HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13867
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Currently watching game 3 of the World Series
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26109
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:00 pm

nevermore wrote:
Currently watching game 3 of the World Series
Same here.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6236
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:48 am

Pumpkinhead

This started off with so much promise of being this ultimate, cathartic revenge tale. Most likely it's because I'm a dad (of boys) but when the kid finally dies in Lance's arms after whimpering "daddy..." I had to turn off the TV and regain some composure. And the titular beast looks pretty good, albeit silly in some shots. And, hell, it's Stan Winston directing and Lance Henrikson starring, so what's not to like? Well, the second half, that's what. As much as I love Lance as an actor, he never is capable to show any genuine emotion for his loss. Plus the teens are awkwardly scripted in as boilerplate for the killings. They're unlikable to say the least. It all just gets pretty mediocre and full of throwaway shots that don't add up to much. Barely any gore to speak of, let alone a couple drops of blood. My guess is that Stan had to rush shooting and at some point stopped putting a lot of creative energy into it. The whole of the movie is terribly uneven. I had higher expectations for this one, it being a cult classic, but alas, it's just another 80's monster movie.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:52 am

Kiss Of The Vampire on Svengoolie
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6570
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:54 am

nevermore wrote:
Currently watching game 3 of the World Series
Hey, a World Series! Are England in it? Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13239
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4201
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 am

'The Sorcerer And The White Snake', now I haven't seen the first adaptation of the white snake legend (Green Snake) but this film was just so much fun and had a lot of heart, while at the same time almost qualifying as a video game movie.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4201
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:40 am

Just learned Toho did some kind of adaptation as well in 56. Any thoughts on that one, toho? Gotta be good...
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21126
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Currently watching game 3 of the World Series
Hey, a World Series! Are England in it? Very Happy 

No this involves a real sport ! Razz 
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21354
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:13 pm

I saw Bad Grandpa yesterday afternoon, and I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:01 pm

Missed Season 2 of Continuum, catching up on it on Netflix - just finished episode 3
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Missed Season 2 of Continuum, catching up on it on Netflix - just finished episode 3
Much better than the first season (which I also enjoyed), I'm looking forward to season 3.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6236
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
'The Sorcerer And The White Snake', now I haven't seen the first adaptation of the white snake legend (Green Snake) but this film was just so much fun and had a lot of heart, while at the same time almost qualifying as a video game movie.
Dude where have you been? I'll have to tell the mods to call off that missing persons report. And the hounds.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Missed Season 2 of Continuum, catching up on it on Netflix - just finished episode 3
Much better than the first season (which I also enjoyed), I'm looking forward to season 3.  

Seems so to me too thus far...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4201
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:14 pm

haha caught in the deep of music biz stuff, thanks for the welcome back.. lol! headbanger 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26109
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Just learned Toho did some kind of adaptation as well in 56. Any thoughts on that one, toho? Gotta be good...
Nope. Never heard of it.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26109
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Pumpkinhead

This started off with so much promise of being this ultimate, cathartic revenge tale. Most likely it's because I'm a dad (of boys) but when the kid finally dies in Lance's arms after whimpering "daddy..." I had to turn off the TV and regain some composure. And the titular beast looks pretty good, albeit silly in some shots. And, hell, it's Stan Winston directing and Lance Henrikson starring, so what's not to like? Well, the second half, that's what. As much as I love Lance as an actor, he never is capable to show any genuine emotion for his loss. Plus the teens are awkwardly scripted in as boilerplate for the killings. They're unlikable to say the least. It all just gets pretty mediocre and full of throwaway shots that don't add up to much. Barely any gore to speak of, let alone a couple drops of blood. My guess is that Stan had to rush shooting and at some point stopped putting a lot of creative energy into it. The whole of the movie is terribly uneven. I had higher expectations for this one, it being a cult classic, but alas, it's just another 80's monster movie.
I love Pumpkinhead.  I do wish it was gorier though. But given the time it was made, I think Winston's creature FX are amazing.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22458
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Arrow

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6236
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Pumpkinhead

This started off with so much promise of being this ultimate, cathartic revenge tale. Most likely it's because I'm a dad (of boys) but when the kid finally dies in Lance's arms after whimpering "daddy..." I had to turn off the TV and regain some composure. And the titular beast looks pretty good, albeit silly in some shots. And, hell, it's Stan Winston directing and Lance Henrikson starring, so what's not to like? Well, the second half, that's what. As much as I love Lance as an actor, he never is capable to show any genuine emotion for his loss. Plus the teens are awkwardly scripted in as boilerplate for the killings. They're unlikable to say the least. It all just gets pretty mediocre and full of throwaway shots that don't add up to much. Barely any gore to speak of, let alone a couple drops of blood. My guess is that Stan had to rush shooting and at some point stopped putting a lot of creative energy into it. The whole of the movie is terribly uneven. I had higher expectations for this one, it being a cult classic, but alas, it's just another 80's monster movie.
I love Pumpkinhead.  I do wish it was gorier though.  But given the time it was made, I think Winston's creature FX are amazing.
Surprisingly enough, Stan had little to do with the creature because of the directing demands. I remember reading in interviews that he hated the job and wanted to jump in with FX team.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22458
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Auction Kings - Season 3

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26109
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:38 pm

World Series Game 4

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6236
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:34 am

Super

By Jove, James Gunn has done it again.

Constantly funny, radically violent, sweet and moving in some parts, complete with a great ending. Gunn's best movie yet. "SHUT UP, CRIME!!!"
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6236
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:08 am

The Terror Within (1987, I think)

B-movie lovers everywhere: Rec-o-mended!


I was really f*cking surprised by the post-apocalyptic Alien ripoff from Roger Corman. Neat set design, cool dolly shots (rarely seen in these types of movies), decent gore, above average acting for this type of affair, a charismatic central hero, wry humor, believable dialogue, and the best electronic score I've ever heard for bad sci-fi. Only problems are 1. the director sucks at tension, and some "search party" scenes are obviously padding, and 2. the mutant design is another lumbering lazy rubber costume man that is more threatening off-screen than on. Also, large fires within a confined space don't seem to be very dangerous. Contains a pretty illogical resolution. But worth seeing if for the birthing scene alone, which almost clones Alien to the letter but injects enough of its own nasty flavor to shake things up. Fun stuff.

Really wish there was a copy of that soundtrack available. No cheese in the score at all.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21126
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:32 am

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23999
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 am

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - started off promising, but kinda loses steam towards the end. Entertaining enough though for a Saturday night.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Black Scorpio v King Jammy's v Arrows v Youth Promotion: Cinema 2, Kingston. 1985. "Shock of the century clash!"
» Youth Promotion v Jammys v Scorpio v Arrows: Cinema 2. 2nd June 1985
» It's 'Rate Harry Potter Movies' Time!!!
» Fat Freddy's Dollar Store Cinema Spectaculars
» It is my honor to present to you all today......

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: