsin
#1. PITT #2 North Carolina #3 Purdue #4 Arizona
#1. Duke #2 San Diego. St #3 Florida #4 Kentucky

#5 BYU #6 West Virginia #7 Kansas. St #8 Michigan
#5 Vanderbilt #6 Temple #7 Florida. St #8 Old Dominion
#5 St. Johns #6 Texas A&M #7 Georgetown #8 UCLA
#5 Xavier #6 Washington #7 Richmond #8 Gonzaga


#9 UNLV
#9 George Mason
#9 Cincinnati
#9 Tennessee

#10 Marquette
#10 Illinois
#10 Missouri
#10 Colorado

#11 Virginia Tech
#11 Memphis
#11 Butler
#11 Utah. St

#12 Villanova
#12 Penn. St
#12 Michigan. St
#12 Alabama
#12 Clemson
#12 St. Mary's

#13 Princeton
#13 Morehead. St
#13 Belmont
#13 Oakland

#14 Akron
#14 Bucknell
#14 LIU
#14 Indiana. St

#15 UCSB
#15 Wofford
#15 Boston U
#15 No. Colorado

#16 UNC Asheville
#!6 St. Peters
#16 Ark Little Rock
#16 U Texas San Antonio
#16 Alabama. St
#16 Hampton


these are my seeding and the teams I believe will be in the field!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25711
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:23 pm

I think Belmont is going to be my upset team this year.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Virginia Tech would be my upset team. They have been hot and cold but when on, they are deadly...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 pm

Belmont has looked good so they could do it. I hope the Pac 10 doesn't embarrass itself.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25711
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:43 pm

exact33 wrote:
Virginia Tech would be my upset team. They have been hot and cold but when on, they are deadly...

Have fun watching the NIT.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Virginia Tech would be my upset team. They have been hot and cold but when on, they are deadly...

Have fun watching the NIT.

i know! They got robbed!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25711
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:58 pm

First upset of the tourney.

Morehead St. - 62
Louisville - 61

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:15 pm

yep! so far I am 6 of 8 correct. So is DBF btw...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12799
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Ugh... NOT HAPPY about the ODU loss at the buzzer......... Glad I wasn't able to go to the game, I would have been pissed....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Ugh... NOT HAPPY about the ODU loss at the buzzer......... Glad I wasn't able to go to the game, I would have been pissed....

There were a lot of close games today...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25711
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:50 am

I finished the first day 12-4 in this pool. 13-3 in my "money" pool.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:39 pm

St. Johns going down hurts...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25711
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Yeah, and I almost flipped my pick on that one.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:17 am

I think Georgetown ought to just skip the tournament.

Perhaps the Big Least isnt such a great basketball conference after all..

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25711
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:41 am

I really wanted to pick against Georgetown because I hate them. Now I have more reason to hate them. angry

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:42 am

tohostudios wrote:
I really wanted to pick against Georgetown because I hate them. Now I have more reason to hate them. angry

me too! How would anyone think VCU moves on against them? Especially when Georgetowns point guard is back??

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2832
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:37 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I really wanted to pick against Georgetown because I hate them. Now I have more reason to hate them. angry

me too! How would anyone think VCU moves on against them? Especially when Georgetowns point guard is back??

I didn't have a great opening first round, regarding my picks, but I did pick VCU. Wright was out with a broken hand for over a good month, so I didn't think he would be at full strength or have his basketball legs for this game. I've decided also that John Thompson III just isn't a good tournament coach. Look no further than last year's debacle against Ohio University.

In regards to V.C.U., I absolutely love the Colonial Conference. Even though I'm from Indy and like Butler, I was disappointed to see Old Dominion lose to them. They are a fun team to watch as they are helacious on the boards. I was shocked to see ODU lose the battle of the boards to Butler, but that's how tournament tough this team is. What else can you say about George Mason? To me, they aren't even a Cinderella team anymore, as they aren't going to sneak up on anyone. Then I think about Richmond. No, they aren't a part of the Colonial (Anymore), but they used to be a part of this conference before jettisoning to the Atlantic-10. They were also a pick of mine against Vanderbilt, who never wins in the tournament!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:34 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I really wanted to pick against Georgetown because I hate them. Now I have more reason to hate them. angry

me too! How would anyone think VCU moves on against them? Especially when Georgetowns point guard is back??

I didn't have a great opening first round, regarding my picks, but I did pick VCU. Wright was out with a broken hand for over a good month, so I didn't think he would be at full strength or have his basketball legs for this game. I've decided also that John Thompson III just isn't a good tournament coach. Look no further than last year's debacle against Ohio University.


I think you might be on to something. No more picking Georgetown for me. I think the Big East was also way overrated. 11 teams in the tournament and only 6 are alive.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NCAA Yahoo Tournament   

Back to top Go down
 
NCAA Yahoo Tournament
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Table tennis tournament for 2014
» 2015 Aged Group Table Tennis Tournament
» ActiveSG Golden Jubilee Table Tennis Doubles Tournament 2015
» Taman Jurong Championship 2015 - A poorly organised tournament
» Yahoo! -?SCANDAL "Documentary film?HELLO WORLD?"? Interview

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: