HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26115
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
James B. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Caught up with Revolution before it resumes this week from the 3-month hiatus(!).

I really couldn't get into that, the whole civilization collapse, people fighting for survival but all of the women looking as though they have had a team of hair and make up artists working non stop was just too annoying.

yeppers !

kinda/sorta like the old cowboy movies when they are on a cattle drive and their duds are spic n span and wrinkle free

Or on The Walking Dead, how the lawns remain manicured:



I just watched the ST-TNG episode that meme is from! It's a hilarious scene where Picard is reciting Shakespeare to try to convince a Ferengi commander that he really loves Troi's mother.


Razz

that picard episode os great!!
It's especially funny because Patrick Stewart is a member of The Royal Shakespeare Company in England so this episode gave him a chance to "spread his wings."

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22465
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
James B. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Caught up with Revolution before it resumes this week from the 3-month hiatus(!).

I really couldn't get into that, the whole civilization collapse, people fighting for survival but all of the women looking as though they have had a team of hair and make up artists working non stop was just too annoying.

yeppers !

kinda/sorta like the old cowboy movies when they are on a cattle drive and their duds are spic n span and wrinkle free

Or on The Walking Dead, how the lawns remain manicured:



I just watched the ST-TNG episode that meme is from! It's a hilarious scene where Picard is reciting Shakespeare to try to convince a Ferengi commander that he really loves Troi's mother.


Razz

that picard episode os great!!
It's especially funny because Patrick Stewart is a member of The Royal Shakespeare Company in England so this episode gave him a chance to "spread his wings."

yep. I have really enjoyed going through ST:TNG. It is a pretty good show but really found its legs in season 4.

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21368
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:52 pm

I watched the new Family Guy episode tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1635
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:58 pm




Airplane! (1980)

Still hilarious after 33 years. Those Zucker brothers were some funny Jews.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21368
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:



Airplane! (1980)

Still hilarious after 33 years. Those Zucker brothers were some funny Jews.

Great movie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31143
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:23 pm

"The Walking Dead" -- damn. Fare thee well, Merle.

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Walking Dead" -- damn. Fare thee well, Merle.

I'm all caught up on The Walking Dead now, tonight's episode was the first one I watched when it originally aired. Merle likes his Motorhead and Uncle Ted.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6570
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Patrick Stewart is completely awesome. His voice-over bit in Ted about Apache Helicopters was the only bit of the film that really made me laugh hard. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 am

Love this Patrick Stewart scene from L.A. Story, here he is playing the head of the "Fourth Reich Bank of Hamburg"



Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:15 am

SpectreFate wrote:



Airplane! (1980)

Still hilarious after 33 years. Those Zucker brothers were some funny Jews.

CLASSIC!


I watched a couple of goofy Frankie Avalon/Annette Funicello beach movies on This! One had a young Dick Dale and his band and the other had Little Stevie Wonder. Cameos by Vincent Price and Boris Karloff as well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15865
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:25 am

Snapped
Golden Girls
Wreck It Ralf
Bar Rescue
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:33 am

Room 237. What a load of crap! I would love to see a decent documentary on The Shining, this most definitely was NOT it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15865
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 am

Grimm
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13867
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Yesterday I watched some of the NCAA Tournament. And then a couple episodes of Duck Dynasty and Bar Rescue.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21140
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:06 pm

SpectreFate wrote:



Airplane! (1980)

Still hilarious after 33 years. Those Zucker brothers were some funny Jews.



Hunt down Zero Hour!, the 1957 movie Aiplane! is a remake of. A totally serious flick that you'll watch laughing because of Airplane.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23999
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Holy crap!! That's hysterical!! I vaguley remember hearing that the movie was based on "serious" airplane disaster movies, but I didn't know it was a word-for-word remake!!

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:06 pm

The Shining: European Theatrical Version (1980, Stanley Kubrick)



The Shining was released first in the US in 1980 with a running time of 2hr 23 minutes. Three months later the film was released in Europe but in the interim Stanley Kubrick went back and edited out 23 minutes of footage reducing the running time to 2 hours even. For all this time people in the US have seen a different cut than the rest of world, these different versions have pretty much remained the same throughout the various home release formats over the years. The most recent US blu-ray release is the 143 minute version while the European blu-ray is 120 minutes.

I've seen the longer US cut countless times in my life and for years never even knew there was a shorter European version. I watched that cut of the film today and while it was interesting to compare I found myself missing many of the scenes that were either removed completely or radically shortened for the European print. Both versions of the film were edited by Kubrick, so in essence they are both "director's cuts" though years later Kubrick said he did prefer the shorter version of the film.

For people that have attention span issues the shorter cut might be the way to go, but I think the film loses some of the epic quality of the longer cut. It also reduces the amount of time before Jack goes totally bonkers (which is a rather fast transformation even in the long version) and gets rid of chunks of his backstory including the alcoholism. It also removes the scene near the end where Wendy walks into the hotel lobby and sees the entire place covered in cobwebs with skeletons sitting in the chairs...a shot I always liked.

A good film regardless, but I think Kubrick had it right for the US release.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 pm

007 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:



Airplane! (1980)

Still hilarious after 33 years. Those Zucker brothers were some funny Jews.



Hunt down Zero Hour!, the 1957 movie Aiplane! is a remake of. A totally serious flick that you'll watch laughing because of Airplane.


This is now my next movie on Netflix. I gotta check out this Zero Hour!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1635
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
The Shining: European Theatrical Version (1980, Stanley Kubrick)



The Shining was released first in the US in 1980 with a running time of 2hr 23 minutes. Three months later the film was released in Europe but in the interim Stanley Kubrick went back and edited out 23 minutes of footage reducing the running time to 2 hours even. For all this time people in the US have seen a different cut than the rest of world, these different versions have pretty much remained the same throughout the various home release formats over the years. The most recent US blu-ray release is the 143 minute version while the European blu-ray is 120 minutes.

I've seen the longer US cut countless times in my life and for years never even knew there was a shorter European version. I watched that cut of the film today and while it was interesting to compare I found myself missing many of the scenes that were either removed completely or radically shortened for the European print. Both versions of the film were edited by Kubrick, so in essence they are both "director's cuts" though years later Kubrick said he did prefer the shorter version of the film.

For people that have attention span issues the shorter cut might be the way to go, but I think the film loses some of the epic quality of the longer cut. It also reduces the amount of time before Jack goes totally bonkers (which is a rather fast transformation even in the long version) and gets rid of chunks of his backstory including the alcoholism. It also removes the scene near the end where Wendy walks into the hotel lobby and sees the entire place covered in cobwebs with skeletons sitting in the chairs...a shot I always liked.

A good film regardless, but I think Kubrick had it right for the US release.


One of my favorites of all time. I was not aware of the other cut. Interesting....
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:20 pm

When "The Shining" was first released it was savaged by the US critics, many of them complaining that it was overlong and was more grandiose in scope than a lowly horror film should attempt to be. Kubrick was upset by the reviews and I think due to that pressure decided to streamline the film before premiering it in the rest of the world.

If you go through history most of Kubrick's films are misunderstood and generally dismissed upon initial release...but then they go through a critical reevaluation 20 years or so later and become masterpieces. This has happened over and over again and I vividly remember it happening with The Shining when it was re-released in theaters in the late 90s. Many of the same critics that loathed it in 1980 retracted their previous views. I've always felt Kubrick was a good 20 to 30 years ahead of everyone else anyway.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1635
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
When "The Shining" was first released it was savaged by the US critics, many of them complaining that it was overlong and was more grandiose in scope than a lowly horror film should attempt to be. Kubrick was upset by the reviews and I think due to that pressure decided to streamline the film before premiering it in the rest of the world.

If you go through history most of Kubrick's films are misunderstood and generally dismissed upon initial release...but then they go through a critical reevaluation 20 years or so later and become masterpieces. This has happened over and over again and I vividly remember it happening with The Shining when it was re-released in theaters in the late 90s. Many of the same critics that loathed it in 1980 retracted their previous views. I've always felt Kubrick was a good 20 to 30 years ahead of everyone else anyway.


What are your thoughts on Eyes Wide Shut? Do you think that will be respected one day?
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:32 pm

SpectreFate wrote:


What are your thoughts on Eyes Wide Shut? Do you think that will be respected one day?

I suppose time will tell, I know it got more favorable write-ups when the uncut blu-ray was released a couple years ago. At some point in the future it will get a theatrical re-release and it will be interesting to see how critics respond. I'm guessing sometime within the next decade we'll find out.

I saw Eyes Wide Shut twice in the theater when it was released and I loved it. The blu-ray release in the Kubrick box set from a couple years ago removed the "digital characters" that were inserted over some of the more explicit sex scenes to get the film an R-Rating. The scenes really weren't that explicit and work so much better in composition without those additions to cover up what was originally the primary focus of those shots.

Back to "The Shining" for a minute, this page from IMDB explains in detail all the scenes that were removed from the European cut.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505/alternateversions?ref_=tt_ql_12

(interesting to note this page says the Euro cut is 113 minutes but that is inaccurate)

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22465
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Red Dwarf - X

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9675
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Watched the Behind The Music (Remastered) Bad Co.

A favorite band as a pup
Didin't care much for the Brian Howe fronted line up


_________________
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21368
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Black Scorpio v King Jammy's v Arrows v Youth Promotion: Cinema 2, Kingston. 1985. "Shock of the century clash!"
» Youth Promotion v Jammys v Scorpio v Arrows: Cinema 2. 2nd June 1985
» It's 'Rate Harry Potter Movies' Time!!!
» Fat Freddy's Dollar Store Cinema Spectaculars
» It is my honor to present to you all today......

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: