Share | 

What book are you currently reading?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22559

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 am

Rama II by Arthur c. Clarke

Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31371

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Currently blazing through Shut Up and Give Me the Mic: A Twisted Memoir by Dee Snider ... effin' great read!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Currently blazing through Shut Up and Give Me the Mic: A Twisted Memoir by Dee Snider ... effin' great read!!

I want! :glee:
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag

Number of posts : 9696

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm

I am currently reading "Ender's Game" to my grandaughter, Clodagh. She can handle a few chapters at a time before T>A>S>K (Toddler Attention Span Kicks-In)

Number of posts : 4387

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:13 pm

I call it a comic book, you can call it a 'graphic novel', nevertheless I'm still reading it.

The Watchmen
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4979

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:19 pm

Just finished up The Golden Compass (Northern Lights) yesterday, and I started the sequel Subtle Knife today.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:02 am

Currently about halfway through H.G. Wells's "The First Men in the Moon".
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

Number of posts : 19563

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:32 am

Star Trek: Rules of Engagement by Peter Morwood
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy

Number of posts : 8255

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Just finished:

The Johnstown Flood - a very interesting true accounting of the 1889 flooding of Johnstown, PA (and some other villages) due to a dam breaking upriver from the towns.

Currently Reading:

The Twelve - Justin Cronin - So far, so 87%. Just like The Passage, it's good, but missing that little something to make it classic.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24132

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 pm

I started reading 'The Catcher in the Rye' again. I haven't read it since college. I think I'm going start going back and re-reading allot of books I've collected over the years.

Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6600

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:19 pm

I'm having another go at 'The Gulag Archipelago' - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Not easy reading for a variety of reasons but worth a second go.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Finished this on Saturday. Highly recommended for all SMFs!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey

Number of posts : 4042

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:44 pm

Just finished (and am already re-reading):

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't believe the Wheel of Time series is finally finished... I had waited for 20 years to see how it would end. Overall, I must say I am pleased with how it finished. Damn, now I need a new series to obsess about... I think it's time to pick up George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series.

http://www.freewebs.com/sideshowdisaster
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sideshowdisaster
David Panzer
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:45 pm

I'm working through the Complete Works of Lewis Carroll.

Prior to that I finished up Edgar Allan Poe's complete works, and 2 books by Jeff Sharlett: The Family and C Street.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 14322

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:17 pm

What Are You Doing Here? by Laina Dawes
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 am

Superman vs Hollywood by Jake Rossen, interesting chapters on the long journey to make Superman Returns, spending $50 million per one single frame had even been shot.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:56 pm

William Shatner - Shatner Rules: Your Guide To Understanding the Shatnerverse and the World At Large
Chuck Klosterman - Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Go West Young F**ked Up Chick by Rachel Resnick
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Currently in the midst of "Star Wars: The Mandalorian Armor," part one of the 3-book "Bounty Hunter Wars" cycle (starring my man Boba Fett!) by K.W. Jeter

Quote :
Superman vs Hollywood by Jake Rossen, interesting chapters on the long journey to make Superman Returns, spending $50 million per one single frame had even been shot.

Sounds cool. Does it go into the ridiculous ideas that producer Jon Peters had for the thankfully aborted "Superman Reborn" project in the late 90s (which would've starred Nicolas Cage as the Man of Steel?)

Kevin Smith did a hilarious bit during one of his spoken-word tours a few years back where he detailed his bizarre experience working on the script for that doomed project. It's long but totally worth it. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Currently in the midst of "Star Wars: The Mandalorian Armor," part one of the 3-book "Bounty Hunter Wars" cycle (starring my man Boba Fett!) by K.W. Jeter

Quote :

Sounds cool. Does it go into the ridiculous ideas that producer Jon Peters had for the thankfully aborted "Superman Reborn" project in the late 90s (which would've starred Nicolas Cage as the Man of Steel?)

Kevin Smith did a hilarious bit during one of his spoken-word tours a few years back where he detailed his bizarre experience working on the script for that doomed project. It's long but totally worth it. Laughing very hard

oh yea it does, I couldn't believe some of the crap he came up with!!!!! One time his car hit one time Superboy star Gerard Christopher's car and tired to bribe him with gettin the title role in the rebooted Superman movie!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Quote :
oh yea it does, I couldn't believe some of the crap he came up with!!!!!

Laughing very hard Awesome. Watch that Kevin Smith clip if you have a few minutes, it'll kill ya. "Big f*ckin' spider!" Very Happy

...that Superman book sounds like it'd be up my alley, I just checked my library's web site and they don't have it in house, but one of the other libraries in the county has got it and they can ship it to me...so I just put it on "hold." Thanks for the tip!

Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 am

Currently about a third of the way into A Game of Thrones.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:27 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :

oh yea it does, I couldn't believe some of the crap he came up with!!!!! One time his car hit one time Superboy star Gerard Christopher's car and tired to bribe him with gettin the title role in the rebooted Superman movie!!!

That was hilarious!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 14322

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:27 am

High Adventures In The Great Outdoors by Henry Rollins
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 22056

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Finally finished Stephen King's Skeleton Crew. Now onto his "Bachman Books", a collection of of stories written by King under the psuedonym Richard Bachman,including "Rage" which is no longer in print because of it's eerie resemblance to real life school shooting events (even though it was written in the 70s).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next