HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Cloven Hoof - let's talk

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:36 pm

Who mourns for the morning star is an awesome album and one of the best 2017 releases. Lots of painkiller style speed. Anyone picked it up?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:45 am

Picked up dominator finally on cd. Awesome album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6843
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Who mourns for the morning star is an awesome album and one of the best 2017 releases. Lots of painkiller style speed. Anyone picked it up?

Yes I got it and it's really good
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:07 am

Man that dominator album is so good. Been spinning it repeatedly lately.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 22634
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:45 pm

I ordered Dominator recently, and it will be arriving in my mailbox real soon. I also ordered their new album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I ordered Dominator recently, and it will be arriving in my mailbox real soon. I also ordered their new album.

Their latest album is amazing. Lots of painkiller influences on it headbanger
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master


Number of posts : 698
Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:37 am

The latest album is indeed stellar. Very solid, straight up metal band. Lee Payne is a sadly unsung metal hero.
I actually have been on a big kick with them this year so far. I'm attempting to fill in my collection soon once I hunt down (for a reasonable price) "The Opening Ritual"; "Throne Of Damnation" and the two re-recorded greatest hits Definitive Parts 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 15802
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Found out earlier the band is doing a U.S. tour in September. Haven't seen any dates yet.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 22634
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Tue May 29, 2018 7:47 am

I discuss Dominator in my new YouTube video:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2371
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Tue May 29, 2018 6:42 pm

nevermore wrote:
Found out earlier the band is doing a U.S. tour in September. Haven't seen any dates yet.

Me n Deathcult are going to the Chicago Show. Then deadheading it back to the Cities for Vicious Rumours the next night. They are actually doing some dates together [Which would have saved me 800 miles of driving].
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 210
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Cloven Hoof were a good band, their debut is some of the finest Metal to come out of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal a long with Court in the Act by Satan and Blood Sports by Avenger, the Russ North era albums are a lot more Power Metal, but are equally as good.

their later stuff kinda gets iffy for me, i don't mind Eye of the Sun, but it's a album that i have trouble clicking with.........but then those songs like "Contagion" and "I'm Your Nemesis"...oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! were those painful to listen to, such shit.

but because of those two songs, it really did leave a bad taste in my mouth and really has kept me from giving their newer stuff a chance, checking out bits of Resist or Serve, it's kinda better, but i don't know if i care for the vocalist there, but it seems that George Call is the singer on the more recent album Who Mourns for the Morning Star, so i may give 'em one more chance.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 15802
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:09 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Found out earlier the band is doing a U.S. tour in September. Haven't seen any dates yet.

Me n Deathcult are going to the Chicago Show.  Then deadheading it back to the Cities for Vicious Rumours the next night.  They are actually doing some dates together [Which would have saved me 800 miles of driving].


I'm hopefully going to do the show in Asheville with Savage Master opening. Vicious Rumors are playing in Charlotte two nights later.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master


Number of posts : 698
Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:35 pm

metalken wrote:
The latest album is indeed stellar. Very solid, straight up metal band. Lee Payne is a sadly unsung metal hero.
I actually have been on a big kick with them this year so far. I'm attempting to fill in my collection soon once I hunt down (for a reasonable price) "The Opening Ritual"; "Throne Of Damnation" and the two re-recorded greatest hits Definitive Parts 1 and 2.

Getting closer to filling the collection. Picked up "Definitive Part 2" which included the "Throne Of Damnation" ep as the first 5 tracks.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5778
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Their latest is a true speed metal masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   

Back to top Go down
 
Cloven Hoof - let's talk
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Kevin Max pulling for a DC Talk Reunion Tour?!?
» Pastor Brad Cross Talk "Developing The Fruit of the Spirit"
» Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)
» terry bozzio & zappa drummers
» It is my honor to present to you all today......

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: