HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Mark Slaughter...New Single

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1364
Age : 50

PostSubject: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:27 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Givin-Up-Mark-Slaughter/dp/B00IVH9RVW

Sounds very AOR to me...I hear some Vinnie Vincent era music here...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11043
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Heard the sample a bit ago. His voice sounds good, which is a far cry from how he sounds live. Didn't know it was available. Guess I'll go "grab" a copy.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
avatar

Number of posts : 7834
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:25 am

He sounds very good in that clip.Like Eyesore said his voice sounds shot live.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6278
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:00 am

The big reason he sounds "shot" live is that he painted himself in a corner back in the day singing all that super high stuff. This song is much more in his natural range and he doesn't have to strain to "get there". He sounds good.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3284
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 pm

He sounds fine. Song is forgettable.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 14413
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:27 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
He sounds fine. Song is forgettable.

I feel the same.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4694
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:39 am

Love mark. Slaughter are one of my favourite bands.

Will get this one for sure.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11043
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:41 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
The big reason he sounds "shot" live is that he painted himself in a corner back in the day singing all that super high stuff. This song is much more in his natural range and he doesn't have to strain to "get there". He sounds good.

That's what I've wondered.

I really wish they'd do a new album. I think The Wild Life is kind of weak, but I love everything else they've done. And this solo track is really good.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1587
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:27 am

Downloaded it a few days ago. It's a good song, and he pulls off a pretty a nice solo as well. I hope we'll hear more from him soon.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6278
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:32 am

glassprison wrote:
Downloaded it a few days ago. It's a good song, and he pulls off a pretty a nice solo as well. I hope we'll hear more from him soon.

A lot of people don't know that Mark was a guitar teacher who fell into singing. He's a shredder...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9625
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:56 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
glassprison wrote:
Downloaded it a few days ago. It's a good song, and he pulls off a pretty a nice solo as well. I hope we'll hear more from him soon.

A lot of people don't know that Mark was a guitar teacher who fell into singing. He's a shredder...

I have both Xcursion albums and have always said he's a competent player.
Good song (IMHDO)
If he's employed doing voiceover work, gotta have something there I suppose. Like you (S.P) said, dude painted himself into a corner and thought the ceiling was the next logical place to go.

_________________
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1587
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Looks like he will be releasing a full album worth of new material. I'm looking forward to it, as I really like the single.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/02602.shtml

I don't understand why he doesn't do any of the lower-range Slaughter songs live. "Searchin'" was a minor hit, and they had a video for it, but they never include in the setlist, while songs like "Take Me To The Sky," which hardly anyone knows anyway are still included.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11043
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:29 pm

The single is really good.

And I agree with you, but sadly people want to hear "Fly to the Angels," even if it sounds like complete ass.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1587
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:14 am

The full album is now recorded. You can hear the samples here:

http://markslaughter.com/music.html


He sounds great on these samples! What a huge difference from the way he sounds live these days. And, as expected, some very nice guitar work.

The downside is that it seems like it is only available via this Japan-exclusive "iDitty" thing. $20 is a bit steep for a digital download, even if it comes with an autographed iDitty card.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 14413
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:03 am

glassprison wrote:
The full album is now recorded. You can hear the samples here:

http://markslaughter.com/music.html


He sounds great on these samples! What a huge difference from the way he sounds live these days. And, as expected, some very nice guitar work.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11043
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Yeah, the iDitty thing is super-lame. I'm not paying $20 plus S&H for a lame-ass piece of plastic just to download an album. If he's not doing a physical release, that's fine, but put it on Amazon or iTunes or something.

The album sounds great, though.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11043
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Sat May 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Anyone heard his new album yet? I don't think it's very good at all. =( A real shame because I've always thought he was a great songwriter, but this album is a bit of a mess.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4694
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Sun May 24, 2015 3:55 am

Heard some samples. I think it is kind of average. So I probably won't be buying it any time soon.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1587
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Sun May 24, 2015 7:31 am

Yeah, I bought it. I wish he would have recorded it with an actual band. A lot of the drumming sounds electronic. The mix leaves a lot to be desired as well. But there are a number of pretty cool songs on it. "Baby Wants" is my favorite.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Sun May 24, 2015 12:38 pm

glassprison wrote:
Looks like he will be releasing a full album worth of new material. I'm looking forward to it, as I really like the single.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/02602.shtml

I don't understand why he doesn't do any of the lower-range Slaughter songs live. "Searchin'" was a minor hit, and they had a video for it, but they never include in the setlist, while songs like "Take Me To The Sky," which hardly anyone knows anyway are still included.



Dig that tune and his voice in that range. There's something Southern Rock-ish about that song, as well. He should have sung more songs in that lower range because he sounds really good!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1587
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Sun May 24, 2015 1:22 pm

I agree. I've always enjoyed that song. It's strange to me that it is a song that they released as a single and one Mark could definitely still sing, but yet they never play it live. It's not like it is being excluded in order for them to play bigger singles either. I mean, they still play "Take Me Away" from the 1999 Back to Reality album.


Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1420
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:54 am



Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4694
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:51 pm

chewie wrote:
glassprison wrote:
Looks like he will be releasing a full album worth of new material. I'm looking forward to it, as I really like the single.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news/02602.shtml

I don't understand why he doesn't do any of the lower-range Slaughter songs live. "Searchin'" was a minor hit, and they had a video for it, but they never include in the setlist, while songs like "Take Me To The Sky," which hardly anyone knows anyway are still included.





Dig that tune and his voice in that range. There's something Southern Rock-ish about that song, as well. He should have sung more songs in that lower range because he sounds really good!

Love that song. Reminds me of my college years... wait, that was over 20 years ago Sad
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11043
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:58 am

mikeinfla wrote:



Good tunes. "Hey You" is the better of the two. Kind of a messy mix, though. =( Wish this dude would step back from the mic and just write songs, let someone else sing.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4694
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Mark's voice sounds very good. I am glad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mark Slaughter...New Single   

Back to top Go down
 
Mark Slaughter...New Single
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New MercyMe single
» question mark cover of 'loose'
» New Kutless single
» New Kutless single.
» Don Brewer of Grand Funk at a Drum Clinic Playing "Mark Says

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: