HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Favorite albums of the year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7550
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:08 pm

1976

AC/DC- High Voltage
AC/DC- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Blue Oyster Cult- Agents Of Fortune
Genesis- Trick Of The Tail
Judas Priest- Sad Wings Of Destiny
Kiss- Destroyer
The Ramones- S/T
Thin Lizzy- Jailbreak

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.phoenixreign.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19278
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:04 pm

1975:

Alice Cooper-Welcome to My Nightmare

1976:

AC/DC-Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:06 am

Camel - Moonmadness
Boston - Boston
Heart - Dreamboat Annie
Steely Dan - The Royal Scam
Led Zeppelin - Presence
Rush - 2112
Rush - All The World's A Stage
Robin Trower - Long Misty Days
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox
Queen - A Day At The Races
Electric Light Orchestra - A New World Record
Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail
Genesis - Wind & Wuthering
AC/DC - High Voltage
Rainbow - Rising
The Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery And Imagination
Jeff Beck - Wired
Blue Oyster Cult - Agents of Fortune
Kiss - Rock And Roll Over
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 18610
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:06 am

I finally have a little more variable selection of releases in 1976 :

KISS - Destroyer
KISS - Rock And Roll Over
AC/DC - High Voltage
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny
Blue Oyster Cult - Agents Of Fortune
Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy


Out of those, I'll go with Destroyer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30529
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:30 am

I've got eight (!) 1976 releases on my shelf:

AC/DC - High Voltage and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
(of course, Dirty Deeds... didn't get a U.S. release till '81)
Aerosmith - Rocks
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
KISS - Destroyer and Rock and Roll Over
Ramones - S/T
Scorpions - Virgin Killer

I love 'em all so picking a fave is a tough one. I'm honestly sick of KISS' Destroyer, and besides I have always preferred R & RO anyway.
Sad Wings is one of my all time favorite Priest albums, Rocks is my favorite Aerosmith album, and the Ramones' debut is an album I want buried with me when I die... soooo ....aaaaaaack! (head explodes)

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3140
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:48 am

1976 is Rainbow Rising for me. A perfect 10/10 album.

It was a pretty big year with some of the best 70s albums released that year. I think with Rocks, Sad Wings, Jailbreak, Agents of Fortune and No Heavy Petting it's got to be the single best year for heavy metal so far, if we're counting that sort of things.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7550
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've got eight (!) 1976 releases on my shelf:

AC/DC - High Voltage and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
(of course, Dirty Deeds... didn't get a U.S. release till '81)
Aerosmith - Rocks
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
KISS - Destroyer and Rock and Roll Over
Ramones - S/T
Scorpions - Virgin Killer

I love 'em all so picking a fave is a tough one. I'm honestly sick of KISS' Destroyer, and besides I have always preferred R & RO anyway.
Sad Wings is one of my all time favorite Priest albums, Rocks is my favorite Aerosmith album, and the Ramones' debut is an album I want buried with me when I die... soooo ....aaaaaaack! (head explodes)

How could you be sick of Destroyer?

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.phoenixreign.com
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7550
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Lari wrote:
1976 is Rainbow Rising for me. A perfect 10/10 album.

It was a pretty big year with some of the best 70s albums released that year. I think with Rocks, Sad Wings, Jailbreak, Agents of Fortune and No Heavy Petting it's got to be the single best year for heavy metal so far, if we're counting that sort of things.

i'd say so too as far as the 70's go. Mainly because its just starting to creep in full force.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.phoenixreign.com
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30529
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I've got eight (!) 1976 releases on my shelf:

AC/DC - High Voltage and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
(of course, Dirty Deeds... didn't get a U.S. release till '81)
Aerosmith - Rocks
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
KISS - Destroyer and Rock and Roll Over
Ramones - S/T
Scorpions - Virgin Killer

I love 'em all so picking a fave is a tough one. I'm honestly sick of KISS' Destroyer, and besides I have always preferred R & RO anyway.
Sad Wings is one of my all time favorite Priest albums, Rocks is my favorite Aerosmith album, and the Ramones' debut is an album I want buried with me when I die... soooo ....aaaaaaack! (head explodes)

How could you be sick of Destroyer?

For quite some time in the 80s it was the only KISS tape I had, and I played it so much that I burned myself out on it... I know to a lot of fans it's the Alpha and Omega of KISS but they have many others that I like better.

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7550
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I've got eight (!) 1976 releases on my shelf:

AC/DC - High Voltage and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
(of course, Dirty Deeds... didn't get a U.S. release till '81)
Aerosmith - Rocks
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
KISS - Destroyer and Rock and Roll Over
Ramones - S/T
Scorpions - Virgin Killer

I love 'em all so picking a fave is a tough one. I'm honestly sick of KISS' Destroyer, and besides I have always preferred R & RO anyway.
Sad Wings is one of my all time favorite Priest albums, Rocks is my favorite Aerosmith album, and the Ramones' debut is an album I want buried with me when I die... soooo ....aaaaaaack! (head explodes)

How could you be sick of Destroyer?

For quite some time in the 80s it was the only KISS tape I had, and I played it so much that I burned myself out on it... I know to a lot of fans it's the Alpha and Omega of KISS but they have many others that I like better.

I can see that

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.phoenixreign.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Favorite albums of the year   

Back to top Go down
 
Favorite albums of the year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» Your top 5 LEAST FAVORITE albums for 2013?
» FAVORITE ALBUMS Episode 4: Speed Metal
» What is your favorite Stooges album?
» Mikael Akerfeldt's list of "very inspiring" albums
» STOOGES Albums TOP 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Fun and Games-
Jump to: