HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 2013/2014 NFL Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4831
Age : 36

PostSubject: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 am

The Football season is almost here so what are some of your predictions for this year?

I see the Broncos as the early favorite out of the AFC and as far as the NFC goes hmmm,,, Falcons? Packers? 49ers? I feel the NFC is just much more competitive...

All this being said Im going to predict my favorite team The Eagles.. 7-9
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21444
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:53 pm

This thread is way too early. The pre-season hasn't even really started yet and a lot can happen during that time. I'll post predictions closer to the season opener.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4831
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Well I predicted the Broncos would wipe the floor with the Ravens. I didn't predict 7 tds from Manning.. What a game...
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1137
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:42 pm

I can safely predict that my Patriots are going to struggle mightily this season due to the losses on the offensive line. As the Seahawks are the closest thing to a home-town team we have in Oregon, I want to see them go all the way. Secondly I really want to see the Texans and Matt Schaub do well also.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:16 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Well I predicted the Broncos would wipe the floor with the Ravens.  I didn't predict 7 tds from Manning.. What a game...
And everyone is ready to crown them champions now and one one game of regular season has been played....... The pre-season favorite rarely wins the big game.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:23 pm

I haven't paid any attention to the NFL for the past couple years, I just seem to have lost interest in it. I'll probably wait until the playoffs start just like I did last year.

Until L.A. gets another team I just don't care. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4814
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:44 pm

I predict the 'boys go 8-8 and Romo blows a big game that could've got them into the playoffs.

Being from Washington people are having seizures over the Seahawks. Let's see if it's for real.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31215
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Quote :
Until L.A. gets another team I just don't care.
You can always follow the L.A. KISS in Arena Football. They're gonna be HUGE! Laughing very hard

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I predict the 'boys go 8-8 and Romo blows a big game that could've got them into the playoffs.

Being from Washington people are having seizures over the Seahawks. Let's see if it's for real.
They came close last year, I think they have a shot.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22500
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:41 pm

I think the NFC comes down to San Fran and Atlanta.

the AFC between the Broncos and Patriots.

My beloved Eagles will probably end up 6-10. I just hope they have more wins than the Chiefs.

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26244
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:53 pm

I'm hoping my Rams finally have some weapons for Bradford to throw to.  Bad part is we're in the same division as San Fran and Seattle. Yet most people seem to forget that we went 2-1-1 against those teams last year so who knows?

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21444
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:58 pm

The Steelers will probably go 8-8 again,9-7 if they're lucky. I'm not sold on the Pats because they've lost so much, but as long as Bradys's at the qb position, you can't really count them out (and I loathe the Patriots). Denver is probably the top team in the AFC. As for the NFC, as long as it's not the Cowboys or 49ers,then I'll be happy with that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26244
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:02 pm

007 wrote:
The Steelers will probably go 8-8 again,9-7 if they're lucky.  I'm not sold on the Pats because they've lost so much, but as long as Bradys's at the qb position, you can't really count them out (and I loathe the Patriots). Denver is probably the top team in the AFC. As for the NFC, as long as it's not the Cowboys or 49ers,then I'll be happy with that.
You sound just like me. My three most-hated teams in the NFL are New England, San Fran and Dallas.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:08 pm

S.D. wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
I predict the 'boys go 8-8 and Romo blows a big game that could've got them into the playoffs.

Being from Washington people are having seizures over the Seahawks. Let's see if it's for real.
They came close last year, I think they have a shot.
I think so too - of course, I am a life long Cowboys fan
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21444
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
The Steelers will probably go 8-8 again,9-7 if they're lucky.  I'm not sold on the Pats because they've lost so much, but as long as Bradys's at the qb position, you can't really count them out (and I loathe the Patriots). Denver is probably the top team in the AFC. As for the NFC, as long as it's not the Cowboys or 49ers,then I'll be happy with that.
You sound just like me.  My three most-hated teams in the NFL are New England, San Fran and Dallas.  

It's not so much as hatred for the 49ers , but my disdain for the Harbaugh brothers. I especially enjoyed Manning's dismantling of the Ravens last night (the Ravens are another one of my hated teams).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm hoping my Rams finally have some weapons for Bradford to throw to.  Bad part is we're in the same division as San Fran and Seattle. Yet most people seem to forget that we went 2-1-1 against those teams last year so who knows?
Either SF or SEA will not have a good of a year as they did last year and not make the play offs, making room for SL, but then Fisher seems to only get in to the play offs ever 3 years or so...... The stats are not on SF's side to even make the playoffs, as the loser of the super bowl rarely makes the playoffs the next year (there are exceptions to that stat)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26244
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:13 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
The Steelers will probably go 8-8 again,9-7 if they're lucky.  I'm not sold on the Pats because they've lost so much, but as long as Bradys's at the qb position, you can't really count them out (and I loathe the Patriots). Denver is probably the top team in the AFC. As for the NFC, as long as it's not the Cowboys or 49ers,then I'll be happy with that.
You sound just like me.  My three most-hated teams in the NFL are New England, San Fran and Dallas.  
It's not so much as hatred for the 49ers , but my disdain for the Harbaugh brothers. I especially enjoyed Manning's dismantling of the Ravens last night (the Ravens are another one of my hated teams).
I hate all 3 teams. New England because I think Bellicheat is an a**hole, San Fran because they seem to always kick the Rams' butts and Dallas because A) they ruined many a Thanksgiving when I was a kid when they clobbered the St Louis Cardinals on Turkey Day, B) Because Jerry Jones is the most egotistical owner in the NFL and a major douche IMO.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:17 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
The Steelers will probably go 8-8 again,9-7 if they're lucky.  I'm not sold on the Pats because they've lost so much, but as long as Bradys's at the qb position, you can't really count them out (and I loathe the Patriots). Denver is probably the top team in the AFC. As for the NFC, as long as it's not the Cowboys or 49ers,then I'll be happy with that.
You sound just like me.  My three most-hated teams in the NFL are New England, San Fran and Dallas.  
It's not so much as hatred for the 49ers , but my disdain for the Harbaugh brothers. I especially enjoyed Manning's dismantling of the Ravens last night (the Ravens are another one of my hated teams).
I live in the DC area (the redskins and ravens stadium are 21 miles apart), they treat the Ravens like the "second" home team on radio and TV and I don't like either team (I like the deadskins less, as you can imagine being a Cowboys fan) so I that score (and 7 TD's) gave me a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21444
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Jerry Jones is the most egotistical owner in the NFL and a major douche IMO.

And a reanimated corpse, I think. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:18 pm

[quote="tohostudios"][quote="007"][quote="tohostudios"]
007 wrote:
B) Because Jerry Jones is the most egotistical owner in the NFL and a major douche IMO.
There are far worse owners in the NFL - Dan Snyder would be be one, for example
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26244
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:23 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
B) Because Jerry Jones is the most egotistical owner in the NFL and a major douche IMO.
There are far worse owners in the NFL - Dan Snyder would be be one, for example
Yeah, there are worse owners but I don't think there are worse owners who are as high profile and constantly in the media promoting themselves, their stadium and their team. In my book that makes Jones far more annoying than most other NFL owners.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22500
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I'm hoping my Rams finally have some weapons for Bradford to throw to.  Bad part is we're in the same division as San Fran and Seattle. Yet most people seem to forget that we went 2-1-1 against those teams last year so who knows?
Either SF or SEA will not have a good of a year as they did last year and not make the play offs, making room for SL, but then Fisher seems to only get in to the play offs ever 3 years or so...... The stats are not on SF's side to even make the playoffs, as the loser of the super bowl rarely makes the playoffs the next year (there are exceptions to that stat)
the stats may be there but I still think SF is one of the strongest in the league.

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26244
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:46 pm

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I'm hoping my Rams finally have some weapons for Bradford to throw to.  Bad part is we're in the same division as San Fran and Seattle. Yet most people seem to forget that we went 2-1-1 against those teams last year so who knows?
Either SF or SEA will not have a good of a year as they did last year and not make the play offs, making room for SL, but then Fisher seems to only get in to the play offs ever 3 years or so...... The stats are not on SF's side to even make the playoffs, as the loser of the super bowl rarely makes the playoffs the next year (there are exceptions to that stat)
the stats may be there but I still think SF is one of the strongest in the league.
They are but they were last year too and since my Rams were 1-0-1 against the Niners last year, that gives me hope.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 14000
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:53 pm

It's going to be an interesting season. I think Seattle,SF and Washington are going to be tough to beat on the NFC side.

As for the AFC I'm going to say Denver and even though they didn't win Baltimore will still have a pretty good team.

Since I pull for the Raiders it will be another long season for me.lol! 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6570
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:13 am

Although the season hasn't started yet I can confidently predict that I still won't have a clue what you guys are talking about! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2013/2014 NFL Predictions   

Back to top Go down
 
2013/2014 NFL Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2013-2014 : Aida Night of the Proms
» [DONE] AFAID 2013 @indonesia 3 hari wooow!!!
» [DONE] IFLS ITS INOCHI 23 JUNI 2013 [SBY dan skitar MASUK! haha]
» Guns N' Roses to play at Rock in Rio 2013 Buenos Aires? - FALSE
» Billy Cobham New Studio CD 2013?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: