HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22500
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:28 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
FINALLY, my first scam mail in years! I used to just delete them but after reading this thread I have been waiting for one. Here's what I got plus my reply. If I hear back I'll post it here.

On Wed 06/13/12 1:54 AM , U.Radzeuski radvik2009@sc.com sent:
> Dear compatriot, I work for one of UK'S leading Banks. I need your
> help in the claim of 13.7m. I will give you complete details once i
> am assured of your help. You will receive a reasonable percentage for
> your help. Consider this and get back to me as soon as you can if you
> are capable of handling this project. Best Regards , Vlad.

my reply:

Hello Vlad,

It is great to hear from you. How's your family? I haven't seen them in ages and I hope your brother is doing well these days. How long has it been? I don't
think we have talked in many years but I'll give you an update on my life over the past 5 years.

7 years ago I won the Powerball Jackpot in the amount of 255 MILLION DOLLARS. I didn't needlessly spend my money I invested it in Apple and Steve Jobs
personally gave me a job with Apple over my generous donation. While working at Apple I helped develop the "glass" on the iPhone, iPod and iPad. If you have
one be careful with it as the glass can crack easily if dropped. I also invest million in Otter Box for the iPhone to protect the glass I help invent. As a
result of my wise investments I have more than doubled my 255 million and have no need for your monetary funds. 13 million is "chump change" to me so any
monetary award you have for me you can donate to The American Heart Association.

Thanks for your consideration,

Alfonso P. Schladmihndahsnick

wow!! I am envious of the use of sarcasm there!! headbanger

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1526
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:22 am

HAHA. Still no reply from Vlad yet, maybe he got the picture that I am not interested. By the way, when I was in high school I worked at K-Mart. I put the name "Schladmihndahsnick" on my name tag.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1526
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:13 am

got another one today but briefly read it. This one was about gold bars put in a locker for me at O'Hare Airport in Chicago worth 5 million dollars. I needed to call a number ASAP because I was being charged 10 dollars a day for the locker fee. I gave a quick reply to this one, giving my usual "I'm a multi-millionaire and let's keep charging me 10 dollars a day and when it get's up to 1 million dollars I'll pay the fine". If I can find the email in my deleted box I'll post it but I opened the e-mail on my ipod then deleted it so it may be ka=put.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15871
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:30 pm

I don't get these scam e-mails. That kind of offends me. You mean I'm not good enough to be scamed?! That's an outrage!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31215
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:32 am

I got one today claiming to be from a lady named "Pluto Calvary" (yes, really)... who's apparently dying of cancer, poor thing. She has about two months left to live but she is sitting on $20 million in bonds that belonged to her late husband who was an oil tycoon in Africa. She was hoping that I'd go into partnership with her to help distribute said $20 million to various "religious and charitable organizations." All I had to do was contact her with my bank information to get the ball rolling.

I couldn't resist, I replied "Sorry, I never go into business with anyone who's named after Mickey Mouse's dog. F*ck off."

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19530
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I got one today claiming to be from a lady named "Pluto Calvary" (yes, really)... who's apparently dying of cancer, poor thing. She has about two months left to live but she is sitting on $20 million in bonds that belonged to her late husband who was an oil tycoon in Africa. She was hoping that I'd go into partnership with her to help distribute said $20 million to various "religious and charitable organizations." All I had to do was contact her with my bank information to get the ball rolling.

I couldn't resist, I replied "Sorry, I never go into business with anyone who's named after Mickey Mouse's dog. F*ck off."

People aren't stupid enough to fall for these scams are they?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31215
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:53 am

manny wrote:


People aren't stupid enough to fall for these scams are they?

Somebody must fall for'em, otherwise they wouldn't keep sending'em...

Apparently e-mail scamming is a major industry in Nigeria!!

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4814
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 am

I'm stunned how many oil tycoons are in the African nations.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19530
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:


People aren't stupid enough to fall for these scams are they?

Somebody must fall for'em, otherwise they wouldn't keep sending'em...

Apparently e-mail scamming is a major industry in Nigeria!!


If I have told Dallasblack once, I have told him twice, to stop responding to these email scams!!!!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2873
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:12 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
got another one today but briefly read it. This one was about gold bars put in a locker for me at O'Hare Airport in Chicago worth 5 million dollars. I needed to call a number ASAP because I was being charged 10 dollars a day for the locker fee. I gave a quick reply to this one, giving my usual "I'm a multi-millionaire and let's keep charging me 10 dollars a day and when it get's up to 1 million dollars I'll pay the fine". If I can find the email in my deleted box I'll post it but I opened the e-mail on my ipod then deleted it so it may be ka=put.

You should have told him that you've sent Ray "Bones" Barboni to pick those gold bars up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31215
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm stunned how many oil tycoons are in the African nations.

And they all seem to die in plane crashes. I'm still not sure if all these guys happened to be together on the same plane, or if planes simply ram into mountains on an hourly basis down that-a-way. Very Happy

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm stunned how many oil tycoons are in the African nations.

And they all seem to die in plane crashes. I'm still not sure if all these guys happened to be together on the same plane, or if planes simply ram into mountains on an hourly basis down that-a-way. Very Happy

Haven't notice that most of the plane crashes happen in Africa these days? The airlines there all fly old planes that are not maintained, so even stepping in one is gambling with your life. Because of that, we all have a chance to get rich of those emails!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15871
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:41 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:


People aren't stupid enough to fall for these scams are they?

Somebody must fall for'em, otherwise they wouldn't keep sending'em...

Apparently e-mail scamming is a major industry in Nigeria!!


If I have told Dallasblack once, I have told him twice, to stop responding to these email scams!!!!

One of them's bound to be legit eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master


Number of posts : 716
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Im waiting for the day when an actual nigerian prince gets one of these scam e-mails (which makes me wonder what kind of spam, if any, people in authority like the queen of england or the president get).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31215
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:35 pm



OK, this is definitely the weirdest spam e-mail I've gotten in a while. I swear I am not making this up.

Hello,
How are you doing? I'm Mr. Scott Warrick and I will like to purchase (Esex Cobra Magnum Jig) from your company. Can I have a link that will take me directly to the types of toilets that you carry with the prices attached to it. What types of payment do you accept?

Have a nice day,
Scott Warrick


I'm tempted to respond and tell him that I only accept malt liquor and heavy metal CDs as payment. Very Happy

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22500
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:52 pm

I got a weird call today from John at the shipping department of the Emergency Alert System saying my paid for system was ready. He was really pushy about this so I got out my enigma anti-telemarking guide and started asking him questions. He hung up on me...

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6254
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:


OK, this is definitely the weirdest spam e-mail I've gotten in a while. I swear I am not making this up.

Hello,
How are you doing? I'm Mr. Scott Warrick and I will like to purchase (Esex Cobra Magnum Jig) from your company. Can I have a link that will take me directly to the types of toilets that you carry with the prices attached to it. What types of payment do you accept?

Have a nice day,
Scott Warrick


I'm tempted to respond and tell him that I only accept malt liquor and heavy metal CDs as payment. Very Happy

You sell ECMJ's?? affraid Their power can be harnessed to destroy entire planets.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:


OK, this is definitely the weirdest spam e-mail I've gotten in a while. I swear I am not making this up.

Hello,
How are you doing? I'm Mr. Scott Warrick and I will like to purchase (Esex Cobra Magnum Jig) from your company. Can I have a link that will take me directly to the types of toilets that you carry with the prices attached to it. What types of payment do you accept?

Have a nice day,
Scott Warrick


I'm tempted to respond and tell him that I only accept malt liquor and heavy metal CDs as payment. Very Happy

I actually got on on LinkedIn the other day:

Thank you for accepting my invite.It is good to join you on Linkedin.I am an investment Broker based in the Gulf Region.I cover Dubai.Oman and other Gulf Countries.

Do notify my office if you have a project that need financing so i can direct you to a genuine and reputable investment company that will handle your investment needs.

Regards,
Mohammed.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22500
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Joker - you should tell him you want to finance buying Eyesore's cd collection Laughing 

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:04 pm

exact33 wrote:
Joker - you should tell him you want to finance buying Eyesore's cd collection Laughing 

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?   

Back to top Go down
 
Ever Respond to a Scam E-MaiL?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» Police Investigate AC/DC Ticket Scam
» Susans E-mail Address
» Fades Away - New Album!!
» Intense Millenium remasters
» Sad F.O.G. News

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: