ROCKABILLY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23519

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:40 pm

This is more of her solo rockabilly side...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1293

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:14 pm

Quote :
Might have to investigate that Kim Lenz too. Fiery red-head in a tight dress playing rockabilly? Yes please!!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:23 pm

I'm already enthralled by that Irish lass. Don't try to entangle me with a feisty red-head too! I can't afford it!!

What a Face

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:48 am

Neil Young even released an album of Rockabilly tunes in the 80's. I have this album, I bought it when it was new and still love it to this day. Ordered it from Columbia House when I was a kid and picked it up on CD when it was reissued about 10-15 years ago.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:26 pm

I've never heard the entire album, but I've always thought of that as almost a goof. Not that I doubt Neil's sincerity to a genre that I'm sure inspired him in his youth, but more of Neil's weird way of giving the finger to a record label that just wanted another hit record. "Let's see you promote this!! Ah-ha-ha-ha!!"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've never heard the entire album, but I've always thought of that as almost a goof. Not that I doubt Neil's sincerity to a genre that I'm sure inspired him in his youth, but more of Neil's weird way of giving the finger to a record label that just wanted another hit record. "Let's see you promote this!! Ah-ha-ha-ha!!"

Yes, that may have been the case he had a couple of oddball albums during that period but this is one that I enjoyed. Neil & The Shocking Pinks! He even played some of the songs live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    

Back to top Go down

ROCKABILLY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2