ultmetal
Administrator

Number of posts : 19443

PostSubject: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Just saw that on FB. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 30643

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Neat-O.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2069

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Glad I was available to pose for this coverart.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12799

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 13088

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Very cool!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3774

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Scott, are you sporting fangs?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Apparently. Haha!

The cover was drawn by comic book artist Dave Besanson and was commissioned by Roxx Records.

Master Sailboat

Number of posts : 9074

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:58 am

puts me in mind of the Murder by Pride cover for some reason. completely different than that though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 11043

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:21 am

Kane Roberts is back!

Much Cooler than the other 72

Number of posts : 7834

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:02 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23770

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:24 am

Bitchin'

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 am

Well, it's generating some strong opinions. People either love it or hate it. At least it's getting a reaction.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4069

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:33 am

I have a complaint....NO BULLET BELT!!???

headbanger
Very cool.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 966

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:17 am

ultmetal wrote:
Well, it's generating some strong opinions. People either love it or hate it. At least it's getting a reaction.

I was waiting so as not to be the first jerk, but I dislike the style of it quite a bit. That is, the artist's style... mainly the puffy face and weird skinny fingers of the left hand. The concept, though cheesy, if still appropriate. The logo, as always, is badass.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:37 am

They do have a great logo.

I'd say it's average. a little cartooney for me.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker

Number of posts : 4558

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:48 am

The fingers are kind of creepy. I'm not a huge fan of the cartoon cover but I know some like it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:09 pm

AchrisK wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I was waiting so as not to be the first jerk, but I dislike the style of it quite a bit. That is, the artist's style... mainly the puffy face and weird skinny fingers of the left hand. The concept, though cheesy, if still appropriate. The logo, as always, is badass.

You're not a jerk if you don't like something. That's what this forum is for, to voice opinions.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 pm

I could take or leave the artwork, but I think the Heart of Metal font is way too emo-screamo. It clashes with everything else in the image, you know.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I could take or leave the artwork, but I think the Heart of Metal font is way too emo-screamo. It clashes with everything else in the image, you know.

It's the font I picked for the box. It's that fancy "anniversary" font, but is all thrashed. I thought it worked but see your point.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:01 pm

Here's the original sketch...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
It's the font I picked for the box. It's that fancy "anniversary" font, but is all thrashed. I thought it worked but see your point.
I'm an artwork snob, dude. Haha.

Is there a price range for this one? And will it be an actual box? Kind of sick of buying so-called box sets and them turning out to be anything but that.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:37 pm

I love it, other than the face. The way the cheekbones are, combined with the shading makes the face look laughably bad compared to the rest of it.
Thats just me though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I'm an artwork snob, dude. Haha.

Is there a price range for this one? And will it be an actual box? Kind of sick of buying so-called box sets and them turning out to be anything but that.

Yes, Roxx is having a box made up. The box will fit the three CDs and DVD stacked, along with all the inserts and extras. The box will be black with white lettering and a silver embossed Ultimatum logo. They will be hand numbered 1-100.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Word.

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...   

Back to top Go down

Ultimatum - Heart of Metal cover art...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next