HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Secret Santa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6130
Age : 37

PostSubject: Secret Santa   Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 pm

So Christmas is 83 days from now. Has anyone here on HOM tried for a secret santa type of thing? Get a name assigned, send a metal CD or something to that effect? I thought it'd be a fun way to share music. Obviously there would be some areas to work out:

1. Shipping might be a bitch, and perhaps all of us aren't in that kind of financial position. Perhaps a digital download could be an option?

2. If I were assigned Eyesore or Ult, holy shit. Being that they have enough CD's between them both to provide a second missile defense system for the Homeland, there would be a huge chance of sending them a duplicate. Of course I'm using them as an example; many of HOM users have countless catalogs of CD's. Perhaps a wish lists could be made up in a thread?

3. I'm guessing assigning names would be a job for a mod, but I would suggest a random hat draw.

4. Vinyl or CD? Or, hell, sheet music? Again, could be part of the wish list thread.

5. Lots of users here, not all are active. We'd have to find a way to shorten the list.

Other factors may have to be weighed. What do you guys think? Too cute? I think it's be a fun way to explore new music (I'd want to be surprised, no wish list for me).
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4201
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:53 pm

corplhicks wrote:

1. Shipping might be a bitch, and perhaps all of us aren't in that kind of financial position.
Sorry, but everybody is in a position to happily provide me with expensive gifts. It's in the Bible.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30790
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:54 pm

It's a nice idea in theory but my inner cynic tells me it could easily turn into a total clusterf*ck...

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 636
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:24 am

Every so often we have a comp swap where interested members put together a compilation and exchange it without someone they're paired up with. It's fairly similar to what's being proposed, although it's a compilation rather than a CD from just one band.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6130
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:33 am

OCI: if this is doesn't work out then I'll be sure to send you that Motorhead box set selling for 500. Unless you want that Kiss coffee table book.

FF: My inner cynic is saying the same thing. I feel ya.

Citanul: Compilations would be cool too, although an actual studio release, even if it's an ep, would be so exciting.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:24 pm

oh no. Don't pair me up with FF. I'll get a PBR in the mail.....

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 19828
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:00 pm

exact33 wrote:
oh no. Don't pair me up with FF. I'll get a PBR in the mail.....
lol! 

I wouldn't complain about that. I'm a closet PBR fan !
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:00 pm

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
oh no. Don't pair me up with FF. I'll get a PBR in the mail.....
lol! 

I wouldn't complain about that. I'm a closet PBR fan !
thats because you have to go into the closet to drink it Razz 

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6130
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm actually enjoying one now. mmm.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13864
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:30 am

There's nothing enjoyable with a PBR!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 19828
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:15 pm

exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
oh no. Don't pair me up with FF. I'll get a PBR in the mail.....
lol! 

I wouldn't complain about that. I'm a closet PBR fan !
thats because you have to go into the closet to drink it Razz 

I have woken up in a closet after drinking it...Smile 
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1368
Age : 51

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:46 am

Quote :
Vinyl or CD? Or, hell, sheet music? Again, could be part of the wish list thread.
What about cassettes and 8tracks    Razz
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:05 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
Vinyl or CD? Or, hell, sheet music? Again, could be part of the wish list thread.
What about cassettes and 8tracks    Razz
toho would be sending us his edison reels from back when he was a teen.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23768
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:00 pm

exact33 wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
Vinyl or CD? Or, hell, sheet music? Again, could be part of the wish list thread.
What about cassettes and 8tracks    Razz
toho would be sending us his edison reels from back when he was a teen.
SD swears by 'em. That have the best dymanic range by far. crazy happy 

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22353
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
Vinyl or CD? Or, hell, sheet music? Again, could be part of the wish list thread.
What about cassettes and 8tracks    Razz
toho would be sending us his edison reels from back when he was a teen.
SD swears by 'em. That have the best dymanic range by far. crazy happy 
Razz 

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa   

Back to top Go down
 
Secret Santa
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Japan earhtquake/tsunami effects here in Santa Cruz
» secret base~???????~ Chords
» Secret Base - Scandal Cover Bass Tab
» scandal - secret base gp5 (bass,guitar,drums)
» 1986.08.30 - Santa Monica Civic Center, Los Angeles, USA

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: