HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6568
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:28 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Hell - The Age of Nefarious
I just listened to this on Spotify, and DAMN! This band is good. Based on the cover, I was expecting something more retro.

Do these dudes have an album? The band name is too generic, making a search difficult.
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t15991-hell-human-remains?highlight=hell

It's all in here. Hell were a legendary cult band from my neck of the woods from the 80's and a huge influence on another local band Sabbat it's ex Sabbat guitarist Andy Sneap that's talked them into reforming and actually releasing records this time around.
Thanks man, I missed that thread. I dig on Sabbat, for sure.

I will be checking out that Hell LP.
Excellent band. Pick up Human Remains first. There's a 2 disc version that has the album and then everything Hell released with their original vocalist before he committed suicide. The new album comes out next tuesday and it's all new material.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6854
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:


I also scored an Orchid slipmat for my turntable - and it glows in the dark.
I'm a bit jealous of that!
Here you go:

http://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/products/sonstiges/orchid-glow-in-the-dark-slipmat.html

Get them while they last!
Wow! That is pretty cool. Had I seen that i would have bought it with the Orchid records that I've just bought from them.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6623
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:23 pm

On vinyl:

U2 - Boy
Styx - The Grand Illusion
Asia - s/t

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11609
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Destruction - Release From Agony
Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions - Bavarian Fruit Bread
In This Moment - The Promise (CD Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
Machine Head - From This Day (CD Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
Mystic Prophecy - Killhammer
Mystic Prophecy - Ravenlord
Mystic Prophecy - Vengeance (Reissue) (79 of 2,000)
Trey Anastasio - Seis De Mayo

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
avatar

Number of posts : 3487
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Marty Robbins- "A Lifetime of Songs"

_________________
"Oh man, I need TV? When I got T Rex"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27704
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Shiney wrote:
Marty Robbins- "A Lifetime of Songs"
Please tell me this is some sleaze/glam band riffing on the name...

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4191
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Joe Walsh - Analog Man

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 16004
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Lindi Ortega - Cigarettes & Truckstops
Lindi Ortega - Little Red Boots
Russian Circles - Memorial
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22616
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Nektar - Sound Like This 2 Cd
Running Wild - Resilient +3
Stryper - No More Hell to Pay
Place Vendome -Thunder in the Distance

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12286
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:42 am

Killswitch Engage - Disarm the Descent
Hatriot - Heroes of Origin
Lamb of God - As the Palaces Burn (reissue)
Evile - Skull
Evile - Infected Nation (deluxe edition)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24625
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:30 pm

I had an unusually lucky run of winning bids on ebay lately...

Age of Taurus - Desperate Souls of Tortured Times
Great White - Greatest Hits
Holy Barbarians - Cream
Horisont - Time Warriors
Monster Magnet - Last Patrol (w/2 bonus tracks)
Night Demon - s/t ep
Noctum - Final Sacrifice
Skid Row - United World Rebellion: Chapter 1 ep
Zodiac - A Hiding Place

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7632
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Tad Morose- Revenant (Cd, Autographed Poster and T shirt.)

_________________
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27704
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Bad Religion - Christmas Songs

This is a real eye-opener IMO.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11609
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Bad Religion - Christmas Songs

This is a real eye-opener IMO.
How so? I'm tempted to buy it because I love Bad Religion, but I find most Christmas albums to be lame. Dilemma! Haha.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27704
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Bad Religion - Christmas Songs

This is a real eye-opener IMO.
How so? I'm tempted to buy it because I love Bad Religion, but I find most Christmas albums to be lame. Dilemma! Haha.
Not only do they not do the annoying pronoun substitution ("he" for the traditional "Jesus" or "Christ") but they also sing multiple verses of these songs, most of which contain the gospel message in their lyrics. Since Bad Religion has basically made a career out of bad-mouthing "traditional religion", I found it amazing that they just sang these old carols as originally written. And in true Bad Religion fashion, they are supposedly donating the proceeds from this album to an organization that works with people abused by priests.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11609
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:07 am

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Bad Religion - Christmas Songs

This is a real eye-opener IMO.
How so? I'm tempted to buy it because I love Bad Religion, but I find most Christmas albums to be lame. Dilemma! Haha.
Not only do they not do the annoying pronoun substitution ("he" for the traditional "Jesus" or "Christ") but they also sing multiple verses of these songs, most of which contain the gospel message in their lyrics. †Since Bad Religion has basically made a career out of bad-mouthing "traditional religion", I found it amazing that they just sang these old carols as originally written. †And in true Bad Religion fashion, they are supposedly donating the proceeds from this album to an organization that works with people abused by priests.
Yeah, that's surprising. Since proceeds are going to a good cause, I might bite the bullet and grab a copy. How is it otherwise?

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6854
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I had an unusually lucky run of winning bids on ebay lately...

Age of Taurus - Desperate Souls of Tortured Times
Horisont - Time Warriors
Noctum - Final Sacrifice
I have and really like all of these. I don't think you'll be diappointed.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11609
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:52 am

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I had an unusually lucky run of winning bids on ebay lately...

Age of Taurus - Desperate Souls of Tortured Times
Horisont - Time Warriors
Noctum - Final Sacrifice
I have and really like all of these. I don't think you'll be diappointed.
He shouldn't be. They're great albums.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24625
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:51 am

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I had an unusually lucky run of winning bids on ebay lately...

Age of Taurus - Desperate Souls of Tortured Times
Horisont - Time Warriors
Noctum - Final Sacrifice
I have and really like all of these. I don't think you'll be diappointed.
He shouldn't be. They're great albums.
The only one I listened to so far was the Age of Taurus, which I like allot. The other 2 I haven't spun yet, but I'm familiar with their previous work, so I'll just go ahead and figure they'll be awesome too.Cool

Eyesore, did you hear the new Zodiac yet? It's a little more mellow than their debut, but it's another great album. These guys are the tops on my list of "retro-bands". The songs are just so immediatly catchy. One spin and I have the melodies stuck in my head. In fact, I gotta go bump their thread and tell everyone how awesome they are.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11609
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I had an unusually lucky run of winning bids on ebay lately...

Age of Taurus - Desperate Souls of Tortured Times
Horisont - Time Warriors
Noctum - Final Sacrifice
I have and really like all of these. I don't think you'll be diappointed.
He shouldn't be. They're great albums.
The only one I listened to so far was the Age of Taurus, which I like allot. The other 2 I haven't spun yet, but I'm familiar with their previous work, so I'll just go ahead and figure they'll be awesome too.Cool

Eyesore, did you hear the new Zodiac yet? It's a little more mellow than their debut, but it's another great album. These guys are the tops on my list of "retro-bands". The songs are just so immediatly catchy. One spin and I have the melodies stuck in my head. In fact, I gotta go bump their thread and tell everyone how awesome they are.
Yeah, the new Zodiac is great. I would definitely have liked something a bit heavier, but it's still great.

I do, however, think bands like this should stop cover "Cortez the Killer." It's been covered so many times and rarely does the band do anything original with it.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24625
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Quote :
I do, however, think bands like this should stop cover "Cortez the Killer." It's been covered so many times and rarely does the band do anything original with it.
I'm not familiar with the original or any other bands covering it so I don't mind. But I get ya. Like everyone and their brother covering 'Paint It Black'. Enough.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2060
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
I do, however, think bands like this should stop cover "Cortez the Killer." It's been covered so many times and rarely does the band do anything original with it.
I'm not familiar with the original or any other bands covering it so I don't mind. But I get ya. Like everyone and their brother covering 'Paint It Black'. Enough.
Makes sense that people cover Cortez, but I don't think I've ever heard one.

Dig the original though.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 920
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Lawnmower Deth- The Return of the Fabulous Metal Bozo Clowns
M.O.D.- U.S.A. for M.O.D.

Now I'm off to see if there's any good shit out there to buy with my remaining $6.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27704
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Bad Religion - Christmas Songs

This is a real eye-opener IMO.
How so? I'm tempted to buy it because I love Bad Religion, but I find most Christmas albums to be lame. Dilemma! Haha.
Not only do they not do the annoying pronoun substitution ("he" for the traditional "Jesus" or "Christ") but they also sing multiple verses of these songs, most of which contain the gospel message in their lyrics. †Since Bad Religion has basically made a career out of bad-mouthing "traditional religion", I found it amazing that they just sang these old carols as originally written. †And in true Bad Religion fashion, they are supposedly donating the proceeds from this album to an organization that works with people abused by priests.
Yeah, that's surprising. Since proceeds are going to a good cause, I might bite the bullet and grab a copy. How is it otherwise?
I think it's great. †It has the trademark BR harmonies. †In fact the opening to Hark The Herald Angels Sing almost sounds like something you'd hear in a church.



And they even get the Latin pronunciation correct on this one. When I was in the church choir we were told to pronounce it as "in eggshell-sees dayo."


_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11609
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:11 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
I do, however, think bands like this should stop cover "Cortez the Killer." It's been covered so many times and rarely does the band do anything original with it.
I'm not familiar with the original or any other bands covering it so I don't mind. But I get ya. Like everyone and their brother covering 'Paint It Black'. Enough.
Makes sense that people cover Cortez, but I don't think I've ever heard one.

Dig the original though.
Really? Govt. Mule. The Steepwater Band. Widespread Panic. Dave Matthews Band. Pearl Jam. Phish. Pretty much every jammy kind of band in existence has covered "Cortez the Killer." Haha.

A lot of times it's live, though. I typically don't care much for live albums from "normal" bands, but those Govt. Mule-type bands always change up songs in the live setting, so I dog them. Hence my annoyance with the constant covers. =)

And yes, "Paint It Black" belongs on the Banned Cover Songs list. Although Rage's cover is awesome; probably the best I've ever heard. Very unique take on the song.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013
Back to top 
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Music Station 2.8.2013
» 2013.03.16 - Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne, Australia
» [DONE] IFLS ITS INOCHI 23 JUNI 2013 [SBY dan skitar MASUK! haha]
» JPOP ASIA MUSIC AWARDS 2013
» Dennis Chambers Clinic - Daddy's Junky Music, Boston

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Collector's Corner-
Jump to: