HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Beer!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9733
Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:02 pm

I can't find 40 ouncers in too many places here in Montana Sad

_________________
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6542
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:11 pm

...and now a moment of silence for the Black & Tan I just put down.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3774
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:45 pm

exact33 wrote:
The thing is Yuengling is very reasonable - $9 for a 12 pack of the lager. I think it is commonplace corporate events which would explain some of the volume

Does it even taste good? And do they just make lagers, because if they do, I won't even look into them, although I don't think they ship any out here.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6542
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Yeungling is great, IMO. Granted I've only had the Black & Tan dark beer...but I love it.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3774
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Yeungling is great, IMO. Granted I've only had the Black & Tan dark beer...but I love it.

Cool. Just checked their website and looks like they have the types of beers that I like (ale, porter) http://www.yuengling.com/our_beer/ but it looks like they don't distribute out here in Cali Sad
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22612
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:12 am

GrandNational wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Yeungling is great, IMO. Granted I've only had the Black & Tan dark beer...but I love it.

Cool. Just checked their website and looks like they have the types of beers that I like (ale, porter) http://www.yuengling.com/our_beer/ but it looks like they don't distribute out here in Cali Sad

TheKing can hook you up. Can you mail beer???

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3774
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:14 pm

exact33 wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Yeungling is great, IMO. Granted I've only had the Black & Tan dark beer...but I love it.

Cool. Just checked their website and looks like they have the types of beers that I like (ale, porter) http://www.yuengling.com/our_beer/ but it looks like they don't distribute out here in Cali Sad

TheKing can hook you up. Can you mail beer???

Good question. I'm guessing the S&H charges would be high if you could.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26946
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Paid a visit to The Friar again today on my way home from work. The haul:

4 more 4pks of Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

1 4pk of Brother Thelonius' Belgian Abbey Ale (same brewer as above)

1 6pk of Left Hand Brewery's Fade To Black Vol III

1 6pk of Rogue Brewery's Mocha Porter

Another $75 down the drain - literally. Good thing I haven't been buying many CDs these days.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3774
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:


1 6pk of Left Hand Brewery's Fade To Black Vol III


Nice haul. This brand sounds like Entombed (left hand path) meets Metallica
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26946
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:49 pm

GrandNational wrote:
tohostudios wrote:


1 6pk of Left Hand Brewery's Fade To Black Vol III


Nice haul. This brand sounds like Entombed (left hand path) meets Metallica

That one's a real surprise. My fellow beer snob at work gave me one a while ago and I expected not to like it. It's something called a "pepper porter" which sounds nasty. And while there is a little tongue burning in the finish, it's actually quite tasty.

I highly recommend Left Hand Brewery BTW. I've liked everything I've tried from them and their product seems to be widely available. And for you IPA lovers, they have one of those too but I can't vouch for it since I don't like that style.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26946
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:29 pm

I was off today and made a run to Sams Club. That trip takes me past Friar Tuck's so of course I had to stop in. Picked up:

The last two 4 packs of Brother Thelonius' Belgian Abbey Ale,

A 4 pk of Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout,

4 pk of Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout,

A pint+ bottle of something called "Vertical Epic" (ale made with cinnamon sticks and Anaheim chile peppers)

Another pint+ bottle of "Holy Moly Imperial Stout" by Cathedral Street Brewery

and a 6 pk of Wild Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal Stout.

That last one is the daredevil in me coming out. I usually HATE fruit beers but I love oatmeal stouts so this one just had me curious.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1862
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:45 pm

cheers

Spaten Munchen Dunkel

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26946
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:37 am

I love Dunkels!

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2089
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:18 am

tohostudios wrote:
I love Dunkels!

Yes! I love me a good, dark beer - Germany and Austria seem to have the tastiest "dunkel" beers in the world - my family and I usually go on summer holiday together, and inevitably we pass through Germany (about half the trip runs through that damn country!), and we usually stop somewhere in Bavaria for a night of rest - there's always a local brew (after all, it is Germany) - The old man and I usually hang out in the local bar to tast the regional goodness - I haven't had a bad experience yet!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2089
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:19 am


"Dunkel" means dark by the way Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26946
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Another visit to Friar Tuck. Came away with:


4pk of Brother Thelonius' Belgian Abbey Ale
4pk of Pranqster Belgian Ale
4pk of Old Stock Ale
750ml of Le Merle
6pk of Red Seal Ale

Those are all beers by my new favorite brewery North Coast

and one non-North Coast selection:

4 pk of Green Flash Double Stout



All of these are new to me except the Thelonius. And a lot of these beers I've been picking up lately have really high ABV (8% or higher) so I'm "cellaring" a bunch of them to see how they mellow with age.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3774
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:02 pm

I know there are lots of beer "reviewers" on YT, but this guy is my favorite because he only reviews micro-brews:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeerGeekNation?feature=g-u-u
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26946
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:17 pm

That guy sure likes his IPAs. Unfortunately, I hate IPAs.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3774
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:45 am

tohostudios wrote:
That guy sure likes his IPAs. Unfortunately, I hate IPAs.

You know I'm the complete opposite, so it works for me Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22612
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:26 am

no beer until i am off my medication...

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3774
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Turning wine into beer, this sounds interesting:

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16358/p/1
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3550
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:21 pm

For tonight's enjoyment I have some very hoppy Swedish lager called Pistonhead. As most lagers, it's not very aromatic, but it has a nice bitterness and a bit of fruitiness to it. I like the fact it has a lot of hops. Normally I don't enjoy lagers that much though.

It has a cool skull logo too.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26946
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Lari wrote:
For tonight's enjoyment I have some very hoppy Swedish lager called Pistonhead. As most lagers, it's not very aromatic, but it has a nice bitterness and a bit of fruitiness to it. I like the fact it has a lot of hops. Normally I don't enjoy lagers that much though.

It has a cool skull logo too.




Cool label. Doesn't sound like something I'd like though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26946
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:30 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Turning wine into beer, this sounds interesting:

[url=http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16358/p/1
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16358/p/1[/quote[/url]]

Ya know, a few weeks ago I'd have gone "Ewwwwww" to this idea. But lately I've been discovering Belgian style ales and their inherent "fruitiness" from Belgian hops so the fruitiness doesn't turn me off as much as it once did. Plus I just tried a blueberry oatmeal stout so this isn't much weirder than that.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3774
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Turning wine into beer, this sounds interesting:

[url=http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16358/p/1
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16358/p/1[/quote[/url]]

Ya know, a few weeks ago I'd have gone "Ewwwwww" to this idea. But lately I've been discovering Belgian style ales and their inherent "fruitiness" from Belgian hops so the fruitiness doesn't turn me off as much as it once did. Plus I just tried a blueberry oatmeal stout so this isn't much weirder than that.

I had one of those blueberries once, good stuff. Also a hemp one. This looks far out though, interesting process.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Beer!   

Back to top Go down
 
Beer!
Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» No Beer Bands
» HELLO WORLD Album Lyrics
» List of all tabs on SCANDAL HEAVEN
» HELLO WORLD BAND SCORE TABS (PDF+GP5) [+Runners high]
» Kan Biiru chords

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: