HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 (What the hell happened to) Watchtower

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal


Number of posts : 1786
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:40 pm

I meant the full album (in physical form, CD or LP). I'm not fond of buying mp3s and can wait a couple of months more for the whole deal.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1585
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:05 pm

With the speed they wrote those 4 songs, I'm afraid you will have to wait at least another decade for a full album... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 920
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:40 am

stormspell wrote:
With the speed they wrote those 4 songs, I'm afraid you will have to wait at least another decade for a full album... Wink

Thankfully, everything's already finished. They just needed Tecchio to come in and lay down vox.

But even it wasn't, I never expected this to happen in a million years, especially with Ron's attitude towards the project.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 490
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:23 am

LOL there's actually such a thing as Jehovah's Witness metal? I assume this is the official worship music band for the main congregation? I always knew the JWs taught that most people will be permanently annihilated at the end of time. That kind of destructive image is totally metal!
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 920
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:56 am

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5210
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:18 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:


Thankfully, everything's already finished. They just needed Tecchio to come in and lay down vox.

But that's been the situation for several years. Before Tecchio, it was McMaster. So let's not assume completion is right around the corner.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23989
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Prosthetic Records will release legendary progressive metallers WATCHTOWER's recent digital-only tracks on LP and CD. The four tracks will be combined with one brand new song, creating the EP "Concepts of Math: Book One" and will be released on limited edition vinyl and digipack CD later this year.

"Concepts of Math: Book One" features 2010's digital single, "The Size of Matter", along with three additional tracks the band surprised fans by releasing across digital platforms late last year. An epic new track, "Mathematica Calculis", rounds out the EP.

"Concepts of Math: Book One" track listing:

01. M-Theory Overture
02. Arguments Against Design
03. Technology Inaction
04. The Size Of Matter
05. Mathematica Calculis

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21100
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:49 pm

Interesting. This is a band I'd like to check into more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31126
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Quote :
"Concepts of Math: Book One"

I swear I had a textbook with that exact same title in college. Very Happy

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 920
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 pm

I absolutely hate EP's, but this will have to do.

Since they have a legitimate phobia of writing music, they should work on re-releasing Energetic Disassembly after this.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6165
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
"Concepts of Math: Book One"

I swear I had a textbook with that exact same title in college. Very Happy

Was it more exciting than a Watchtower album?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5210
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:26 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
"Concepts of Math: Book One"

I swear I had a textbook with that exact same title in college. Very Happy

Was it more exciting than a Watchtower album?

?

Excuse me? How rehashed is the music on all those retro "metal" bands who I hear you gush over? How is listening to z-grade Diamond Head wannabes exciting?

Sorry that Watchtower play more than 4 simple chords per song and lose important listeners like you in the process. You should give them some of your sage advice on how to make their music more gooder.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6165
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
"Concepts of Math: Book One"

I swear I had a textbook with that exact same title in college. Very Happy

Was it more exciting than a Watchtower album?

?

Excuse me? How rehashed is the music on all those retro "metal" bands who I hear you gush over? How is listening to z-grade Diamond Head wannabes exciting?

Sorry that Watchtower play more than 4 simple chords per song and lose important listeners like you in the process. You should give them some of your sage advice on how to make their music more gooder.


Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5210
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:35 pm

So glad you write reviews so I can get a glimpse into the brain of a music expert. You have so much insight to share. Thanks for devoting your time to this charity.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6165
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
So glad you write reviews so I can get a glimpse into the brain of a music expert. You have so much insight to share. Thanks for devoting your time to this charity.

'

Lol. You're the best. Never change.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5210
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:49 pm

I won't buddy. Keep being a great you.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6165
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I won't buddy. Keep being a great you.

Thanks man, you too. Good luck with all your future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Prosthetic Records will release legendary progressive metallers WATCHTOWER's recent digital-only tracks on LP and CD. The four tracks will be combined with one brand new song, creating the EP "Concepts of Math: Book One" and will be released on limited edition vinyl and digipack CD later this year.

"Concepts of Math: Book One" features 2010's digital single, "The Size of Matter", along with three additional tracks the band surprised fans by releasing across digital platforms late last year. An epic new track, "Mathematica Calculis", rounds out the EP.

"Concepts of Math: Book One" track listing:

01. M-Theory Overture
02. Arguments Against Design
03. Technology Inaction
04. The Size Of Matter
05. Mathematica Calculis

Now THIS is what I was talking about in a different thread! Cool! They are going to drop an Ep.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26104
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
"Concepts of Math: Book One"

I swear I had a textbook with that exact same title in college. Very Happy

Was it more exciting than a Watchtower album?

?

Excuse me? How rehashed is the music on all those retro "metal" bands who I hear you gush over? How is listening to z-grade Diamond Head wannabes exciting?

Sorry that Watchtower play more than 4 simple chords per song and lose important listeners like you in the process. You should give them some of your sage advice on how to make their music more gooder.


One of the reasons I continue to hang out here is the willingness of board members to accept differing musical opinions. Glad to see THAT'S not going away. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, I open threads about bands with which I'm unfamiliar to see if I might be interested in broadening my musical horizons. But when I run into a "fan" with this kind of attitude I instantly discard the band from my memory. Sure I might be missing out but if this is an example of what a band's fans are like I'm not missing out on much.

It's like the BMW car brand. They make some good looking cars that I might actually be interested in buying but I refuse to ever buy a BMW because every BMW owner I've ever known has been an A**HOLE.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 920
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
But when I run into a "fan" with this kind of attitude I instantly discard the band from my memory.

Why should any of us care though? 1+/- fan isn't going to make or break a band that is already considered obscure to begin with (despite influencing the likes of Dream Theater and other popular prog groups).

If I don't like a band that's posted here, I'm not going to drop by just to insult them and leave - "HuR HuR Watchtower is boring!" Painkiller-posting doesn't add anything to the conversation but pages and pages of flaming.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26104
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:13 pm

It's the principle. I love exploring bands I haven't heard.

Back to the BMW analogy. I was interested in their cars but their owners so turned me off that I refused to buy one no matter how much I liked it. Instead I went with an Infiniti which has comparable quality and style but doesn't come with the pretentious, snarky bullsh*t I grew to associate with BMW.

I think Witchfinder was just making an amusing comment and instead of laughing it off "Temple of BMW" got his undies in a wad. So Watchtower goes to the Toho BMW purgatory for the same reason.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6841
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Toho, you have a great analogy there and one I certainly agree with, but, I think for ToB it's a bit more personal as he wrote on page 1 that he was trying to join this group at one time and sent them a demo too. Just my 2 pennies.

Back on topic. In all seriousness, how many Metal songs can you write about Math?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6165
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:43 pm

I was in no way trying to insult TOB. In fact, it was a private joke between Fat Freddy and I that had nothing to do with him. I guess TOB took it personally and lashed out at me and attacked me personally.

I don't think I have a reputation on this board of trolling comments and commenting about bands that I don't like. I find that to be a waste of time. In fact, I would imagine my reputation is more of someone who shills endlessly for many, many bands. Oddly enough, I want more people to like what I like. So sue me.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6841
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:54 pm

As Far as I can tell, you have a great rep on this board and are without a doubt, one of my fave people on the board. I like ToB a lot too, but I just can't seem to figure him out after all these years.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 26104
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I was in no way trying to insult TOB. In fact, it was a private joke between Fat Freddy and I that had nothing to do with him. I guess TOB took it personally and lashed out at me and attacked me personally.

I don't think I have a reputation on this board of trolling comments and commenting about bands that I don't like. I find that to be a waste of time. In fact, I would imagine my reputation is more of someone who shills endlessly for many, many bands. Oddly enough, I want more people to like what I like. So sue me.


Your rep here is fine IMO. And that's what pissed me off about ToB(mw)'s response. He adopts that "I know more than you so my opinion is worth more than your's" pose a lot and this time I just decided to not let it go.

For my money, the fastest way to turn anyone off to a band of which you are a fan is to come out and immediately ridicule someone who is making a joke about said band instead of laughing it off.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: (What the hell happened to) Watchtower    

Back to top Go down
 
(What the hell happened to) Watchtower
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Cage Hell Destroyer?
» Hell has just frozen
» An Enormous Door Slamming in the Depths of Hell...
» Hell Girl
» Right Next Door To Hell

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: