HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Question for fellow christian metalheads.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12801

PostSubject: Re: Question for fellow christian metalheads.   Thu May 15, 2014 1:35 pm

James B. wrote:
Ze-mau stated:

As for your guilt (listening to secular music), that comes from yourself and not from God. I respect your beliefs or lack there of but something seems to go a bit deeper than what you place your faith in and/or on.

This - guilt for listening to certain music is in no way God speaking to the depths of your soul, instead the guilt comes from yourself helped out by the writings/teachings/talking with others who tell you is is wrong and in someway going to harm you faith. It's basically peer pressure and fear that makes you feel the guilt.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict

Number of posts : 15872

PostSubject: Re: Question for fellow christian metalheads.   Thu May 15, 2014 1:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
Ze-mau stated:

As for your guilt (listening to secular music), that comes from yourself and not from God. I respect your beliefs or lack there of but something seems to go a bit deeper than what you place your faith in and/or on.

This - guilt for listening to certain music is in no way God speaking to the depths of your soul, instead the guilt comes from yourself helped out by the writings/teachings/talking with others who tell you is is wrong and in someway going to harm you faith. It's basically peer pressure and fear that makes you feel the guilt.

I like to say that with all the things that harm my relationship with God, what music I listen to doesn't even register on the list.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy

Number of posts : 8227

PostSubject: Re: Question for fellow christian metalheads.   Thu May 15, 2014 4:54 pm

This thread has been...resurrected!

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Sun May 25, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for fellow christian metalheads.   Sun May 25, 2014 12:04 am

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6254

PostSubject: Re: Question for fellow christian metalheads.   Sun May 25, 2014 12:38 am

DallasBlack wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
Ze-mau stated:

I like to say that with all the things that harm my relationship with God, what music I listen to doesn't even register on the list.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for fellow christian metalheads.   

Back to top Go down

Question for fellow christian metalheads.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4