Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf   Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:30 am

Good for me LOL! However, your right it should be cheaper. But then again isn't british Pounds higher than Euro's?
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 11575

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf   Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:30 am

Really looking forward to that bonus CD. I have the Rockhard Sacrament EP and "The Headless Cross" and "Nightcrawler" covers, both of which are on it, are excellent. I assume they will be the same versions.

Pretty much a straight cover, but it sounds like a Powerwolf song, you know.

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1589

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf   Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:59 am

Anyone else pick this up? I was going to wait, but finally caved and picked up the deluxe ed at FYE.

This is probably backwards of me, but I listened to the bonus disc of covers first and have to say the whole package is worth the price of admission for it alone. It's a varied tracklist (though two Priest "Painkiller" tracks) and covers material you don't often see on "influences" covers discs.

As for the album itself, I need to give it a closer listen, but it's got a lot of vitality and doesn't overstay its welcome. Thinking it's going to fix itself as a good one in the long run.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf   Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:31 am

I got this album and it's really good.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3666

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf   Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:08 am

I finally added Preachers of the Night and Blessed & Possessed to my collection (2nd hand, both came with bonus discs). Especially that covers disc looks great just based on the track list alone!

Now that I have all the studio albums, I'll rank them after a few more spins.

What do you guys think are the best Powerwolf albums?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5778

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf   Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:49 am

Lari wrote:
I finally added Preachers of the Night and Blessed & Possessed to my collection (2nd hand, both came with bonus discs). Especially that covers disc looks great just based on the track list alone!

Now that I have all the studio albums, I'll rank them after a few more spins.

What do you guys think are the best Powerwolf albums?

I am interested in the blessed & possessed bonus cd. Lots of classics in there.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3666

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf   Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm slowly digesting the last two albums. All I can say now is that's it's all great quality stuff.

I mean, a band that in essence is just a church organ, face paint and a very basic style heavy metal ensemble SHOULD NOT BE THIS GOOD! I can't wrap my brain around it. But they have that something special. A great sense and understanding of music and melody. They know what they are doing. They have vision. Others try, Powerwolf makes it happen. And then they go totally over the top and create something awesome and memorable. I first got into the band 3 years ago, and now hearing those early albums make me feel nostalgic. Something a 37-year-old should not feel about music made in this decade.

Coleus Sanctus is a great track. Sacred & Wild, insanely catchy verse. These guys know how to make music that appeals to... well, ME... but I assume to others as well since they went #1 in Germany. It's just awesome heavy metal, with nothing that hasn't been done before (except maybe the church organ, but that's not why they are awesome). It's great. I'm a fan. I would love to see these guys live. The music seems absolutely perfect for a live show.

As an added bonus, I like the latin and Romanian lyrics, and connection (my wife was born in Romania), so stuff like Armata Strigoi appeals to her even if she usually hates the "cheese metal I listen to".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powerwolf   

Back to top Go down

Powerwolf
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: