HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Time Warp?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:19 pm

WTF is going on with the Latest Post timestamp on the forums on the main page?† Look at the Heart Of Metal, Let The Music Do The Talking or Gutterbox forums; they all show the latest posts from today at a future time.†

If one of you guys has figured out how to post messages from the future I sure wish you'd clue the rest of us in.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:23 pm

They updated the Time Zone feature in the forum software. †You will need to adjust it accordingly in your forum profile.

Go to Profile>Preferences.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Well I changed it to America/Indiana - Indianapolis (because I think that's at least in the Central time zone) but I'm still showing posts from the future. It displays correctly inside each forum but whacky times for the Last Post column of each forum on the main page.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24532
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Time to fess up.

I was finally able to gather up enough plutonium to get my flux capacitor working and my first order of business was to travel to the future and f*ck with Toho. Sorry buddy.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:46 pm

I figured it was you!

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24532
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:08 pm

There is an easy fix though. Follow these steps:

1. Jump to the left
2. Step to the right
3. Put your hands on your hips
4. Bend your knees in tight
5. Thrust pelvis*
6. Repeat as necessary

*Caution, may cause slight insanity.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:20 pm

That column isn't even updating now.† It still tells me the last post in this forum was by MetalGuy at 10:34 am

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:43 pm

We have no control of how these features work or don't work. That's the forum software.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6495
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Well I changed it to America/Indiana - Indianapolis (because I think that's at least in the Central time zone) but I'm still showing posts from the future. It displays correctly inside each forum but whacky times for the Last Post column of each forum on the main page.

Indianapolis is on Eastern Time not Central. That may be part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:47 pm

But are you seeing the same thing or is it just me?

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:47 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Well I changed it to America/Indiana - Indianapolis (because I think that's at least in the Central time zone) but I'm still showing posts from the future. It displays correctly inside each forum but whacky times for the Last Post column of each forum on the main page.

Indianapolis is on Eastern Time not Central. †That may be part of the problem. †

That preference options is really a mess.† It only give certain US cities.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6495
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Well I changed it to America/Indiana - Indianapolis (because I think that's at least in the Central time zone) but I'm still showing posts from the future. It displays correctly inside each forum but whacky times for the Last Post column of each forum on the main page.

Indianapolis is on Eastern Time not Central. †That may be part of the problem. †

That preference options is really a mess.† It only give certain US cities.

I think St Louis is UTC - 6:00. Try picking a city with that and see if it fixes the time issue.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Well I changed it to America/Indiana - Indianapolis (because I think that's at least in the Central time zone) but I'm still showing posts from the future. It displays correctly inside each forum but whacky times for the Last Post column of each forum on the main page.

Indianapolis is on Eastern Time not Central. †That may be part of the problem. †

That preference options is really a mess.† It only give certain US cities.

I think St Louis is UTC - 6:00. †Try picking a city with that and see if it fixes the time issue.

I'll try it but I don't think that explains why the main forum page isn't updating to any time.† But who knows?

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:51 pm

OK, the posting times in each thread are now in Central time.† But the Last Post Time on the main page still isn't updating at all.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6495
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
OK, the posting times in each thread are now in Central time.† But the Last Post Time on the main page still isn't updating at all.

Weird. I am not seeing that. After changing my UTC time all the times were correct.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:57 pm

This forum for example still says the last post was my MetalGuy around 10:30 am.† It doesn't recognize this entire thread at all.† Very odd.

It's annoying because I can't tell when someone has posted something new in any forum.† I think I'll try clearing my cache and rebooting.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm not seeing this problem either. I think you need to clear our your internet cache and delete your cookies to the forum. Then log back in and see how it behaves.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:02 pm

I just did all of that but cookies and it still looks the same.† Cookies are next.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27543
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:04 pm

Yay! Dumping the cookies fixed it. Wow that was bizarre. Thanks guys.

PS: I still blame MetalGuy.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life


Number of posts : 15680
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:56 am

Maybe a Godzilla attack, bwahahaha!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12810
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:50 pm

Just notice I have the time warp thing going on too - odd since I deleted cookies/etc on this computer yesterday.....
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6296
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:07 am

Little late here, but yeah I've been experiencing the same thing. No big deal, just weird.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12810
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:15 am

I wonder if the software the forum uses is a week ahead of the switch back to standard time from daylight saving times...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Time Warp?   

Back to top Go down
 
Time Warp?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Retrospect Records / Time Warp / Evil Eye / Strikeforce
» First time On CD Black Bach - Lamont Dozier '74
» Slow time musically......
» For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage
» First Time Out on DVD: Miles Davis Live 1973 Stockholm

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: