55%
 55% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss

Number of posts : 19402

PostSubject: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Thu May 31, 2012 11:55 am

Who is the greatest American rock n Roll Band? Van Halen or Aerosmith?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Thu May 31, 2012 11:57 am

Both bands have swing, both bands have iconic larger then life frontmen, both bands have let ego sometimes get in the way of common sense, IMO both bands can be called America's greatest rock n roll band, but in this poll, two bands enter, only one band leaves.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12799

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 pm

From these two, gotta go with Van Halen - I am a bigger fan of VH than Aerosmith
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 19868

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 pm

Of the 2, Van Halen. I've always found Aerosmith to be rather boring.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4959

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Thu May 31, 2012 4:24 pm

My vote went to Aerosmith.

I've never been a huge fan of Van Halen, while Aerosmith was one of the first hard rock/metal bands I got into.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Thu May 31, 2012 4:25 pm

I voted for Aerosmith, because not once did they have Sammy Hagar write any of their lyrics.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12799

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Thu May 31, 2012 4:45 pm

manny wrote:
I voted for Aerosmith, because not once did they have Sammy Hagar write any of their lyrics.

I thought they would get you vote because Dick Wagner played on their albums....
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Thu May 31, 2012 5:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

I thought they would get you vote because Dick Wagner played on their albums....

That too!
Back to top Go down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Thu May 31, 2012 7:48 pm

Van Halen. Both bands are iconic, but there are more VH albums that I enjoy. Aerosmith I've always been more of a casual fan of.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju

Number of posts : 25723

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Thu May 31, 2012 7:57 pm

I picked Aerosmith because I can't stand VH after DLR left.

Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Aerosmith is the better band. Van Halen is boring and camp, despite a killer debut album. Aerosmith has stronger and more consistent songwriting, and incorporates more technically advanced musicianship. Listen to the rhythm sections in their classic albums, it's groove-laced blues-rock with swing and jazz sensibilities. Nobody else does that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Andy618
chewie
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5012

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 pm

I gotta go with VH, the DLR era.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 30797

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:58 pm

I'd have to go Aerosmith, I was a big fan of DLR era VH but stopped paying attention once he left the building. Of course, I stopped paying attention to Aerosmith by the early 90s as well, but I still love their vintage stuff.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I still own more Aerosmith CDs than I do VH CDs

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5012

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'd have to go Aerosmith, I was a big fan of DLR era VH but stopped paying attention once he left the building. Of course, I stopped paying attention to Aerosmith by the early 90s as well, but I still love their vintage stuff.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I still own more Aerosmith CDs than I do VH CDs

That's how I did my scientific calculation as well. I have all the classic VH's and one Aerosmith, Rock In A Hard Place(which is an awesome album).
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag

Number of posts : 9634

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:30 am

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

So Manny really likes Dick ?

Number of posts : 11694

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:47 am

Van Halen
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22353

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:40 pm

VH. I am not a big Aerosmith fan.

Metal Wanker

Number of posts : 4619

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Tough one but VH by a hair as those first few albums were stellar rock n roll.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat

Number of posts : 9085

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 pm

Aerosmith. i love both bands dearly, but Aero have a steadier record.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 14652

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:39 am

Aerosmith here too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict

Number of posts : 15732

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:06 am

I like both versions of VH, but I enjoy more Aerosmith songs/albums.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23768

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Hmmmm, that proved tougher than I thought.

I went with Aerosmith even though I've been on a major DLR-era Van Halen kick lately. Those albums were all just so good. All killer, no filler.

Aerosmith got the nod though just because I've been a fan for slightly longer.

mini boss
mini boss

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:28 pm

James B. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

So Manny really likes Dick ?

Laughing very hard Ya Bastard!!!!
Back to top Go down
gitters
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Aerosmith, very few clunkers in almost 40 years. Van Halen's legacy rests mainly on "Van Halen" & "1984" the other albums are average.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3231

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 pm

VH

Not that I'm an expert on 'greatness' or 'american rock n roll', I just like their sound better. VH1 is possibly the best heavy metal album of the 70s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band   

Back to top Go down

Van Halen vs Aerosmith, the greatest American Rock n Roll Band
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next