HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Ben Affleck is the new Batman.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:22 pm

I haven't checked out The Flash yet, I will probably wait until it shows up on Netflix.  

I gave Arrow a shot, but that series did absolutely nothing for me.

What I dig about Daredevil is it doesn't feel like a superhero series, the tone is closer to something like The Wire. So it's more realistic and gritty, more street. They do mention the attack on New York (they call it "The Incident") but that stuff is on the back burner for the most part.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2798
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:53 pm

007 wrote:
Daredevil is awesome. I've only caught a few episodes of The Flash but have liked what I've seen. I was an avid watcher of Arrow for the first 3 seasons but I haven't caught any this year. I hope the new season shows up on Netflix soon.

Arrow is in its third season as we speak. You must have watched the first two seasons. There have been three crossover episodes with The Flash & Arrow this season, so I'm not sure how you will want to go about watching those. There is going to be another huge one yet to come!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2798
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
I haven't checked out The Flash yet, I will probably wait until it shows up on Netflix.  

I gave Arrow a shot, but that series did absolutely nothing for me.

What I dig about Daredevil is it doesn't feel like a superhero series, the tone is closer to something like The Wire.  So it's more realistic and gritty, more street.  They do mention the attack on New York (they call it "The Incident") but that stuff is on the back burner for the most part.  

Without having seen Daredevil, I would be foolish to comment on the possible comparisons. Anything distributed through Netflix versus that of the C.W, will obviously be grittier, but I'm surprised how dark The Flash has gotten. Like I stated before, I think much of the success of this show hinges on the Dr. Harrison Wells character, played by Tom Cavanagh. I think the show balances the campy feel with the darker feel quite well.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12796
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:15 pm

exact33 wrote:
I think they ought to leave the Batman franchise alone for awhile. I am interested in seeing Aquaman and I think Justice League may be interesting although it will be hard shaking the Super Friends image for me.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22209
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:
I think they ought to leave the Batman franchise alone for awhile. I am interested in seeing Aquaman and I think Justice League may be interesting although it will be hard shaking the Super Friends image for me.


that did not help forgetting that show!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:53 pm

I remember watching the animated Spider-Man series, Superfriends and other various shows in the 70s when I was a kid. Really that was my only exposure to comic book characters, I have never purchased a comic in my life...unless Mad Magazine counts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22209
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
I remember watching the animated Spider-Man series, Superfriends and other various shows in the 70s when I was a kid.  Really that was my only exposure to comic book characters, I have never purchased a comic in my life...unless Mad Magazine counts.  Very Happy

spider Man and his amazing friends has held up much better than superfriends.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 628
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:45 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Here's where D.C will ultimately fail. They could care less about continuity and that's what will bite them in the ass. Even though I love Ezra Miller as an actor, this is a total misstep with him playing The Flash. People already see Grant Gustin as The Flash. By the time this movie comes out in 2018, the T.V show, which seems to be beloved, will have four seasons under its belt. I would be shocked if the show wasn't still around by the time the movie comes out. I also don't think those at D.C will be smart enough to include Stephen Amell in its plans on the big screen, which will be a mistake. Though I didn't mind Justin Hartley as the Green Arrow in Smallville, Amell is the Arrow. Having said all that, if Batman vs Superman is a flop, D.C is going to have a hell out of time trying to push the upcoming Aquaman movie or The Flash.

I agree, and also think that DC missed a trick in not setting Gotham in the same universe as Arrow and The Flash. It's not as though it would have been that hard to do - instead of going for the mish-mash of time periods they have, they could have deliberately set it 25-30 years ago, thrown in references to the other two shows, and even had cameos from younger versions of the likes of Joe West and Quentin Lance (being cops, they would probably have been the easiest to feature).

Even though Agents of SHIELD suffered a bit in that it had to mark time until Captain America: The Winter Soldier came out before they could really shake things up, I still think that Marvel have done the right thing in creating one universe spread across TV and movies, rather than DC who are keeping them separate.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2798
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:34 am

S.D. wrote:
What I dig about Daredevil is it doesn't feel like a superhero series, the tone is closer to something like The Wire.  So it's more realistic and gritty, more street.  They do mention the attack on New York (they call it "The Incident") but that stuff is on the back burner for the most part.

I just watched the first five episodes of Daredevil last night. It's amazing so far.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30424
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Due to an online leak, the first trailer has been released:



Bad timing, with the awesome Star Wars trailer released yesterday..... looks like more of the last hour of Man Of Steel......


Not much to go on about there, just a bunch of random images. (shrugs)

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 18198
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:38 pm

And my daughter's boyfriend (a DC fanatic) damn near had an orgasm over that trailer. My wife saw it and said "Aren't they both good guys?". I just told her yes but I don't know what's going on in it.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1381
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:09 pm

I would be much more interested in this movie:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23608
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:45 am

Funny stuff. I always admire/question the folks that have the time to throw these things together so quickly.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30424
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:20 pm

That Reeve/West video is brilliant. I wish I had the video-editing chops to do cool nonsense like that. Laughing very hard

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23608
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:25 pm

This footage will never be NOT HILARIOUS to me...


"Some days you just can't rid of a bomb"

If they could somehow find a way to recreate that scene in the new Superman/Batman movie, it would be my favorite movie ever.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30424
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This footage will never be NOT HILARIOUS to me...


"Some days you just can't rid of a bomb"

If they could somehow find a way to recreate that scene in the new Superman/Batman movie, it would be my favorite movie ever.

My brother and I met Adam West back in the mid 90s and my bro told him that "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" was his favorite Batman moment. West sez "yeah, that's a great line, isn't it?"

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22209
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
This footage will never be NOT HILARIOUS to me...


"Some days you just can't rid of a bomb"

If they could somehow find a way to recreate that scene in the new Superman/Batman movie, it would be my favorite movie ever.

My brother and I met Adam West back in the mid 90s and my bro told him that "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" was his favorite Batman moment. West sez "yeah, that's a great line, isn't it?"

the batman anti-bat shark repellant is my favorite adam west moment.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6264
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:00 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
S.D. wrote:
What I dig about Daredevil is it doesn't feel like a superhero series, the tone is closer to something like The Wire.  So it's more realistic and gritty, more street.  They do mention the attack on New York (they call it "The Incident") but that stuff is on the back burner for the most part.

I just watched the first five episodes of Daredevil last night. It's amazing so far.

Yeah, there are little easter eggs all in Daredevil.

Two newspapers framed in Ben's office show the "Battle Of New York" (Avengers) and "Harlem Destroyed" (with a pic of Hulk). The crime syndicate refer to "half of NY being destroyed" is why they're making so much money now. The orphanage Matt was in as a child is the same orphanage Skye was in on Agents Of SHIELD. Lots of others too...

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30424
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:45 am

The reviews I've read for "Batman vs. Superman" in today's papers thus far seem to indicate that from now on, Jay and Silent Bob will be saying "Affleck, you da BOMB as Batman, yo!"

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12796
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The reviews I've read for "Batman vs. Superman" in today's papers thus far seem to indicate that from now on, Jay and Silent Bob will be saying "Affleck, you da BOMB as Batman, yo!"

Laughing very hard

Pretty much as expected..... I am taking my son tomorrow to see it, I'll find out first hand if it sucks and blows at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30424
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:26 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
The reviews I've read for "Batman vs. Superman" in today's papers thus far seem to indicate that from now on, Jay and Silent Bob will be saying "Affleck, you da BOMB as Batman, yo!"

Laughing very hard

Pretty much as expected..... I am taking my son tomorrow to see it, I'll find out first hand if it sucks and blows at the same time.

Richard Roeper (syndicated critic) gave it three stars in today's paper - and a guy @ work saw it last night and said he liked it better than Man of Steel or Dark Knight Rises.

I am cautiously optimistic.

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5888
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6130
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

That so made my night!
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 18198
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:42 pm

I will be seeing this tomorrow night (with Deadpool) at the local drive in.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15481
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:34 am

007 wrote:
I will be seeing this tomorrow night (with Deadpool) at the local drive in.

I miss being able to do that. I live almost 2 hours west from where I used to live and the drive in is almost 2 hours east of that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ben Affleck is the new Batman.   

Back to top Go down
 
Ben Affleck is the new Batman.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Batman.
» 1960s "BATMAN" TV show
» random/favorite pHOtO thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: