HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22393
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
I would not be interested in buying anything tate comes up with.
I won't go that far, and I am one of the few people on the planet that not only bought his solo album but actually enjoyed it.
Yeah, his solo debut is not bad...
Not bad, not great. Maybe not even really good. Just okay, I guess.

those are my feelings too. I am not nearly as critical of the solo stuff since i know its not metal.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30943
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:45 pm

I bought Tate's first solo album at a yard sale a couple of years ago. I knew going into it that it wasn't gonna be "metal" but I hoped at least it'd be interesting. It turned out to be an excellent sleeping pill!!

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15758
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I bought Tate's first solo album at a yard sale a couple of years ago. I knew going into it that it wasn't gonna be "metal" but I hoped at least it'd be interesting. It turned out to be an excellent sleeping pill!!

QFT!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9645
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Tate should just come out of the closet and market "herself" to that artsy fartsy crowd

_________________
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22393
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 pm

James B. wrote:
Tate should just come out of the closet and market "herself" to that artsy fartsy crowd

not with that haircut!!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15758
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:53 pm

James B. wrote:
Tate should just come out of the closet and market "herself" to that artsy fartsy crowd

He could call himself Queen Of The R˙che. lol! ***

***BTW, Exact, he could always wear a wig.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30943
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Geoff Tate's sit down with Eddie "The Pillsbury Metal Boy" Trunk and The Twin Unfunny Doofuses on "That Metal Show" airs this Saturday night... should be an interesting chat...

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22393
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Geoff Tate's sit down with Eddie "The Pillsbury Metal Boy" Trunk and The Twin Unfunny Doofuses on "That Metal Show" airs this Saturday night... should be an interesting chat...

If i were him, I would have my lawyer sitting next to me...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:48 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Geoff Tate's sit down with Eddie "The Pillsbury Metal Boy" Trunk and The Twin Unfunny Doofuses on "That Metal Show" airs this Saturday night... should be an interesting chat...

If i were him, I would have my lawyer sitting next to me...

Probably a good idea!

I read on Blabbermouth that he just purchased his own tour bus.... and he will be using it to throw Queensryche under it....

And it's the same bus that the Eagles used on the Hotel California tour......
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30943
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:50 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I read on Blabbermouth that he just purchased his own tour bus.... and he will be using it to throw Queensryche under it....

And it's the same bus that the Eagles used on the Hotel California tour......

Yep, here's a pic of Geoff's road manager with the new lean mean tourin' machine!


_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Well, The Eagles hated each other and fought constantly during their last couple tours, so it seems appropriate in this case for Tate to buy the bus.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1095
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Kinda surprised no one thought of this yet but how about a band swap...

Geoff Tate joins Nevermore, and Warrel Dane joins Queensryche... all levels of a$$holness will then be possible and teh drama will reach new heights
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11090
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Kinda surprised no one thought of this yet but how about a band swap...

Geoff Tate joins Nevermore, and Warrel Dane joins Queensryche... all levels of a$$holness will then be possible and teh drama will reach new heights
You're surprised no one thought of that? lol!

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1095
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:58 am

If it were to happen, it is possible that things could work musically - although not sure how Tate would sound on Nevermore songs (especially Tate of today) but I think Warrel Dane would fit in very well with Queensryche's mid-late 80s sound.

In concept at least, Warrel's style would fit well with the material on the first 3 - 4 'ryche albums.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:08 am

Anyone catch the Mr. Clean Genie on TMS last night? I watched it and here are my thoughts:

Tate still seemed in shock that he was fired and he was in damage control mode
. Many times he came across as someone full of BS (he looked like he was lying to me). I was surprised to see he admitted that he attacked and spat on the band, especially considering his documents submitted to the court claim he did't (expect that clip to be aired as evidence of the case ever goes to trial)

He got in his "jabs" too, with the "going after the name" and "two Queesnryche" comments. Did anyone notice one of his last jabs during the TMS Vault segment? Tate said "I had just finished writing O:M" - I guess he forgot that the rest of the band (DeGarmo in particular) wrote most of it.

I would love to see the band and Tate work things out and be able to move on and release some great music. We'll know 100% if Tate was the one holding back Queensryche when they release the first La Torre fronted album.

Hopefully Queensryche will be on TMS next season to air their side of the story, like they did with LA Guns

Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20342
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:16 am

Missed that. I'll have to try and catch it on another airing.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6352
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Tate said "I had just finished writing O:M" - I guess he forgot that the rest of the band (DeGarmo in particular) wrote most of it.


Well, it's pretty widely known, even before all this happened and as far back as Promised Land, that Tate was the catalyst and conceptual creator of the Mindcrime story, characters, and mood. The band itself wrote the music, etc. But they've admitted in the past that Tate steered the ship for the entire O:M album/concept. So, in a sense, if we're talking about the story that the music is presenting, Tate did write it.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11090
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Tate said "I had just finished writing O:M" - I guess he forgot that the rest of the band (DeGarmo in particular) wrote most of it.
Well, it's pretty widely known, even before all this happened and as far back as Promised Land, that Tate was the catalyst and conceptual creator of the Mindcrime story, characters, and mood. The band itself wrote the music, etc. But they've admitted in the past that Tate steered the ship for the entire O:M album/concept. So, in a sense, if we're talking about the story that the music is presenting, Tate did write it.
Correct.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Tate said "I had just finished writing O:M" - I guess he forgot that the rest of the band (DeGarmo in particular) wrote most of it.


Well, it's pretty widely known, even before all this happened and as far back as Promised Land, that Tate was the catalyst and conceptual creator of the Mindcrime story, characters, and mood. The band itself wrote the music, etc. But they've admitted in the past that Tate steered the ship for the entire O:M album/concept. So, in a sense, if we're talking about the story that the music is presenting, Tate did write it.

But that is not what Tate was stating in the interview - he was stating (and has stated in interviews) that he wrote it - he came up with the concept and main story - DeGarmo helped him flesh out the story. He is presenting himself as he wrote the whole album and that's just not the case. Tate with help from DeGarmo wrote the storyline and Queensryche wrote the music/lyrics.

I'm just sick and tired of Tate acting like Mindcrime was all him, when in fact it was a Queensryche band effort.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22393
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Tate said "I had just finished writing O:M" - I guess he forgot that the rest of the band (DeGarmo in particular) wrote most of it.


Well, it's pretty widely known, even before all this happened and as far back as Promised Land, that Tate was the catalyst and conceptual creator of the Mindcrime story, characters, and mood. The band itself wrote the music, etc. But they've admitted in the past that Tate steered the ship for the entire O:M album/concept. So, in a sense, if we're talking about the story that the music is presenting, Tate did write it.

But that is not what Tate was stating in the interview - he was stating (and has stated in interviews) that he wrote it - he came up with the concept and main story - DeGarmo helped him flesh out the story. He is presenting himself as he wrote the whole album and that's just not the case. Tate with help from DeGarmo wrote the storyline and Queensryche wrote the music/lyrics.

I'm just sick and tired of Tate acting like Mindcrime was all him, when in fact it was a Queensryche band effort.

but i would give Tate the credit - he did all the concept and imagination parts. Degarmo may have helped but without Tate it wouldnt have come about in the first place.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:14 pm

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Tate said "I had just finished writing O:M" - I guess he forgot that the rest of the band (DeGarmo in particular) wrote most of it.


Well, it's pretty widely known, even before all this happened and as far back as Promised Land, that Tate was the catalyst and conceptual creator of the Mindcrime story, characters, and mood. The band itself wrote the music, etc. But they've admitted in the past that Tate steered the ship for the entire O:M album/concept. So, in a sense, if we're talking about the story that the music is presenting, Tate did write it.

But that is not what Tate was stating in the interview - he was stating (and has stated in interviews) that he wrote it - he came up with the concept and main story - DeGarmo helped him flesh out the story. He is presenting himself as he wrote the whole album and that's just not the case. Tate with help from DeGarmo wrote the storyline and Queensryche wrote the music/lyrics.

I'm just sick and tired of Tate acting like Mindcrime was all him, when in fact it was a Queensryche band effort.

but i would give Tate the credit - he did all the concept and imagination parts. Degarmo may have helped but without Tate it wouldnt have come about in the first place.

Always - and it is one of my favorite albums of all time! It's just that Tate has been trying to revise history and treat O:M like it was a Geoff Tate solo project!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22393
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:25 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Tate said "I had just finished writing O:M" - I guess he forgot that the rest of the band (DeGarmo in particular) wrote most of it.


Well, it's pretty widely known, even before all this happened and as far back as Promised Land, that Tate was the catalyst and conceptual creator of the Mindcrime story, characters, and mood. The band itself wrote the music, etc. But they've admitted in the past that Tate steered the ship for the entire O:M album/concept. So, in a sense, if we're talking about the story that the music is presenting, Tate did write it.

But that is not what Tate was stating in the interview - he was stating (and has stated in interviews) that he wrote it - he came up with the concept and main story - DeGarmo helped him flesh out the story. He is presenting himself as he wrote the whole album and that's just not the case. Tate with help from DeGarmo wrote the storyline and Queensryche wrote the music/lyrics.

I'm just sick and tired of Tate acting like Mindcrime was all him, when in fact it was a Queensryche band effort.

but i would give Tate the credit - he did all the concept and imagination parts. Degarmo may have helped but without Tate it wouldnt have come about in the first place.

Always - and it is one of my favorite albums of all time! It's just that Tate has been trying to revise history and treat O:M like it was a Geoff Tate solo project!

well i would agree with that. Tate didnt do it all by himself but for writing credits I would say he was the main writer.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30943
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:33 pm

I thought Tate came across surprisingly lucid on the "TMS" interview, considering that for the past few weeks in the press the band has been portraying him as a manic-depressive, spittle emitting control freak. Very Happy

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6352
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:48 pm

I would bet that lyrically Tate wrote that record...musically is another story. But when you couple his idea, story, characters and lyrics it's easy to take at face value that O:M was his baby. He obviously did not write the guitars, drums, bass, and play everything himself (he may have played some of the keys...he does sometimes)...so it's a band effort...but a band effort kicked off and driven by his idea.

Now, he's obviously trying to blur the edges at times by saying "I wrote" knowing full well there's a double meaning behind that.

It's like Sebastian Bach saying "I wrote (the song) Slave To The Grind..." He may have written some or all of the lyrics, and may have even had the vocal melody before there was any music...but he did not write it alone. It was a band effort spurred on by his idea.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7550
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:06 pm

I got to watch it last night. I was hoping they would have went more into other stuff but really what don't we already know from whats been on line. Theres 2 sides and always will be. He did say he would like to discuss things face to face and straighten things out. Maybe he just wants to make sure he spits on them full on haha. But whatever if they get back they get back if not who cares now. They both have to prove themselves that they can do without each other.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.phoenixreign.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE   

Back to top Go down
 
Geoff Tate's QUEENSRYCHE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: