HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 648
Age : 24

PostSubject: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:18 am

Does anyone know of any other sites similar to these two? Doesn't need to be metal-oriented, in fact, doesn't need to be music at all, film sites in the style of these two would also be nice.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 51

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:42 am

KingGodSpace use to have a cool one called The CD Gallery, but it has since been taken down. It was actually the site that inspired mine.

I've not found another site like mine and kmorgs, so if someone knows of one, I'd be interested in checking it out.

However, there are sites like FirestreamMusicVault, HeavyHarmonies, BrutalMetal, HeavensMetal, that allow people to comment and leave reviews on albums.

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13862
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Make no mistake, there are no substitutes!

lol!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 913
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:20 pm

I tried making one but got bored and gave up after a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2955
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:04 pm

I've enjoyed reading reviews on this site, but in terms of navigating the website, it's second rate. If you click in the search engine on the site for a band, it won't spit anything out on the band. You have to click on the year and then reviews from the months in that year will drop down. The years have nothing to do with when they were released, but when certain albums were reviewed.

http://essentialheavymetal.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 648
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
KingGodSpace use to have a cool one called The CD Gallery, but it has since been taken down. It was actually the site that inspired mine.

I've not found another site like mine and kmorgs, so if someone knows of one, I'd be interested in checking it out.

However, there are sites like FirestreamMusicVault, HeavyHarmonies, BrutalMetal, HeavensMetal, that allow people to comment and leave reviews on albums.

How big was that collection compared to your site? Any bands that were on there, but you don't have yet?
And can you remember when was it taken down? Since this site is pretty old now, I take it that one was started at least 12 years ago or so?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22616
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Addy has a site - Rock City

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6493
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:38 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I've enjoyed reading reviews on this site, but in terms of navigating the website, it's second rate. If you click in the search engine on the site for a band, it won't spit anything out on the band. You have to click on the year and then reviews from the months in that year will drop down. The years have nothing to do with when they were released, but when certain albums were reviewed.

http://essentialheavymetal.blogspot.com/

While I like that site, it has two problems: The layout sucks (tiny font in a narrow column) and almost every album gets a 7/10.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2955
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
I've enjoyed reading reviews on this site, but in terms of navigating the website, it's second rate. If you click in the search engine on the site for a band, it won't spit anything out on the band. You have to click on the year and then reviews from the months in that year will drop down. The years have nothing to do with when they were released, but when certain albums were reviewed.

http://essentialheavymetal.blogspot.com/

While I like that site, it has two problems: The layout sucks (tiny font in a narrow column) and almost every album gets a 7/10.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the font. I'm in my 40's and since I don't have a bionic eye like that of Steve Austin (astronaut/man barely alive), then this type of stuff is problematic!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 51

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:09 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
KingGodSpace use to have a cool one called The CD Gallery, but it has since been taken down. It was actually the site that inspired mine.

I've not found another site like mine and kmorgs, so if someone knows of one, I'd be interested in checking it out.

However, there are sites like FirestreamMusicVault, HeavyHarmonies, BrutalMetal, HeavensMetal, that allow people to comment and leave reviews on albums.

How big was that collection compared to your site? Any bands that were on there, but you don't have yet?
And can you remember when was it taken down? Since this site is pretty old now, I take it that one was started at least 12 years ago or so?

KingGodSpace's site came down around 2005 or so. It was a fairly extensive site for heavy metal and thrash, but not as extensive as NLTM. He had more black metal stuff than me and he also had this a love of 80's pop stuff and 70's prog. It was a cool site. I use to visit it all the time.

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 51

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Here's a site similar to mine but is Christian metal only and he doesn't like anything with extreme vocals, so no death metal, black metal and very little thrash.
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 648
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:27 pm

exact33 wrote:
Addy has a site - Rock City
Quote :
Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found.
Sad
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22616
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Addy has a site - Rock City
Quote :
Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found.
Sad

apparently the tense in my statement was incorrect. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2513
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:07 am

Brian Spectre Marshall had a similar site but i don`t remember the name of it. And it was up and then closed and then up again a lot. Surpise Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24523
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:05 pm

I frequent this one quite a bit for reference purposes...
http://www.bnrmetal.com/v3/home/main

I found this one not long ago, but it's a bit of a mess. Looks like a work in progress...
http://www.wikimetal.info/wiki/Wikimetal

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32093
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Here's a site similar to mine but is Christian metal only and he doesn't like anything with extreme vocals, so no death metal, black metal and very little thrash.
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

This guy's reviews make my eyes bleed and my brain hurt. I mean, some people say I'M long winded, but daaaaaaaaaaamn, he makes me look like Mr. Short and To the Point.... Very Happy

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I don’t expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11550
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:55 pm

http://www.getcharocksoff.com

That's mine. Of course, aside from adding all the reviews I'd written for other mags and zines, I never did anything with it. I want to, though. I just need to move the blog to Wordpress so I can do more with it.

Right now, that's not a priority, though.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 857
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   Mon May 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Mine is set up through blogspot, but it is getting a considerable amount of traffic now and has started to grow...

www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Mostly hair/glam/sleaze, but there is also modern hard rock and some classic metal. I also do interviews, concert reviews, and book reviews as well.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?   

Back to top Go down
 
Other pages similar to NLTM and MM?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» TONGUE DRUMS
» Grammatrain!!!
» David Garibaldi's Stolen Drum Sticks
» Flyleaf vs Fireflight vs The Letter Black
» Forevertree Zombie

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Collector's Corner-
Jump to: