HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Amazon haul!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 169
Age : 45

PostSubject: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Kinda went crazy and had a little shopping spree over the last two weeks. Some used, some new with cheap prices, with a few exceptions. Here's what I got:

Evildead- Annihilation of Civilization w/Rise Above EP as bonus tracks (this one wasn't cheap, but it was worth it)
Toxik- World Circus
Uncle Slam- Will Work For Food
D.R.I.- Four of a Kind
D.R.I.- Thrash Zone
Dio- Holy Diver remastered gold AF version
Exodus- Pleasures of the Flesh
Exodus- Tempo of the Damned (I have a promo, but wanted the real deal)
Heretic- Breaking Point
Leatherface- Original Soundtrack
Pitiful Reign- Visual Violence
Kreator- Extreme Aggression
Galactic Cowboys- S/T (replacing Geffen Goldline budget version with original pressing)
Overkill- Years of Decay
Overkill- W.F.O.
Hyades- And The Worst Is Yet To Come
Gama Bomb- Citizen Brain w/DVD
Anthrax- Among the Living
Demonica- Demonstrous (twin guitar team of Hank Shermann & Craig Locicero = kickass!)
Gin Blossoms- Dusted
Gas Giants- From Beyond the Back Burner (Gin Blossoms singer's band)
Earl Greyhound- EP
Earl Greyhound- Soft Targets
Earl Greyhound- Suspicious Package
The Dickies- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Get Thrashed- DVD

All the "classic" stuff on this list is stuff I used to have, but never replaced after losing everything in a house fire about twelve years ago. Some of them were things I actually thought I had (I have a lot of CDs), but when I got on a thrash kick recently, I was surprised to see them missing. Anyway, this little haul should tide me over for a few days. listening to music
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12810
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Just an FYI - music/dvd purchases go in this thread:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17323p475-music-haul-cd-vinyl-dvd-purchases-2012

Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 254
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Looks like a pretty good list to me. It's got thrash. So I'd be satisfied too. Tempo of the damned would be the only one I wouldn't listen to I think out of the bUnch. Years of Decay is in its self a gold find. I had to download it from emusic to get my hands on it again.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 169
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:17 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Just an FYI - music/dvd purchases go in this thread:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17323p475-music-haul-cd-vinyl-dvd-purchases-2012


oops. Thanks for the heads up, man.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 169
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Coram Deo wrote:
Years of Decay is in its self a gold find. I had to download it from emusic to get my hands on it again.

Really? I think it's still in print. It's readily available on Amazon for cheap.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32261
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Sweet haul, dude.

...meanwhile I haven't gotten a single new CD yet in 2012, and it's almost March already. *SIGH*

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 169
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:24 pm

That's okay, Freddy. Based on your past posts, I'm pretty sure you already own every CD ever made. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32261
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Infinite wrote:
That's okay, Freddy. Based on your past posts, I'm pretty sure you already own every CD ever made. Smile

Laughing very hard Not exactly, but I guess I must own most of the good ones. Very Happy

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 169
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Infinite wrote:
That's okay, Freddy. Based on your past posts, I'm pretty sure you already own every CD ever made. Smile

Laughing very hard Not exactly, but I guess I must own most of the good ones. Very Happy

A good chunk of the mediocre ones are in my collection. NO CD LEFT BEHIND! NOT ON MY WATCH!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24625
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sweet haul, dude.

...meanwhile I haven't gotten a single new CD yet in 2012, and it's almost March already. *SIGH*

You should give the new Van Halen a chance. Even if you're not a slobbering fan-boy, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's just a fun, upbeat rock record.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32261
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Sweet haul, dude.

...meanwhile I haven't gotten a single new CD yet in 2012, and it's almost March already. *SIGH*

You should give the new Van Halen a chance. Even if you're not a slobbering fan-boy, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's just a fun, upbeat rock record.

It's on my list to check out along with the forthcoming Overkill and Accept CDs... I just have to wait till I have time, and some extra disposable income, to do some CD shopping. (crosses fingers) Come on, tax refund! Daddy needs a new pair of shoes and some new CDs!

Infinite wrote:
A good chunk of the mediocre ones are in my collection. NO CD LEFT BEHIND! NOT ON MY WATCH!

If I had hung onto every "mediocre" CD that I've ever traded/sold/passed on to others over the years, my collection would probably be twice as large as it is...and my wife would hate them even more than she already does. (i.e. "Are you EVER going to stop buying those damn things? Your CD cabinet takes up too much damn space in the dining room!") Very Happy

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/


Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
avatar

Number of posts : 8083
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Nice Haul! I really dig Hyades.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 169
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

If I had hung onto every "mediocre" CD that I've ever traded/sold/passed on to others over the years, my collection would probably be twice as large as it is...and my wife would hate them even more than she already does. (i.e. "Are you EVER going to stop buying those damn things? Your CD cabinet takes up too much damn space in the dining room!") Very Happy

I hear ya. I outgrew a monster-sized shelf that takes up an entire wall, a smaller shelf, and four towers a few years ago. Now I've got about a half dozen boxes piled up in my music room. And the collection's still growing at an alarming rate. Pretty soon I won't be able to get in the door.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3361
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Quote :
Heretic- Breaking Point

That one is tops on my amazon want list. Almost never seen a copy available going on almost a year. And that Dickies ep is so much fun. Love the Dickies. Good haul.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:28 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Just an FYI - music/dvd purchases go in this thread:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17323p475-music-haul-cd-vinyl-dvd-purchases-2012


I moved the thread to Collector's Corner.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 22761
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:24 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :
Heretic- Breaking Point

That one is tops on my amazon want list. Almost never seen a copy available going on almost a year. And that Dickies ep is so much fun. Love the Dickies. Good haul.

Is that album still in print? If it is, I might get it on my next CD haul. If not, are there any plans for a reissue of that or Torture Knows No Boundary?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Amazon haul!   

Back to top Go down
 
Amazon haul!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» FIXED ..Amazon Digital Preorder Link for Fallen with samples
» Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)
» Michael D.R.I.V.E.
» Desert Storm & Saxon Sound JungleTape Pack
» Best Of Mahavishnu Orchestra CD & New Box Set

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Collector's Corner-
Jump to: