HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19501
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:53 pm

'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21339
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:02 pm



Very good movie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15806
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:10 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Fun movie, great action sequences.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13232
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:57 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31122
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 am

"Crumb" (1994)



Terry Zwigoff's profile of the legendary underground comics artist Robert Crumb studies his life, his work and his extremely screwed up family in a sometimes disturbing but always engrossing documentary. If you've ever read Crumb's comic work you probably think he's some kind of porno-crazed, woman hatin' psychopath (and that's probably true to some extent), but ironically he's the most "normal" member of his clan. When you meet Robert's brothers, you'll be saying "Thank God I don't live next door to that guy."

Certainly not a film for everybody but if you're a Crumb fan you'll dig this.

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22458
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15806
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:37 pm

S.D. wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Fun movie, great action sequences.

I thought so too. The former Tommy Solomon was part of three fun movies this year: Looper, Premium Rush, and The Dark Knight Rises. I don't think anyone knew that back when Third Rock was around, that he would become an action star.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26082
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Seahawks vs Redskins

It's amazing how many games the Rams played against playoff teams. 3 games against these two alone, 2 more against San Fran plus Green Bay, Minnesota, New England; hell, half our season was against eventual playoff teams.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19501
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Crumb" (1994)



Terry Zwigoff's profile of the legendary underground comics artist Robert Crumb studies his life, his work and his extremely screwed up family in a sometimes disturbing but always engrossing documentary. If you've ever read Crumb's comic work you probably think he's some kind of porno-crazed, woman hatin' psychopath (and that's probably true to some extent), but ironically he's the most "normal" member of his clan. When you meet Robert's brothers, you'll be saying "Thank God I don't live next door to that guy."

Certainly not a film for everybody but if you're a Crumb fan you'll dig this.


I saw this movie in the movie theater, almost twenty years ago, it was interesting movie of a counter cultural icon that before the movie I knew next to nothing about.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 255
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Required Fields wrote:


Very good movie!
...i saw looper this weekend
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19501
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:16 pm

I finally watched my DVR recorded Kennedy Honor Ceremony, I actually enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9675
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Just watched "Prometheus" and was really bored. I would of rather had a story that prequeled this movie, honestly... Or they could of just used the last 1/2 hour of this movie and went from there. Either of those scenarios would of been more interesting.


_________________
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1635
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:24 pm

James B. wrote:
Just watched "Prometheus" and was really bored. I would of rather had a story that prequeled this movie, honestly... Or they could of just used the last 1/2 hour of this movie and went from there. Either of those scenarios would of been more interesting.



Not enough kid robot toys invading from space for ya? Wink
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9675
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
James B. wrote:
Just watched "Prometheus" and was really bored. I would of rather had a story that prequeled this movie, honestly... Or they could of just used the last 1/2 hour of this movie and went from there. Either of those scenarios would of been more interesting.



Not enough kid robot toys invading from space for ya? Wink


There is a place for all that stuff too. I expected a better done "story", "plot" and "character development" from a Ridley Scott film.


_________________
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21339
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:46 pm

The Hobbit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21339
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:46 pm

exact33 wrote:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail



Classic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31122
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:23 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Crumb" (1994)



Terry Zwigoff's profile of the legendary underground comics artist Robert Crumb studies his life, his work and his extremely screwed up family in a sometimes disturbing but always engrossing documentary. If you've ever read Crumb's comic work you probably think he's some kind of porno-crazed, woman hatin' psychopath (and that's probably true to some extent), but ironically he's the most "normal" member of his clan. When you meet Robert's brothers, you'll be saying "Thank God I don't live next door to that guy."

Certainly not a film for everybody but if you're a Crumb fan you'll dig this.


I saw this movie in the movie theater, almost twenty years ago, it was interesting movie of a counter cultural icon that before the movie I knew next to nothing about.

I'm a fan of his comics so I figured he had to be a pretty strange guy, but I honestly had no idea HOW weird he is in real life.

I found it funny that even while the hippie/counter culture of the late 60s embraced his work, he didn't fit in to that scene at all - he always dressed very conservatively/dorky, said he "hated" the music of that era, etc.

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:53 pm

James B. wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
James B. wrote:
Just watched "Prometheus" and was really bored. I would of rather had a story that prequeled this movie, honestly... Or they could of just used the last 1/2 hour of this movie and went from there. Either of those scenarios would of been more interesting.



Not enough kid robot toys invading from space for ya? Wink


There is a place for all that stuff too. I expected a better done "story", "plot" and "character development" from a Ridley Scott film.


That script was written, re-written and edited again and again by multiple writers and then Ridley made more changes. I've read Lindlehoff's first draft of his screenplay and it would have been a better film if they had just left it alone and filmed it that way.

Screenwriting by committee rarely makes for a good film.

I don't think the movie is bad, but it's also not nearly as good as it should have been considering the talent involved.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9675
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:01 pm

S.D. wrote:

I don't think the movie is bad, but it's also not nearly as good as it should have been considering the talent involved.


that is where I'm at....boring isn't an automatic bad in my book. I am still curious to see where they go with it, Like I said...two otions, the other humans and the ship taking off at the end..They can do either without really focusing on the "Alien" creatures much like they did in this film

_________________
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Originally Scott planned on not having any aliens at all in the film because he believes that has been played out...which is why they focused on earlier creatures no seen in the Alien series.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13862
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:33 am

The hobbit

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15806
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:43 am

The Drew Carey Show
Ax Men
Alaska State Troopers
Wild Alaska
The Drew Carey Show
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9675
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:43 am

Watched a show called Water Wars......man the government of India is planning to give Bangledesh the shaft and China can give it to both of them.

_________________
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15806
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 pm

This Morning:

Animal Cops Detroit

This Afternoon:

The Drew Carey Show
Animal Cops Detroit

This Evening:

Sienfield
WWE Raw: Mostly the same boring stuff, but Punk gave the best promo he has since his whiny heel turn. Of course nothing will top the 'pipebomb' that shocked the wrestling world, but it wasn't the same 'I deserve respect' stuff that has been getting so stale (not a knock on Punk, he's done the best he can with WWE ruining his character-i.e. turning him into a whiny coward).

Now:

Alaska State Troopers
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Black Scorpio v King Jammy's v Arrows v Youth Promotion: Cinema 2, Kingston. 1985. "Shock of the century clash!"
» Youth Promotion v Jammys v Scorpio v Arrows: Cinema 2. 2nd June 1985
» It's 'Rate Harry Potter Movies' Time!!!
» Fat Freddy's Dollar Store Cinema Spectaculars
» It is my honor to present to you all today......

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: