Favorite metal sub-genres

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Favorite metal sub-genres   Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:01 am

Mine is thrash metal. I really enjoy the breakneck speed of the genre and the (sometimes) technical performances of the guitarists and crazy maniac pounding of the drummers behind the kit. Fav bands include   , (old) Metallica, Slayer,   , Annihilator, Testament, Exodus, Sadus, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Kreator, and Overkill.

I also really love death metal. Took me a few years to really appreciate this genre, but I seriously love it. Some of my favorite bands in this genre are Deicide, Gojira, Possessed, Suffocation, Behemoth (blackened death, still counts), Goatwhore, and Death.

I'm somewhat into black metal. Not an avid listen of it, but I'll turn a band on if I'm in the mood. Bands for me include Gorgoroth, Lyfthrasyr, Bathory, Venom, and Gehenna. 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31135

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal sub-genres   Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:03 am

I dig a little thrash, a little Euro-Power, a little NWOBHM, a little hair metal, a little punk rock, a little song, a little dance, the Batman's head upon a lance...

Pretty much anything that doesn't have WOOOOARRRRRRGH vox in it is fine by me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down

Favorite metal sub-genres
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1