HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Things you skip when collecting artist discographies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 11021

PostSubject: Re: Things you skip when collecting artist discographies?   Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:01 pm

Oh, and I don't really care for DVDs, either.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 711

PostSubject: Re: Things you skip when collecting artist discographies?   Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:41 pm

Cost is king.

I buy everything exclusively second hand so if I can find (and I don't mean Ebay or Amazon) it I will buy it...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6435

PostSubject: Re: Things you skip when collecting artist discographies?   Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:37 am

I've come to the conclusion that there is too much good music and too many great albums to obsessively collect everything a band releases (and too many douche labels releasing an album in 54 different colours etc).

Apart from anything Tom Fischer related, that's different!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 631

PostSubject: Re: Things you skip when collecting artist discographies?   Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:20 am

I'll only buy compilations if I feel there are enough songs that I don't already have to make it worthwhile. That'll generally happen if I'm still missing a large portion of their discography or the compilation has a lot of stuff not available on their studio albums.

I don't bother with live albums, although I do pick up live DVDs from time to time. The chances of me seeing most of the bands I like like are almost zero, so while DVDs aren't nearly the same thing, they make up for that a little.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1391

PostSubject: Re: Things you skip when collecting artist discographies?   Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:08 am

A bulk of my collection came from BMG and Columbia House CD clubs. I used to order stuff from them all the time. Around the time they went under I had stopped buying a lot of music. I still buy CD's but it has to be something I really want or see very cheap ($5 bin). While in those CD clubs I used to order things just "because". Not that I really wanted it, I just bought stuff because I was to the point of "Buy ONE get TWO FREE!".
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Things you skip when collecting artist discographies?   Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:47 pm

I mostly do studio albums, but I get live albums of my favorite bands. I only have compilations that people gave me as gifts or something, which is cool too, but I just wouldn't spend more money than I have to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you skip when collecting artist discographies?   

Back to top Go down

Things you skip when collecting artist discographies?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2