HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 285
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:01 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
"No excuse", followed by an excuse.

Your O-Line is in shambles. They need to quit crying on twitter and hit some sleds.

Yes, because we all know Vikings fans never have excuses and their players never whine. Uh-huh....

I follow all Vikings players who have twiiter pages, and have yet to hear them talk about anything but the game. I'm sure they complain sometimes, but nothing like this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/tj-lang-replacement-refs-twitter-packers-seahawks_n_1911581.html

Classy. They're the only team ever to get boned by the refs, right?

Even packers fans should see all the commercials and tweets and realize they're coasting on what they have done. They had better pull their heads out of their butts, we are past the quarter pole.

Quote :
I'm not saying it was an excuse. I'm just saying it didn't help. They should have won the game. You can't blow an 18-pt lead. There is no excuse for that.

I also think you need to quit whining about the Packers whining.

If the sky is blue, and I say it 5 times, am I whining?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2873
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:41 am

Big Rich wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
"No excuse", followed by an excuse.

Your O-Line is in shambles. They need to quit crying on twitter and hit some sleds.

Yes, because we all know Vikings fans never have excuses and their players never whine. Uh-huh....

I follow all Vikings players who have twiiter pages, and have yet to hear them talk about anything but the game. I'm sure they complain sometimes, but nothing like this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25/tj-lang-replacement-refs-twitter-packers-seahawks_n_1911581.html

Classy. They're the only team ever to get boned by the refs, right?

Even packers fans should see all the commercials and tweets and realize they're coasting on what they have done. They had better pull their heads out of their butts, we are past the quarter pole.

Quote :
I'm not saying it was an excuse. I'm just saying it didn't help. They should have won the game. You can't blow an 18-pt lead. There is no excuse for that.

I also think you need to quit whining about the Packers whining.

If the sky is blue, and I say it 5 times, am I whining?

There are fans that don't like an organization or its players, yet MOST can find a way to be objective when an injustice was done, such as the Monday Night Football debacle in Seattle. I determined it was in my best interest to stay out of that discussion on here that next day, since you actually believed the calls evened out, and that Seattle were screwed by the refs just as much as the Packers. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is obvious that the loathsome feelings that you have towards the Packers doesn't allow you to see the forest through the trees, so to speak. Outside of the Chicago Cubs fan base, Vikings fans seem to fall prey to having a humongous inferiority complex, when it comes to other very successful organizations and their rich history. Heck, your fans (Vikings) usually bring up the success of the Packers as it pertains to our history more than we do. Look no further than your statement above. I suppose, I could exhibit those same tendencies as a Brewers fan when it comes to my interactions with let's say Cardinals fans, but I choose not to go that route. I choose to rise above all that, and engage people in a friendlier tone, EVEN if I'm extremely envious of the Cardinals and their overall success as an organization, or their ability to have beaten the Brewers in their two most important meetings in team history.

One can usually tell a lot about another fan when their team is successful. The Vikings won on Sunday, and the Packers lost on Sunday. Your team is 4-1, and the Packers are 2-3. So, how do you start your Monday off on here? "So, Packers fans, who are you going to blame this time?" You complained about a Packers fan in your experience when going up to Lambeau Field (..or as you call it Lamblow Field), but in reality are you not probably that same guy, who dons a Vikings jersey? Do you even understand that you engage in a caustic manner? How do you picture yourself as a fan, because you don't seem to be approachable in the least bit. You seem to be that guy in the bar, who is louder than everyone else, who spends more energy in rooting for the Packers to lose, then that of rooting on the Vikings to win. I'm sorry I just don't ascribe to that, and I'm not sure how that translates to various other capacities in life...

Furthermore, I have to laugh at your sanctimonious contention as it pertains to how Vikings players and their fans are so holier than thou, which is beyond ludicrous. Yes, you have absolutely no malcontents on your team....EXCEPT the situation involving Chris Cook, your CB, who was arrested for felony domestic assault, after trying to strangle his girlfriend last year. Please, let's not even go there... If we want to talk about history, you have the party boat incident, the corrupt circuit judge, who had no business striking down a four game suspension involving the Williams'. Both should have been suspended during that 2009 season. Packers fans aren't going to cook the books, when it comes to the off the field incidents and their players, I.E; look no further than Eric Walden and Johnny Jolly. The Packers reside inside of a community where image means everything. It's a lot easier in a city like Minneapolis for an incident to get buried on page 6. With that being said, I don't think there's anyway of fully weeding out any potential criminal acts within the organization, especially when it pertains to building through the draft, which is how Ted Thompson acquires players these days. Most of the time, one never knows how an individual will act, until they get a little money in their hands.

I think it's funny that you take time out to read the Packers players remarks on twitter. To be honest, I'm not a masochist, so I won't be doing the same thing when it comes to the Vikings. I guess, I will have to take your word when it comes to the Vikings, and not whining. Then again, who complains when you're 4-1?
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 285
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 pm

I don't read any Packer players tweets, those were in the news, like that article. But I find it funny, after reading them, you just ignore their tears and whining and start bashing me.

I'm glad you rose above it all and didn't ramble on and on for 3 paragraphs doing the same thing to me you are crying about. That would've sucked.

And yes, I have always 'joked" around with the packer fans here, because like Bronto, most can take it, spit something back and roll with the punches. Not cry like a 3 year old who got his ball taken from him.

I personally don't care what you think I am in real life either. But you're right, I will talk smack to my friends about football. That's part of the fun. would i walk into a bar or Lamblow field, and start talking smack to people I don't know? Not gonna' happen.

Now quit crying. It's unbecoming.

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 285
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Oh, and we certainly do have an inferiority complex, and you guys have a superiority complex. That was my original point. Thanks for proving it.

I have no problem saying Vikings Nation is a complete and utter wreck. you guys are the ones in denial. You also haven't disputed that packer fans and players went way overboard complaining about one call, when they have been the beneficiary of so many.

So, in closing, I once again, tell you... to......


DEAL WITH IT!!

lol! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26244
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:05 pm


_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Did you guys see this?

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/10/22/3539862/san-diego-chargers-stickum-substance-banned

IMO, that's a much worse offense than "bountygate"/

They still make Stickum? I thought the company went under when the NFL banned it in the late 70's
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26244
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:34 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Did you guys see this?

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/10/22/3539862/san-diego-chargers-stickum-substance-banned

IMO, that's a much worse offense than "bountygate"/

They still make Stickum? I thought the company went under when the NFL banned it in the late 70's

Apparently not. Or the Chargers trainer stockpiled the stuff. Either way, I think this is a far more egregious breaking of the rules than "Bountygate". Everybody knows teams target other teams' premier players and try to take them out. IMO, trying to give your receivers an unfair advantage to hang on to the ball is worse.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21444
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:51 am

tohostudios wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Did you guys see this?

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/10/22/3539862/san-diego-chargers-stickum-substance-banned

IMO, that's a much worse offense than "bountygate"/

They still make Stickum? I thought the company went under when the NFL banned it in the late 70's

Apparently not. Or the Chargers trainer stockpiled the stuff. Either way, I think this is a far more egregious breaking of the rules than "Bountygate". Everybody knows teams target other teams' premier players and try to take them out. IMO, trying to give your receivers an unfair advantage to hang on to the ball is worse.


Lot of good it did them. They ended up blowing a 24 point lead in that game. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 167
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 pm

The Chargers are such a frustrating team. I can't believe they didn't fire Norv going into this season. How many times are they going to struggle early in the season, surge late, but finish just out of the playoffs? They are a very underachieving team.

Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 167
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Oh, and we certainly do have an inferiority complex, and you guys have a superiority complex. That was my original point. Thanks for proving it.

I have no problem saying Vikings Nation is a complete and utter wreck. you guys are the ones in denial. You also haven't disputed that packer fans and players went way overboard complaining about one call, when they have been the beneficiary of so many.

So, in closing, I once again, tell you... to......


DEAL WITH IT!!

lol! Laughing very hard

There are many ways to deal with things. It could be punching a pillow, eating ice cream, playing Mario Tennis, or listening to Stratovarius. I dealt with that loss by throwing my phone down and then did some complaining on this board. Does that make it wrong or me a whiner? Maybe, but as a fan that's happens when we care about something espcially when we KNOW we got screwed.

I also do no think you are being fair to how the players and fans reacted. Everyone was caught up in the emotion of the game and of course they are going to be angry and say things. Some of it may have been over the top, but still I think you would understand. And we all have dealt with it. The Pack have won 2 in a row and look to be on a roll now. And if we get screwed again somehow, then ur damn right I'm going to complain about it. I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't.

I just hope we can be friends Big Rich.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26244
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Well, to be fair, the Packers didn't have anything to complain about last weekend because they were playing my Rams. But give us a couple of years (and Washington's draft picks) and we'll talk again. Laughing

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 167
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Well, to be fair, the Packers didn't have anything to complain about last weekend because they were playing my Rams. But give us a couple of years (and Washington's draft picks) and we'll talk again. Laughing

I think the Rams have some potential. Jeff Fischer is a quality coach and you have a lot of nice draft picks from the Redskins. There is def. some talent there and if ur team keeps hitting on draft picks, then they will be good. Your division is winnable too. Only the 49ers scare me if the NFC West.

I don't think the Cardinals are that good and Seattle has a questionable offense.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4814
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Seattle has Carrol as coach so they will blow up in the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Official, Goodall approved, NFL 2012 Season Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» WINTER 2011-2012, ANIME LIST
» Any table tennis session on this weekends? 21,22 Apr 2012
» 2012.05.17 - O2 Arena, Dublin, Ireland
» Return To Forever 2CD and Bonus 5.1 DVD 2012
» Soul Clash Special 1 (3rd January 2012)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: