HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New Trailer for "The Avengers"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30927
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Mon May 28, 2012 6:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I will see the new MiB though when it's out on DVD. I just enjoy the crap outta the concept of that franchise. It's more like the comic books I read as a kid.

Didja know "Men in Black" was a comic book long before it was a movie? Tr00 chiz. It started out as a black & white indie book in 1990 before it eventually became part of the Marvel stable:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Men_in_Black_(comics)


_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25819
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Mon May 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I will see the new MiB though when it's out on DVD. I just enjoy the crap outta the concept of that franchise. It's more like the comic books I read as a kid.

Didja know "Men in Black" was a comic book long before it was a movie? Tr00 chiz. It started out as a black & white indie book in 1990 before it eventually became part of the Marvel stable:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Men_in_Black_(comics)

lol! That makes perfect sense! It's exactly the kind of comic books I used to buy as a kid; anything with monsters and/or aliens.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Joss Whedon has now officially signed on to write/direct the next Avengers film.

Joss has also been hired to create a new "Marvel-based" TV series for ABC, no further details as of yet.

Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20317
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Here's what I've seen about the show :

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abc-marvel-avengers-themed-tv-series/





Doesn't sound too promising to me but it's still early and alot can be changed from now until the final product is revealed.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22387
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:13 pm

they should do the series with other avengers...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 305
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:01 am

007 wrote:
Here's what I've seen about the show :

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abc-marvel-avengers-themed-tv-series/





Doesn't sound too promising to me but it's still early and alot can be changed from now until the final product is revealed.

Something like "Heroes For Hire", post-M Day "X Factor", or even "Damage Control"(construction company that cleans up after super hero melees) could work for TV. Or better yet...

Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20317
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 am

I'd be most interested in a SHIELD-based series if no super heroes would be involved. That seems to me to have the most potential.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22387
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:37 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
007 wrote:
Here's what I've seen about the show :

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abc-marvel-avengers-themed-tv-series/





Doesn't sound too promising to me but it's still early and alot can be changed from now until the final product is revealed.

Something like "Heroes For Hire", post-M Day "X Factor", or even "Damage Control"(construction company that cleans up after super hero melees) could work for TV. Or better yet...


I could go or WCA, but to be honest I would just rather them make Secret Wars into a movie Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:52 pm

There is a ton of speculation going on surrounding this new TV series, but no official word from either Whedon or ABC. It could be in the very earliest stages of development so who knows when it will finally come out.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is one of the most rumored possibilities, the other most mentioned is AKA Jessica Jones, which was considered awhile back for a series but didn't pan out.

I've also heard mention of Heroes For Hire, Black Panther and several others.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20317
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 pm

I actually think the Black Panther would also be a great series and with no powers , no special effects needed, keeping the show's budget down.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 am

So now it appears that Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel for the next 3 years. From IMDB:

“Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015. As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers 2 as well as help develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe.”


That last sentence is very interesting, it most likely alludes to him having input into what Marvel projects go into development and also having a say into who writes/directs and possibly stars in them.

I bet he's getting paid a fortune because very few exclusive deals get signed by filmmakers these days.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22387
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
So now it appears that Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel for the next 3 years. From IMDB:

“Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015. As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel’s The Avengers 2 as well as help develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe.”


That last sentence is very interesting, it most likely alludes to him having input into what Marvel projects go into development and also having a say into who writes/directs and possibly stars in them.

I bet he's getting paid a fortune because very few exclusive deals get signed by filmmakers these days.

that is interesting. I think he will be good for Marvel.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30927
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:43 pm

"The Avengers" comes to DVD/Blu-Ray on Sept. 25th... so hey, cool, I'll finally get to see the damn thing. Very Happy I'll be first on line at the RedBox machine!!

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4201
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Maybe Heroes for Hire? Marvel Knights? Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, etc, oh yeah.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Avengers" comes to DVD/Blu-Ray on Sept. 25th... so hey, cool, I'll finally get to see the damn thing. Very Happy I'll be first on line at the RedBox machine!!

There is an extended Director's Cut that should be included in the DVD & blu-ray sets and might also play in theaters later this month. The film was shortened (by Whedon) so that more screenings could happen in the theaters per day. The longer version is actually his preferred version and it was always intended to be included in the home release. The Director's Cut is 25 minutes longer and brings the running time to 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22387
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Avengers" comes to DVD/Blu-Ray on Sept. 25th... so hey, cool, I'll finally get to see the damn thing. Very Happy I'll be first on line at the RedBox machine!!

There is an extended Director's Cut that should be included in the DVD & blu-ray sets and might also play in theaters later this month. The film was shortened (by Whedon) so that more screenings could happen in the theaters per day. The longer version is actually his preferred version and it was always intended to be included in the home release. The Director's Cut is 25 minutes longer and brings the running time to 3 hours.

nice! I am looking forward to it.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20317
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Check this out. I'd love to have it.




http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083SBMGW/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=collidercom-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&adid=1WRTJ558YGEZSSPW9YWC&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0083SBMGW
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15743
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Avengers" comes to DVD/Blu-Ray on Sept. 25th... so hey, cool, I'll finally get to see the damn thing. Very Happy I'll be first on line at the RedBox machine!!

There is an extended Director's Cut that should be included in the DVD & blu-ray sets and might also play in theaters later this month. The film was shortened (by Whedon) so that more screenings could happen in the theaters per day. The longer version is actually his preferred version and it was always intended to be included in the home release. The Director's Cut is 25 minutes longer and brings the running time to 3 hours.

nice! I am looking forward to it.

So am I. I'm also ready to see it in the theater again as it should be at the discount matinee.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 994
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:26 pm

exact33 wrote:

I would just rather them make Secret Wars into a movie Smile
Yes! That would be just awesome!
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 626
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Whedon is an awesome director! He's definitely up there with Brad Bird and Nolan
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:12 am

EmoElmo wrote:
Whedon is an awesome director! He's definitely up there with Brad Bird and Nolan

Great director and a superb writer, particularly of dialogue. Whedon is definitely one of my favorites in Hollywood.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22387
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 am

adrian wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I would just rather them make Secret Wars into a movie Smile
Yes! That would be just awesome!

yep. Talk about a gigantic action flick!!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 am

Quote :
"Damage Control"(construction company that cleans up after super hero melees) could work for TV

That could have lotsa potential. Noone thinks about the aftermath of a super hero showdown in mid-town.

A clean-up crew that has to restore things back to normal after super heroes trash the joint. Filling Hulk-sized potholes in the street, cleaning ekto-goo off of buildings after an alien explosion, scrapping used webbing off of cars. The possibilites are endless.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30927
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:54 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
"Damage Control"(construction company that cleans up after super hero melees) could work for TV.

"Damage Control" was a great comic series, I could definitely see it as a TV show!

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 626
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:39 pm

I just watched a horror flick last night written by Whedon called "A Cabin in The Woods", it was weird and fun, silight rip-off to "The Hunger Games" though, but overall it was a good movie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Trailer for "The Avengers"   

Back to top Go down
 
New Trailer for "The Avengers"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Fireflight's trailer was stolen
» Captain America & Avengers
» Red song "Pieces" used in movie trailer
» Ps4 Trailer? is this true or false?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: