HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 16025
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
This one got left off my haul:


Members of Confessor...dark/tech/prog stuff...

How is it?

It's really good, IMO. Some of the music was meant for Confessor before the singer left, so it has that vibe. Much like Confessor, it's like a Doomy Watchtower...but the vocals on Fly Machine aren't as high and wailing...but still clean.

I'll have to add it to my ever growing wants list.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19920
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
The Donna's - Spend the Night (SACD)

That's a great one!!

There's like 4 copies of that in the $1 bin at my used store...LOL!

Pick it up! It's good rock'n fun. A buncha cute chicks who sound like 70s KISS and the Ramones in a blender.


Shawn!! Listen to this man!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 16373
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:13 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
The Donna's - Spend the Night (SACD)

That's a great one!!

There's like 4 copies of that in the $1 bin at my used store...LOL!

Pick it up! It's good rock'n fun. A buncha cute chicks who sound like 70s KISS and the Ramones in a blender.


Shawn!! Listen to this man!

I will back these guys up. Those chicks know how to rock! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11613
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:20 pm

You guys ever heard The Flairs?



They play the same kind of punk-meets-hard-rock that The Donnas play. They even attempt a cover of "18 & Life."



It's pretty good. She even attempts that breakdown wail, which is pretty much where every other band that covers this song shits the bed.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 16373
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You guys ever heard The Flairs?



They play the same kind of punk-meets-hard-rock that The Donnas play. They even attempt a cover of "18 & Life."



It's pretty good. She even attempts that breakdown wail, which is pretty much where every other band that covers this song shits the bed.

A female fronted band called Hydrogen did that song, but the woman didn't even attemp the breakdown wail (niether do I, I sound like a mouse on helium when I try something like that).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11613
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:54 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
A female fronted band called Hydrogen did that song, but the woman didn't even attemp the breakdown wail (niether do I, I sound like a mouse on helium when I try something like that).
You might be thinking of another band, because she nailed that part on the Hydrogyn cover.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 16373
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
A female fronted band called Hydrogyn did that song, but the woman didn't even attemp the breakdown wail (niether do I, I sound like a mouse on helium when I try something like that).
You might be thinking of another band, because she nailed that part on the Hydrogyn cover.

I don't remember that, but of course the album was so bland I never gave it another listen. I'll probably have to revisit that one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11613
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
A female fronted band called Hydrogyn did that song, but the woman didn't even attemp the breakdown wail (niether do I, I sound like a mouse on helium when I try something like that).
You might be thinking of another band, because she nailed that part on the Hydrogyn cover.
I don't remember that, but of course the album was so bland I never gave it another listen. I'll probably have to revisit that one.
Bland? Man, that album is fantastic! Their debut, Best Served With Volume, is kind of bland. But "18 & Life" isn't on that one. Bombshell and Deadly Passion are excellent, though. My opinion, of course.

I do need to buy their latest two. Maybe I'll go do that now, if they're cheap. =)

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27716
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
The Donna's - Spend the Night (SACD)

That's a great one!!

There's like 4 copies of that in the $1 bin at my used store...LOL!

Pick it up! It's good rock'n fun. A buncha cute chicks who sound like '70s KISS and the Ramones in a blender.

I hear some AC/DC in that Spend THe Night disc too. Great stuff. Their others after that are decent enough but I think StN is their best one.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22616
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
The Donna's - Spend the Night (SACD)

That's a great one!!

There's like 4 copies of that in the $1 bin at my used store...LOL!

Pick it up! It's good rock'n fun. A buncha cute chicks who sound like '70s KISS and the Ramones in a blender.

I hear some AC/DC in that Spend THe Night disc too. Great stuff. Their others after that are decent enough but I think StN is their best one.

it is quite good!

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12810
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:48 am

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
The Donna's - Spend the Night (SACD)

That's a great one!!

There's like 4 copies of that in the $1 bin at my used store...LOL!

Pick it up! It's good rock'n fun. A buncha cute chicks who sound like '70s KISS and the Ramones in a blender.

I hear some AC/DC in that Spend THe Night disc too. Great stuff. Their others after that are decent enough but I think StN is their best one.

it is quite good!

Yep, I agree too
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3361
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:36 am

And once you get Spend The Night go and get their other releases. All good stuff.

From gohastings

Artillery - My Blood
Narnia - The Great Fall
Redemption - The Fullness Of Time
Mystic Prophecy - Savage Souls
Mystic Prophecy - Never Ending
Warrior - The Ways Of God And Men
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7632
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Accept- Stalingrad
Philip Lynott- Solo In Soho
Prong- Carved In Stone

_________________
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11613
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Today:

Anathema - Weather Systems
Mindless Self Indulgence - Tighter
Prong - Carved Into Stone
Seasick Steve - Write Me A Few Lines (7" EP)
Trixter - New Audio Machine (w/Bonus Track)
Tyketto - Dig In Deep

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7632
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Today:
Prong - Carved Into Stone

I only listened to about the 8th song but I really like this. Sounds like Prong as apposed to the last album.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11613
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Today:
Prong - Carved Into Stone
I only listened to about the 8th song but I really like this. Sounds like Prong as apposed to the last album.
The remix album or Power Of The Damager? I thought the latter was very good. I listened to the first couple tracks of this one, and it sounds great.

The Trixter album is excellent, believe it or not.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27716
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:

The Trixter album is excellent, believe it or not.

I vote not.

Haven't heard it but I have the debut and other than "Give It To Me Good" I can't recall a thing about it.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11613
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

The Trixter album is excellent, believe it or not.
I vote not.
Can't imagine why any fan of 80s rock would dislike it. It's a more mature hard rock album than their early albums.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Audio-Machine/dp/B007TJSOUS

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27716
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:08 pm

I'll check it out but I'm still skeptical.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 16373
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:21 pm

I like the two Trixter albums I have so I'm sure I'll like the new one. I also want to get the new Crazy Lixx and several others. However, I may have to extend my no CD buy probation as I just ordered quite a few t-shirts recently.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11613
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:23 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I like the two Trixter albums I have so I'm sure I'll like the new one. I also want to get the new Crazy Lixx and several others. However, I may have to extend my no CD buy probation as I just ordered quite a few t-shirts recently.
Frontiers baffles me. The Trixter and Tyketto discs were on sale for $11.88, but the Crazy Lixx disc was $17.99. WTF?

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27716
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:16 am

Crazy Lixx - Riot Avenue

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22616
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 am

Eyesore wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Today:
Prong - Carved Into Stone
I only listened to about the 8th song but I really like this. Sounds like Prong as apposed to the last album.
The remix album or Power Of The Damager? I thought the latter was very good. I listened to the first couple tracks of this one, and it sounds great.

The Trixter album is excellent, believe it or not.

it is. I am looking forward to getting it.

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7632
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Today:
Prong - Carved Into Stone
I only listened to about the 8th song but I really like this. Sounds like Prong as apposed to the last album.
The remix album or Power Of The Damager? I thought the latter was very good. I listened to the first couple tracks of this one, and it sounds great.

The Trixter album is excellent, believe it or not.

Power Of The Damager. I didn't count the remix album.

_________________
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13862
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:27 pm

Doomsword- Resound The Horn
Steel Vengeance - Live Among The Dead
V/A - Heavy Metal Obscurities, The Vinyl Years - N.W.O.B.H.M. Vol. 1
Liberty 'N' Justice - Hell is Coming To Breakfast
TT Quick - Metal Of Honor
Iron Maiden - En Vivo!

The last two, courtesy of MetalGuy!!!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   

Back to top Go down
 
MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012
Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Music Station (2012.09.14)
» SCANDAL @ Happy Music LIVE 2012
» Dennis Chambers Clinic - Daddy's Junky Music, Boston
» For those with music boomerang account
» WTB: The Royal Scots music book...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Collector's Corner-
Jump to: