HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Adrenaline Mob

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11154
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Or maybe he was actually telling the truth.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6369
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
Or maybe he was actually telling the truth.

I'm sure he's telling the truth...he talks about everything. I'm just saying that while "schedule conflicts" are real (Winery Dogs album and tour, Flying Colors album, Transatlantic album and tour), I bet it also has to do with the fact that AMob pushed HARD to get into the mainstream with that style, the shows they played, working w/ Lizzy from Halestorm (one of the biggest bands going right now) and spent 2 years trying to get it to pay off...it did not. MP, by his nature, always has other stuff to do so couple that with the fact that AMob did not catch fire, he had to move on. I would bet money that, had AMob caught on like, say, Volbeat has, the scheduling conflicts would take him out anything BUT AMob.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23986
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:34 am

He'll probably do better with The Winery Dogs. With 2 ex-members of Mr. Big, they're guaranteed to go quadruple-platinum in Japan. Wink

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6369
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
He'll probably do better with The Winery Dogs. With 2 ex-members of Mr. Big, they're guaranteed to go quadruple-platinum in Japan. Wink

And the rest of Asia probably...plus Eddie Trunk will promote the hell out of it since he's a Kotzen fanboy...

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5210
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Or maybe he was actually telling the truth.

I'm sure he's telling the truth...he talks about everything. I'm just saying that while "schedule conflicts" are real (Winery Dogs album and tour, Flying Colors album, Transatlantic album and tour), I bet it also has to do with the fact that AMob pushed HARD to get into the mainstream with that style, the shows they played, working w/ Lizzy from Halestorm (one of the biggest bands going right now) and spent 2 years trying to get it to pay off...it did not. MP, by his nature, always has other stuff to do so couple that with the fact that AMob did not catch fire, he had to move on. I would bet money that, had AMob caught on like, say, Volbeat has, the scheduling conflicts would take him out anything BUT AMob.

Exactly!

Just like all of us, he schedules more time for things that are more lucrative and less time for things that are less. Thus no money becomes a scheduling problem. He's trying to be diplomatic and polite to the people who tried to make it work, but it's really a half-truth. Not that the fans are really entitled to the whole truth anyway ...

On a side note, I also don't see "The Winery Dogs" as being a very marketable name or having a popular style. I see them as having less commercial potential than AMob.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6230
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:09 pm

I'm cool with Portnoy pursuing less commercial affairs, or stints I suppose you could call them. I wasn't fond of Amob, but this Winery Dogs bit is pretty solid even if for just one album. The sound is great, even if it's not groundbreaking. I like seeing him branch out and work with other artists like this. Dream Theater really lost steam after Octavarium, becoming self-cannibalistic and repetitive, and I do think he was a major part of that pattern.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9675
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Portnoy's real problem is he thinks his nama is more marketable than it actually is. IMHDO

_________________
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6369
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:05 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

On a side note, I also don't see "The Winery Dogs" as being a very marketable name or having a popular style. I see them as having less commercial potential than AMob.

Oh, The Winery Dogs will never catch on in America. But Japan/Asia they'll do decently.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15806
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:27 pm

I must be one of the only people who really enjoyed Adrenaline Mob. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23986
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:01 am

No new drummer yet, but the band vows to continue on without Portnoy...

Quote :
Adrenaline Mob don’t have a replacement lined up for drummer Mike Portnoy, who last week said he was leaving due to pressures of time. But frontman Russell Allen says they’re writing new material and will keep moving forward, adding: “He’s been real busy with the Winery Dogs. We want to keep doing Adrenaline Mob and we don’t want to wait around for Mike to have the time. It’s a bummer, but he’s got his sights on other things, so we wish him the best.”

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4831
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I must be one of the only people who really enjoyed Adrenaline Mob. lol!
I thought the album was killer.. I dont see why people compare them to Disturbed at all?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15806
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:47 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I must be one of the only people who really enjoyed Adrenaline Mob. lol!


I thought the album was killer.. I dont see why people compare them to Disturbed at all?

I can somewhat see. There is a bit of a Disturbed vibe to them. However, I have no problem with Disturbed so that's not a bad thing IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4831
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:45 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I must be one of the only people who really enjoyed Adrenaline Mob. lol!


I thought the album was killer.. I dont see why people compare them to Disturbed at all?

I can somewhat see. There is a bit of a Disturbed vibe to them. However, I have no problem with Disturbed so that's not a bad thing IMO.

Me neither.. The whole comparison thing makes me shake my head.. 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11154
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:29 am

Meet the new Avenged Sevenfold!  Laughing 






_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4762
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 am

Hmmmm, pass.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4831
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Meet the new Avenged Sevenfold!  Laughing 






I'm sure if a "metal" band was gonna try and rip someone off, they wouldn't choose Nickelback  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21082
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Meet the new Avenged Sevenfold!  Laughing 








Wow, the similarities are incredible. I can see being influenced, but that's a downright rip off right there.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4831
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:32 pm

007 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Meet the new Avenged Sevenfold!  Laughing 








Wow, the similarities are incredible. I can see being influenced, but that's a downright rip off right there.

Nowadays I find a 10 second rip off in just about every song I listen to. This one's no different.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21082
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:16 pm

It sounds like the same exact song but with different lyrics,to me
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11154
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:23 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
007 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Meet the new Avenged Sevenfold!  Laughing 








Wow, the similarities are incredible. I can see being influenced, but that's a downright rip off right there.

Nowadays I find a 10 second rip off in just about every song I listen to. This one's no different.  

Much of this song kind of goes beyond similar, though. Not saying they actually ripped off Nickelback, but still...it's real close.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11154
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:25 pm

And the Nickelback song is way better.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4831
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And the Nickelback song is way better.

I agree with that... I actually like the riffing during the verses. The melody is more similar than the actual playing itself IMO!!!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1783
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:24 am

I enjoy this style from time to time, and think Men of Honor is a decent album from what they were trying to do. I wish there was a little more variation in some of the songwriting; it gets rather boring if you try to listen to the album straight through.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:26 pm

I finally got around to checking these guys out and...MEH, it sounds like Disturbed/Nickleback. It's ok I guess.


_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11154
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I finally got around to checking these guys out and...MEH, it sounds like Disturbed/Nickleback. It's ok I guess.



Bad song to judge by. This one is terrible.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Adrenaline Mob   

Back to top Go down
 
Adrenaline Mob
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Missing Audio Adrenaline
» Audio Adrenaline returning with new lineup
» The return of Audio Adrenaline
» Audio Adrenaline 3.0

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: