HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9640
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:27 am

The point about foriegn markets makes alot of sense and it is sad when CGI characters have more character and personality than the real actors. The actor who played Anakin in episodes 2 and 3 always seemed to be constipated when he said his lines. I've seen better/ more convincing delivery in elementary school plays, sheesh.

_________________
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15742
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:39 pm

James B. wrote:
The point about foriegn markets makes alot of sense and it is sad when CGI characters have more character and personality than the real actors. The actor who played Anakin in episodes 2 and 3 always seemed to be constipated when he said his lines. I've seen better/ more convincing delivery in elementary school plays, sheesh.

To be fair, the little kid in the 1st one wasn't any better. Why not get a bad actor to play an older version of a bad child actor? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3991
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I still haven't seen Abrams' "Star Trek" reboot, though I do have it recorded somewhere and will get to it eventually. Till I see that I think I'll reserve judgment.

I just saw if for the first time this past Sunday. I've never cared for Star Trek at all, and have never understood it's mass appeal. With that being said, I thought Abrams did a superb job on it. I'm not sure why it took me so long to see the reboot, since I had heard you really didn't need to be a Star Trek fan to enjoy this movie. Also, I loved "Lost", so I knew that J.J Abrams would do a great job of directing. I'm still pissed about the show "Alcatraz" getting the ax last year.

I've never been much of a "Trek" guy either, I've seen most of the previous feature films and the odd episode here and there, but that's about it.

I was curious about Abrams' new one when it first came out, I just never got around to it. I do like the idea of being able to watch a 'Star Trek' without having to know 40+ years of back story.

My Fiancee doesnt like Star Trek but she LOVED the JJ Abrams Star Trek movie and intends to see the sequel
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23826
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:15 am

Brace yourselves for a whole slew of Star Wars-related movies. All-Wookie-action anyone?

Quote :
Ready for some brand-new lore?

A new hope became a reality today when Disney CEO Robert Iger confirmed that the studio is going to be making a number of Star Wars spinoff films in addition to the planned trilogy that will pick up after the action of Return of the Jedi.

"We are working on a few stand-alone films, derived from great Star Wars characters that are not part of the overall saga," the chief executive said in a sit-down with CNBC.

Lawrence Kasdan, who penned Jedi and The Empire Strikes Back, and Simon Kinberg are working on the new projects as well as consulting with J.J. Abrams, who, after giving fans the slick run-around about his intentions, recently confirmed that he is directing Episode VII .

"The implications for Star Wars fans will be great," Iger promised—though he would not divulge details about which characters would be getting the feature treatment, saying he would leave the creative process to executive producer Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm.

"We have these great opportunities," he said, "because there are these good ideas out there and good creators interested in fleshing out these ideas, and we're going for it."

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12799
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Brace yourselves for a whole slew of Star Wars-related movies. All-Wookie-action anyone?


As long as they don't try this again:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30912
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:49 am

Rumor has it the first "stand alone" Star Wars flick will be a solo Yoda adventure.

Oh joy. Backwards sentences, a whole movie of! Yeeeeeeesssss!! Like THAT won't get annoying as hell after fifteen minutes or so.

I suppose it could be worse. It could've been "Star Wars Origins: Jar Jar Binks." "Meesa got mine own movie!"

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23826
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rumor has it the first "stand alone" Star Wars flick will be a solo Yoda adventure.

Oh joy. Backwards sentences, a whole movie of! Yeeeeeeesssss!! Like THAT won't get annoying as hell after fifteen minutes or so.

I suppose it could be worse. It could've been "Star Wars Origins: Jar Jar Binks." "Meesa got mine own movie!"

I vote for 'Han Solo: From Smuggler to Scoundrel'. Cool

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22384
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Brace yourselves for a whole slew of Star Wars-related movies. All-Wookie-action anyone?


As long as they don't try this again:


gosh. I had totally forgotten about that monstrosity. Thanks for making me remember it....

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22384
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rumor has it the first "stand alone" Star Wars flick will be a solo Yoda adventure.

Oh joy. Backwards sentences, a whole movie of! Yeeeeeeesssss!! Like THAT won't get annoying as hell after fifteen minutes or so.

I suppose it could be worse. It could've been "Star Wars Origins: Jar Jar Binks." "Meesa got mine own movie!"

maybe having Lucas hold tight key wasnt bad after all?

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3991
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 pm

I wouldnt mind a Yoda Origins movie but I think they should scrap the boba fett one they can incorporate that into the tv series thats been in the works since ep 3.

Wouldnt mind a canon Palpatine movie too maybe before he became senator to naboo.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22384
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Addy wrote:
I wouldnt mind a Yoda Origins movie but I think they should scrap the boba fett one they can incorporate that into the tv series thats been in the works since ep 3.

Wouldnt mind a canon Palpatine movie too maybe before he became senator to naboo.

if i ever have to see Jar Jar again it won't be pretty...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20229
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Boba Fett would be awesome.He was always my favorite character (when I was a kid I even saved up my proofs of purchases off other figures to order his figure early). But then again, once the mystery of it is revealed the legend loses it's luster.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1466
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I vote for 'Han Solo: From Smuggler to Scoundrel'. Cool

Scruffy-looking Scoundrel?

007 wrote:
Boba Fett would be awesome.He was always my favorite character (when I was a kid I even saved up my proofs of purchases off other figures to order his figure early). But then again, once the mystery of it is revealed the legend loses it's luster.

Sounds awesome. I had a Boba t-shirt when I was around nine years old, and would love to see how he progresses from sseing his dad killed on Geonosis to becoming a bounty hunter.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Michael Arndt has been relieved of his screenwriting duties on Star Wars VII, the screenplay will now be re-written by Lawrence Kasdan (co-writer of Empire Strikes Back) and J.J. Abrams.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22384
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:47 pm

S.D. wrote:
Michael Arndt has been relieved of his screenwriting duties on Star Wars VII, the screenplay will now be re-written by Lawrence Kasdan (co-writer of Empire Strikes Back) and J.J. Abrams.

if its anything like Empire I will be happy. I thought Empire was really good.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:10 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Michael Arndt has been relieved of his screenwriting duties on Star Wars VII, the screenplay will now be re-written by Lawrence Kasdan (co-writer of Empire Strikes Back) and J.J. Abrams.

if its anything like Empire I will be happy. I thought Empire was really good.
Kasdan is a great writer so I am confident it will be better than anything since Empire.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6133
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
Michael Arndt has been relieved of his screenwriting duties on Star Wars VII, the screenplay will now be re-written by Lawrence Kasdan (co-writer of Empire Strikes Back) and J.J. Abrams.

Kasdan's got skills. I'm very happy about this.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20229
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:01 am

Nice ! Empire is probably the best of the series so this is great news. This new flick should easily surpass the lackluster prequels (which I still enjoyed, nonetheless).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22384
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:55 pm

007 wrote:
Nice ! Empire is probably the best of the series so this is great news. This new flick should easily surpass the lackluster prequels (which I still enjoyed, nonetheless).
I liked Episode III a lot but the other two were pretty bad.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:36 pm

In an interview with cinematographer Daniel Mindel he stated that Star Wars Episode VII "will be shot on film using anamorphic lenses and will use real locations and scale models (in addition to some CGI) to more accurately capture the look and feel of the first 3 films".

Kathleen Kennedy has stated that CGI would only be used "when absolutely necessary".
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6133
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:10 pm

S.D. wrote:
In an interview with cinematographer Daniel Mindel he stated that Star Wars Episode VII "will be shot on film using anamorphic lenses and will use real locations and scale models (in addition to some CGI) to more accurately capture the look and feel of the first 3 films".

Kathleen Kennedy has stated that CGI would only be used "when absolutely necessary".
Although I'm not thrilled about ANY CGI in the movie, I'm still shocked that they're willing to take such a humble approach to please the demographic. Very happy about this.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:43 pm

CGI is just another tool and when used in conjunction with physical effects and real environments I have no problem with it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6133
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
CGI is just another tool and when used in conjunction with physical effects  and real environments I have no problem with it.
This is true. I'm just one of those "cankerous old men" who's madly stuck in that bygone era.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6521
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:30 am

S.D. wrote:


Kathleen Kennedy has stated that CGI would only be used "when absolutely necessary".
I've no problem with CGI but considering the amount of movies that have been made with no CGI at all, I'm struggling to think of a definition of 'Absolutely necessary'
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20229
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:12 am

CGI doesn't bother me. I'm sure a good budget helps but if it's done properly it looks awesome (such as in Jurassic Park). If done poorly, it really cheapens a movie and pulls me out of the film (see any SyFy movie).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film   

Back to top Go down
 
J.J. Abrams chosen to direct next Star Wars film
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Worst lines from Star Wars
» How Star Wars 7 SHOULD have ended! LOL
» Anyone have the Yamaha Flying Dragon Direct-Drive?
» Black Star & Metromedia: Woodford Park, St Andrews. February 1984
» AFRICAN STAR VS BASS ODYSSEY 1997

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: