Comic Con

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1415

PostSubject: Comic Con   Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Anyone ever been to a comic con (specifically wizard world)? Was it fun? what was it like? Is it worth the massive amount of money it would cost me and my wife to go?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24035

PostSubject: Re: Comic Con   Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:01 am

I went to one in Philly back in the late 90's, when it was still more of a nerd-fest and not as popular as it is today. I was a casual collector at the time and went with a buddy of mine. It was more out of curiosity really than collecting. I think it was just a 2-day event. It was cool seeing some of the artists and stuff. I picked up a few things but nothing really expensive or noteworthy, save for one thing. I found a copy of MAD Magazine from June of 1971, the month and year I was born. Thought that was cool.

I don't recall spending a ton or money or anything, but that was almost 20 years ago. Oh, and I did get my picture taken with Mr. T too. So there's that.

I like looking at photos and reading articles about them nowadays, but I wouldn't have an interest in actually going to one now. I don't have the time, money or even comic knowledge anymore.

Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31212

PostSubject: Re: Comic Con   Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:20 am

I used to go to small local monthly "cons" all the time during my comic collecting days (80s and early 90s) but never any of the big shows like San Diego Comicon or Wizard World, so my experience was similar to MG's. The shows I attended were pretty basic, just a room full of dealers and a couple of random comic artists sketching stuff for the fanboys. There were never any movie/TV stars, cosplayers, or any of that nonsense.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12801

PostSubject: Re: Comic Con   Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:58 am

Never been to one, never been top of my list for trips..... But, I do know people that have gone to ComiCon in San Diego and they loved it.... they haven't gone in a few years, but said they always had fun when they went.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5012

PostSubject: Re: Comic Con   Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:37 pm

The one in Sacramento is pretty big. My kids dig it and have gone the last three years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comic Con   

Back to top Go down

Comic Con
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1