HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21097
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:43 am

jettafiend wrote:
007 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
Fast and the Furious... Rolling Eyes 
I have the same feeling about them. Everytime a new one comes out I'm like..."Another one !!??"
Yeah, the amount of prequels/sequels and bits of history are more disjointed than a daytime soap opera.
True...but like S.D. stated the only thing that matters is money and those flicks keep raking it in so we'll keep getting them til they don't.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23989
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:06 am

S.D. wrote:
In addition here are more titles rumored that don't yet have firm release dates:
Ghostbusters 3 (unknown)
That  might be more wishful thinking on a studio's part. They've been trying to do a 3rd Ghostbusters for years, but according to Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray has been refusing scripts since GBII closed production and he's got some kind of agreement that nothing can be done without his approval.

Last I heard, Murray would only agree to appear in a sequel if his character was killed off and he would film a cameo as a ghost. The rumor was the "original" guys (who are now too old) would be training a new bunch of recruits the fine art of ghostbusting. Jack Black (ugh!) and Ben Stiller were names thrown around as new guys, but that was awhile ago.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6235
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
In addition here are more titles rumored that don't yet have firm release dates:
Ghostbusters 3 (unknown)
That  might be more wishful thinking on a studio's part. They've been trying to do a 3rd Ghostbusters for years, but according to Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray has been refusing scripts since GBII closed production and he's got some kind of agreement that nothing can be done without his approval.

Last I heard, Murray would only agree to appear in a sequel if his character was killed off and he would film a cameo as a ghost. The rumor was the "original" guys (who are now too old) would be training a new bunch of recruits the fine art of ghostbusting. Jack Black (ugh!) and Ben Stiller were names thrown around as new guys, but that was awhile ago.
That video game that came out was supposed to be the official part 3 but everyone hated it and it sold only handfuls.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31126
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Yahoo News posted an interview with Keanu Reeves today where he said "Bill and Ted 3" is currently hung up in development hell.... So we can scratch that one off the list.

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1285
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Most of the sequels sound pretty good, both Night At The Museum films were mediocre, but I can't say i'm surprised there's going to be another one.  I enjoyed the Star Wars prequels so i'm definitely not against the new trilogy.  I think T5 will turn out pretty good.

I recall the Ghostbusters video game getting pretty good reviews actually.

I love the Fast And The Furious films, and i'm interested to see what direction James Wan takes the franchise in with part 7

Prometheus was a huge letdown for me and was my least favorite film in the entire Alien series(including the AVP films) so i'm not very optimistic about the sequel being much better.

Couldn't care less about The Hobbit as i'm not really a big fan of the LOTR films, and stretching the book out to three films just seems like overkill.  Even diehard LOTR fans like my mom and sister couldn't muster up any interest for The Hobbit whatsoever.

Really excited for Machete Kills, Jurassic Park 4, Expendables 3, Transformers 4 and all the superhero film sequels.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6235
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Most of the sequels sound pretty good, both Night At The Museum films were mediocre, but I can't say i'm surprised there's going to be another one.  I enjoyed the Star Wars prequels so i'm definitely not against the new trilogy.  I think T5 will turn out pretty good.

I recall the Ghostbusters video game getting pretty good reviews actually.

I love the Fast And The Furious films, and i'm interested to see what direction James Wan takes the franchise in with part 7

Prometheus was a huge letdown for me and was my least favorite film in the entire Alien series(including the AVP films) so i'm not very optimistic about the sequel being much better.

Couldn't care less about The Hobbit as i'm not really a big fan of the LOTR films, and stretching the book out to three films just seems like overkill.  Even diehard LOTR fans like my mom and sister couldn't muster up any interest for The Hobbit whatsoever.

Really excited for Machete Kills, Jurassic Park 4, Expendables 3, Transformers 4 and all the superhero film sequels.
You are correct good sir; I am mistaken. The Ghostbusters video game indeed got good reviews. Not sure where I gleaned my original information from...
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1285
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Some more good news, Pirates 5 is being delayed(i'm guessing the failure of Lone Ranger played a part in it), and all I have to say is hell yeah! With any luck it will get canned altogether.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Some more good news, Pirates 5 is being delayed(i'm guessing the failure of Lone Ranger played a part in it), and all I have to say is hell yeah!  With any luck it will get canned altogether.
I have a friend that works at Disney, he said that it was delayed because of how badly The Lone Ranger flopped and the producers of the Pirates series have been told their maximum budget for Pirates 5 is $100 million ($150 million less than the last entry in the series).
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1285
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Some more good news, Pirates 5 is being delayed(i'm guessing the failure of Lone Ranger played a part in it), and all I have to say is hell yeah!  With any luck it will get canned altogether.
I have a friend that works at Disney, he said that it was delayed because of how badly The Lone Ranger flopped and the producers of the Pirates series have been told their maximum budget for Pirates 5 is $100 million ($150 million less than the last entry in the series).  
That's interesting, I wonder if Pirates 5 will flop as well, perhaps Depp's charm has finally worn off on audiences.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:57 pm

I think audiences are tired of seeing Depp play nothing but oddball characters, as mentioned earlier he needs to vary things up and get away from Burton for awhile.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   

Back to top Go down
 
Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Happy Holidaze Gents! From Suss 2010 into 2011!
» Happy Birthday Yvonne
» Happy Big 4 - 0 to Jennifer...
» Happy Birthday!!!
» Happy Birthday Martine!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: