HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Beer!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21434
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:12 pm

No need to apologize. I wasn't offended (I guess it may have come across that way), I was just trying to explain my taste of it. And for the record, I've tried some other Shock Top flavors and was not impressed. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 14000
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Drank a New Belgian Tangerine IPA last night. Tasted like I was drinking tangerine peelings. lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26242
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:42 pm

nevermore wrote:
Drank a New Belgian Tangerine IPA last night. Tasted like I was drinking tangerine peelings. lol!


Yeah that's the way the Stone Orange IPA is too.  But at least it's a triple IPA so there's a little bit of malt balance.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26242
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Made a trip to my local beer store today and found a new one from Founders.  It's part of their "barrel-aged" series but get this...it's a malt liquor!    It's basically a malt liquor aged in bourbon barrels.  I'm trying it now and it's definitely boozy but it's also not Colt .45 or Schlitz Malt Liquor. 

I probably wouldn't buy this again but given the weird recipe I had to try it.  ABV is 14.2% so it's a sipper for sure.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4811
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:29 pm

Sounds very weird and Founders has gotten out of my price range. I had a cream ale from local brewery Hop Nation last night. It's oat infused which makes it very smooth.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26242
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:59 pm

It IS weird.  Like I said, I won't buy it again but I'm still glad I tried it because it's an interesting experiment. I'm glad I opted for the 750ml bottle instead of the 4pk because it was 9.99 vs 14.99.  So for $10 it was a worthy chance; not so much at $15.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7375
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:11 am

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26242
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:30 pm


_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4811
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:46 pm

Rolling Rock is ok by the bottle or on tap compared to the others. Never had Yuengling.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4811
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Love this time of year, had Pelican Brewing's Tsunami Stout on Nitro last night. So good.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 14000
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Finally found Megadeth's A Tout Le Monde by Unibroue earlier. Currently in the fridge.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4811
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:45 pm

I still haven't found that here so you have to tell us how it is.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26242
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:16 pm

I haven't seen it here either but anything from Unibroue is quality so I'm sure it's decent.

On a side note, I've had some medical issues recently and all 3 doctors I've seen said it's mostly due to being overweight. Well since I eat sensibly and haven't changed my eating habits in literally decades, I know what I have to cut out.

I've cut back to 1 or 2 beers a night for the past 3 weeks instead of my usual 4 or so. Sad

But on the positive side, I had just stocked up before my first trip to a doctor in about 20 years so at this new rate I'll have enough beer to last at least 6 months. It's going to be like when I quit smoking 14 years ago; I'll just keep track of how much money I'm saving by drinking less beer. happy

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4811
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:16 pm

I've had to cut back due to the stinking price going up so much.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 14000
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:46 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I've had to cut back due to the stinking price going up so much.

lol!

The A Tout Le Monde is a smooth Saison type beer. Like Toho said it's made by Unibroue so it's a good beer.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4811
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:24 am

I've had there Maudite and Trois Pistoles, both very good. I found out their owned by Sapporo, don't know how I feel about that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26242
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I've had there Maudite and Trois Pistoles, both very good. I found out their owned by Sapporo, don't know how I feel about that.

Those are my two favorites from Unibroue.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4811
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Both sneak up on you too if you're not careful.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4811
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Winter beers coming out, I picked up Ninkasi's Sleigh'r and waiting to find Jubelale.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26242
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:42 pm

The winter beer I enjoy most is Samuel Adams' Old Fezzewig. It's just too bad the only way you can get it is by buying their entire Winter Sampler 12 pack. Fortunately there's enough other beers in there that I enjoy but I sure wish Sam would package up Fezzewig in 6 packs for the holidays.

Also looking forward to Schlafly's Christmas Ale.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22493
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I haven't seen it here either but anything from Unibroue is quality so I'm sure it's decent.

On a side note, I've had some medical issues recently and all 3 doctors I've seen said it's mostly due to being overweight.  Well since I eat sensibly and haven't changed my eating habits in literally decades, I know what I have to cut out.

I've cut back to 1 or 2 beers a night for the past 3 weeks instead of my usual 4 or so.  Sad

But on the positive side, I had just stocked up before my first trip to a doctor in about 20 years so at this new rate I'll have enough beer to last at least 6 months.  It's going to be like when I quit smoking 14 years ago; I'll just keep track of how much money I'm saving by drinking less beer. happy

i cant drink at all now since my surgery. As it is pumpkin ale season I have had to be a window shopper now Sad

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26242
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I haven't seen it here either but anything from Unibroue is quality so I'm sure it's decent.

On a side note, I've had some medical issues recently and all 3 doctors I've seen said it's mostly due to being overweight.  Well since I eat sensibly and haven't changed my eating habits in literally decades, I know what I have to cut out.

I've cut back to 1 or 2 beers a night for the past 3 weeks instead of my usual 4 or so.  Sad

But on the positive side, I had just stocked up before my first trip to a doctor in about 20 years so at this new rate I'll have enough beer to last at least 6 months.  It's going to be like when I quit smoking 14 years ago; I'll just keep track of how much money I'm saving by drinking less beer. happy

i cant drink at all now since my surgery. As it is pumpkin ale season I have had to be a window shopper now Sad

I sort of feel your pain. I've had to cut waaaaaay back due to very high blood pressure. But I'm allowing myself 1 beer per day during the week and 2 on weekends. I've already lost almost 15 pounds simply by cutting back on the beer.

Sure would suck not to be able to drink ANY though...

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22493
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I haven't seen it here either but anything from Unibroue is quality so I'm sure it's decent.

On a side note, I've had some medical issues recently and all 3 doctors I've seen said it's mostly due to being overweight.  Well since I eat sensibly and haven't changed my eating habits in literally decades, I know what I have to cut out.

I've cut back to 1 or 2 beers a night for the past 3 weeks instead of my usual 4 or so.  Sad

But on the positive side, I had just stocked up before my first trip to a doctor in about 20 years so at this new rate I'll have enough beer to last at least 6 months.  It's going to be like when I quit smoking 14 years ago; I'll just keep track of how much money I'm saving by drinking less beer. happy

i cant drink at all now since my surgery. As it is pumpkin ale season I have had to be a window shopper now Sad

I sort of feel your pain.  I've had to cut waaaaaay back due to very high blood pressure.  But I'm allowing myself 1 beer per day during the week and 2 on weekends. I've already lost almost 15 pounds simply by cutting back on the beer.  

Sure would suck not to be able to drink ANY though...

it is annoying - especially when it is time for after work happy hours and such. I never drank much more than 1 during a day anyways but I do miss the pumpkin taste.

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4811
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:38 pm

I've had to cut back due to cost but i've noticed the price is down on some lately.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26242
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Schlafly's barrel--aged version of their pumpkin ale.

I tried aging their regular pumpkin ale but it got a funny taste after about 6 months.  This tastes like what I was aiming for but unfortunately it's a little bit over $16 for a 4 pack and it's just not worth that much.

I also tried:

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout

It's a stout aged in oak barrels for 2 years over vanilla beans and OMG is it gooooood.  BUUUUUUT...it's also $8 for one 12oz bottle.  Sure it weighs in at 18% ABV but no beer is worth that price.  But the store was selling single bottles as opposed to the $32 four-pack so I decided to give it a shot.  Definitely a one and done but I'm very glad I tried it.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Beer!   

Back to top Go down
 
Beer!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 42 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Similar topics
-
» No Beer Bands
» HELLO WORLD Album Lyrics
» List of all tabs on SCANDAL HEAVEN
» HELLO WORLD BAND SCORE TABS (PDF+GP5) [+Runners high]
» Kan Biiru chords

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: